A Few Thoughts about the Cheatriots Game, in no particular order

Virgil

29 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

Great write up Virgil. Edmunds drives me crazy man, the dude consistently over purses and he can’t shed a block to save his life.  Flys around in that 5-15 yard range  and does a good job in pass defense but he has been a liability in the run game from day one. It seems like every single big run he’s out of position or getting blown up.  

Overall though, this was a wonderful cap to great Christmas weekend.  Happy holidays all!  Go Bills!

Leverage is his cryptonite for sure. At 6’5” it’s hard for him to win leverage battles against OL without great technique. He has to understand pad level going forward in order to win these matchups.

• Agree 1

Hoodie did the same after the wind game too.  He gave McD a perfunctory handshake, then made a bee-line for Allen and spent a fair amount of time talking to him.  It was cool to see him do it again.  He's old school, and I think he loves how JA plays the game.

I can't help but think that he must also imagine what he could do w/ the team he has & Allen behind center instead of Jones.

Great write-up, as always.  

• Like (+1) 2

Good stuff as usual Virgil.

My take is that something clicked during the halftime of that Bucs game and this team simply hasn't been the same since. Perhaps it was McD placing his foot repeatedly in certain spots. Perhaps it was the team knowing that they were better then they showed in that first half (embarrassed)and came out fighting and haven't stopped.

I'd like to think that Josh Allen took the pro bowl snub to heart...but then, he played lights out in the second half of that Bucs game too.  Allen is developing into a upper echelon superstar QB, like Montana, Rodgers. Took the check downs, throwaways, underneath routes. Took what the defense gave him...and gave that #1 Patriots defense all they could handle. 

Lil Dirty, what a game!

Interesting that Frazier his changed out of his "nickle" scheme to replace the DBs with some run stuffers. 

WHAT? Nobody talking about how the Bills need to replace the RBs, O linemen this week?

This game made my year so far and on par with Hoodie throwing the phone in last years game.

image.png

• Like (+1) 3

Awesome job as usual Virgil.  I remember Bill from NYC doing these during the drought and it was must read for cathartic reasons.  You are must read on the same level and it is greatly appreciated.

The thing about Allen and the McD Bills is the return of swagger.  During this game I wasn't positive they would ultimately win, but I was fairly confident they wouldn't grab defeat from the hands of victory.  If this had been any one of our unmemorable QB's from the past 18 years, on the final 4th quarter drive, they would have gotten to the 20 of the Patsy, QB would throw a pick, and the Patsys would run it back for the winning TD.

Here is to the here and now, Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Regarding #5... What is Trent Murphy up to these days. I'm half serious. Our defensive ends crashing down and not keeping contain on I think two consecutive running plays that broke for big yardage. Bring him in for the playoffs. You know we are going to play the Pats and/or Colts again in the playoffs at some point. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

8 - Holding - Jerry Hughes had a holding called in his favor.  That's all I think I need to say here.  In other news, Unicorns are real and wearing socks with sandals is cool again.

wait...what?? When was this NOT cool?

Edited by DD4Bills

12 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

Great write up Virgil. Edmunds drives me crazy man, the dude consistently over purses and he can’t shed a block to save his life.  Flys around in that 5-15 yard range  and does a good job in pass defense but he has been a liability in the run game from day one. It seems like every single big run he’s out of position or getting blown up.  

Overall though, this was a wonderful cap to great Christmas weekend.  Happy holidays all!  Go Bills!

Carrying that oversized Gucci bag around with him when he's trying to make a tackle is quite a burden. If I was dressing him I think I'd go with a small clutch bag that matched his spikes. Just sayin'. 

• Haha (+1) 2

What a fabulous game. Allen was near perfect, the line gave him time, the d line got some nice push, no major errors, and McKenzie/Motor … wow.  

Edmunds is a strange situation.

When he wraps around a ball carrier, it’s noticeable. They also tend not to run plays his way. He’s a presence. My eye just gravitates to him, as it seems he’s given a lot of space to cover and then …

he just disappears into the fray, like Homer Simpson into the bushes. I was thinking exactly same thing, he looks like he’s running straight into the blockers. More often than not, he also runs the opposite way the play is going to go.

Good physical skills, bad football instincts?

Despite the whining by so many posters, this is an elite defense. I agree, the Achilles’ heel is the run defense over committing. This has lead to some of the biggest runs against us all year.

Watching Allen play compared to Lil Mac is a treat after all these years. 

This team’s a force.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Let’s not forget that not only did refs pick up Hughes flag, but on same play they flagged NE with 15 yarder- holy ***** what are the odds for that parlay?  

Clearly, it was a resonance from bizarro world. Around Christmas, the porosity between dimensions of the multiverse is greater . . . 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.