Super WC weekend Playoff Game 1 — NE* at Buffalo. Are you worried?

Playoff Game 1 is looking to be NE* at Buffalo.  

219 members have voted

1. 1. What is your mindset. Are you worried?

• Hell No! The Bills own the East!!!
    • Belicheat & Jones should be feared

3 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I could be misremembering, but I thought the replay showed him engaging in the block at the LOS and then continuing the block downfield - which IS legal. It is only illegal when you go down field and then engage. 

You are misremembering: https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-with-a-14-yard-touchdown-pass-to-gabriel-davis-bills-vs-patriots. He just bolts down unengaged the field and doesn't get called for it. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

Off topic, but can someone explain to me how the Bills lost to that Jags team?  Did Allen play with a 103 temp? Was every receiver out sick? I mean that’s a terrible Jags team! (I am truly asking because the game Sunday was like a bad scrimmage and the Bills are like light years better even on a bad day!)

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Off topic, but can someone explain to me how the Bills lost to that Jags team?  Did Allen play with a 103 temp? Was every receiver out sick? I mean that’s a terrible Jags team! (I am truly asking because the game Sunday was like a bad scrimmage and the Bills are like light years better even on a bad day!)

In my view, the Bills opted for a "hide our scheme diversity" approach to that game and played very, very vanilla all game. They figured they could win on talent alone. Allen tried to push it down the field all day and didn't take easy first down throws. The offensive line was a mess that day because Spencer Brown was out and Cody Ford came in. He was bad. So was Daryl Williams, who moved out to RT. And there were a dozen penalties. They clearly were looking past a team that hadn't won a game in nearly 20 tries.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

OL got dominated. Couldn't get in the end zone early. Turnovers. Jags defense believed as the game stayed close.

27 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

on any given Sunday 

how was Tampa losing to the JETS until the last minute?

💩 happens. 

Lots of teams have those this year I think.  Houston and the Jets beat the Titans.  Houston almost (should have) beat NE, Jax beat Buffalo, Detroit/Arizona

The bottom line is that every player in this league is a peak athlete, well conditioned, and very competitive.  All the coaches are the best in the world as well.  So many games come down to a few feet, a call/non call, a bad bounce, etc. There are no easy games, and nothing should be taken for granted.

48 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It was 26-20 and Allen on 1st and 10 throws it right into the numbers of JC Jackson who dropped it.. that right here was game for Pats fans.. he catches that he rumbles down into the red zone and the Pats probably score since Harris had been rolling on them. Point being the game was close and both teams missed plays.. 

If Harris doesn’t pull his Hammy in game 1 it’s a blowout in game one.. (He was absent the entire second half minus 1 20 yard carry which would have been a TD if he hadn’t been running on a bad Hammy)  

The Pats would have swept the Bills if Jackson holds onto the two passes into his hands..  heck I’ll go one better if Meyers and Agalor don’t both drop perfect passes in the first half the Pats score more points before halftime.. 

point is both games were. Lose, both teams blew chances in both games, the outcome was 2 close games in the 4th. Both teams fans have reason be confident in a rematch. 

very few people share this sentiment. in fact i've had talks with other actual pats fans that dont believe what you just said there. Heck, most of the media discussions about that game even ended with "it most likely would have been a different outcome without the wind".... moral of the story is mcdermott has basically owned the pats for the better part of 2 years now. Any pats fan overly confident in a rookie qb heading into a division champs house during the playoffs is slightly delusional. Barring another anomalous weather event, its just not something i'd be confident in as a pats fan.... Its basically clinging to a false narrative that insinuates bellicheck has some sort of mystical hold over buffalo. Which has been completely shattered over the last 2 seasons.

also you're speculating in parts of your posts that the pats actually drive and score off certain defensive and offensive drops. i'm referencing plays that happened in the freaking ENDZONE. and stop acting like jackson dropped 2 passes the first one was nearly impossible to catch. thats merely an attempt at an errant throw.... you are realllllyyyy trying to warp things man.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

It was 26-20 and Allen on 1st and 10 throws it right into the numbers of JC Jackson who dropped it.. that right here was game for Pats fans.. he catches that he rumbles down into the red zone and the Pats probably score since Harris had been rolling on them. Point being the game was close and both teams missed plays.. 

If Harris doesn’t pull his Hammy in game 1 it’s a blowout in game one.. (He was absent the entire second half minus 1 20 yard carry which would have been a TD if he hadn’t been running on a bad Hammy)  

The Pats would have swept the Bills if Jackson holds onto the two passes into his hands..  heck I’ll go one better if Meyers and Agalor don’t both drop perfect passes in the first half the Pats score more points before halftime.. 

point is both games were. Lose, both teams blew chances in both games, the outcome was 2 close games in the 4th. Both teams fans have reason be confident in a rematch. 

I mean….pats defense forced 0 punts and the only stop you got was our rb tackling himself on the goal line lol hard to believe you would’ve won that game even given a handful of hypotheticals in just your favor.  I’m not saying the pats should feel like it’s a David and Goliath type playoff matchup cuz the bills are capable of just about anything good or bad…but that second matchup really looked like the pats were completely outmatched personnel wise.  I don’t think the pats gameplan is really prone to blowing out a playoff caliber team without a rash of injuries so I severely doubt you blow us out in matchup one but I could definitely envision a game where the pats don’t blow that special teams play and win that one by two scores.  Bills missed a ton of chances that game too though so that’s another one where I think hypothetical world favors the bills.   I’m still shocked bass missed that short fg with how well struck it looked despite being into the wind.  Then you have diggs getting bonked in the arm with a sure td…Knox dropping like 4 balls despite looking fantastic every other week of the year.  Breidas comically bad fumble (that one kind of offsets with the pats ST play in my mind). 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

OMG part of me wanted them to win just to see Brady lose his mind. HE HATES the Jets! 

Still can’t believe the jets lost that one lol that had a very tank-y feeling to it.  I still don’t know what the jets beating the titans and potentially bucs missing pretty much all their skill position guys really proves though.  That’s not a true upset in my mind.  I’m sure there’s some true upset examples this season but a lot of these odd losses have been Covid/injury related 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

17 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Lots of teams have those this year I think.  Houston and the Jets beat the Titans.  Houston almost (should have) beat NE, Jax beat Buffalo, Detroit/Arizona

The bottom line is that every player in this league is a peak athlete, well conditioned, and very competitive.  All the coaches are the best in the world as well.  So many games come down to a few feet, a call/non call, a bad bounce, etc. There are no easy games, and nothing should be taken for granted.

and one Never Knows what a HC is thinking  of on the last week of the season 

Some coaches in of the playoffs may cash it in and not give a 💩 about seeding 

Some coaches out of the playoffs may want to play Spoiler or just cash it in. 

Hmm

the NFL flexed the Bills to 4:15

the same time as the Pats***

what impact would have been seen 

had 1 played at 1?

I live in NE which makes this a little more intense for me.   Losing to BB will be a really crappy way to be one and done, the worst possible way.  Knocking them out will be a really high high for a wildcard round.  I think the Bills are the better team but that does not guarantee they will win.  Personally I will be pretty stressed going into it, but this is the fun of sports.

20 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Our wildcard opponent is pretty open. Could easily be a few different teams.

I prefer to face Oakland but it's the playoffs. Bring on anyone. 

Yes,

if the Bengals choose to sit Burrow & rest some starters because it’s very unlikely they can over take Tennessee for the #1 seed, this opens up the potential for a different outcome for B-Lo.  Burrow also had that injury @ the end of the Chiefs game, so they may want to protect him. 

22 minutes ago, Golden said:

Yes,

if the Bengals choose to sit Burrow & rest some starters because it’s very unlikely they can over take Tennessee for the #1 seed, this opens up the potential for a different outcome for B-Lo.  Burrow also had that injury @ the end of the Chiefs game, so they may want to protect him. 

Even more than that.

If Dolphins and Raiders win, Raiders are 5th seed.

If Dolphins and Chargers win, Colts are 5th seed if Colts beat Jacksonville.

Then there's more scenarios if the Bengals lose. 

Dolphins can definitely beat NE and Raiders can beat SD.

There's also scenario if the Chiefs get upset to the Broncos. You never know.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.