Anyone live in Florida know any mildly affordable towns to move to?

JaCrispy

I’m in Atlanta and Greenville (SC).  My office works with a ton of leasing agents and realtors… 9/10 referrals are people moving down from NY & NJ.  

Florida is great.   DeSantis can’t be Governor forever, but since his election, the states voting demographics have gone from a registered Dem advantage to a registered R advantage, with Indy’s leaning heavy to the right.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/28/2021 at 4:17 PM, JaCrispy said:

I have never been, and an seriously looking to get out of NYS before sh!t hits the fan...any help would be appreciated...thanks! 👍

Ft. Myers is a decent town i lived there for 20+ yrs & still have friends there if you go t a older part of town you can still find decent priced homes you may have to do some work to them but it can be worth it .

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/8/2022 at 8:30 PM, Tiberius said:

Way too hot down there, yes, this time of year in WNY kind of stinks, but the rest of the year is great. 

I am sitting in shorts on my back porch slightly chilly right now, start of a nice day. It has not been too hot since about September, which for that part of the year we have pools. In Florida we have a temp range of 30-95 in NY you have a temp range of -20-85. I prefer a 65 range vs a 100 range. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am sitting in shorts on my back porch slightly chilly right now, start of a nice day. It has not been too hot since about September, which for that part of the year we have pools. In Florida we have a temp range of 30-95 in NY you have a temp range of -20-85. I prefer a 65 range vs a 100 range. 

I enjoy our weather here. These three months of late winter early spring are not the best, but I do not personally like the high heat. I get why it took the invention of the air conditioner to get people to want to live down there in large numbers. To each his own, though. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I enjoy our weather here. These three months of late winter early spring are not the best, but I do not personally like the high heat. I get why it took the invention of the air conditioner to get people to want to live down there in large numbers. To each his own, though. 

75 and sunny…again in SoCal today. 😎

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

We have a snow storm coming 😕

80 today and 90 next week.  I can see snow from my pool.  Cheers. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I'm busy organizing an anti-fur rally for the front of his house. Meat is Murder!!! 

But it’s a good kind of murder. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep! If we aren’t supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat? 

I made beef tacos yesterday but added some beans and broccoli in to up the fiber and nutrition content. I used spinach as a topping also. Yum 

15 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Yes. No lie, I own a beef farm. Own it! Not for long, but I do own land where cattle are fattened up for the slaughter house. 

The things you find out on a message board.  Why are you selling, and have you been personally involved in any of the activities represented in the scene below? 

21 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Surfs up!

You can’t surf in a pool.  Even I know this! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The things you find out on a message board.  Why are you selling, and have you been personally involved in any of the activities represented in the scene below? 

You can’t surf in a pool.  Even I know this! 

Lol, nope, nothing to do at all with the cattle. I just own the land now. I don’t want it, just want to sell. It’s in the rural south, not my kind of place. Was fun to visit, but don’t want to live there 

• Like (+1) 1