What is up with airline passengers? Another woman loses her mind on a flight and injures others.

BuffaloBill

What is up with airline passengers these days?

Women injures other passengers on a Delta flight.

There was a time, long ago I guess, when flying was considered a “classy” thing to do.  I guess it has worked its way down the social ladder to “classless.”

Yes, passengers who act this way are to blame. At the same time, airlines cram you into the tube. There is an element of you get what you set conditions for. I guess being herded like cattle on to the plane has prompted some to act like animals.

Two things.

First, since COVID the amount of business travel has cratered. Fewer business passengers means fewer folks that fly often and know what to expect/how to act. Fewer business passengers also means that demand is lower, sending prices lower for people who were formerly priced out of flying as a convenience (flying from Tampa to Atlanta is a convenience, it's maybe a 7 hour drive). 

Second, modernity generally has not done well in situations that used to be reserved for people with better manners. You can see this in the way people dress. The unspoken dress code for flying, at the absolute worst, used to be business casual. Now people fly in pajamas. Extrapolate this attitude to every facet of their lives/personalities. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't see why someone would feel entitled to harass a flight services employee and expect it not to be arrested. Common sense isn't common enough in our society. A bunch of self entitled spoiled angry bitter folks IMO...mentally ill yes very likely.

I do what Im told exactly when Im told and never have any issues..whata concept lol

m

44 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Entitlement and general stress.  Welcome to life in the 20's.  Cant ever tell someone they are wrong because truth isnt absolute and cant tell someone no because everyone "deserves the same as everyone else"   this is just the start.

That is especially true in schools here. 

Before COVID they had a program here called "No lunch shame" where when a kid did not have money for lunch they were given a meal which they were supposed to pay back which almost none did.  Cashiers were told they were not even supposed to ask them to repay when their negative balances were over $50.  Kids would take their lunch money and go in another line and spend it on snacks since all of the kids knew what to say.  My wife does not work at school with many poor students with only about 250 kids on free and reduced lunch program and many did not get lunches and were only on it to get free student parking (some with brand new cars) and free activity fees.

Now in COVID era USDA pays for all food for all kids no matter of income.  In my wife's school cafeteria (she is a high school kitchen manager) lunches went from 900 to 2000.  The problem is it only pays for food and money for salaries came from paying customers (not on free and reduced lunch program) and snacks.  USDA will not allow schools accepting the "free food" to sell snacks, power aid, soda, etc.  The kids have to get complete lunches and many do not want complete lunches so the kids have become "creative" with what they do not want such as sticking them in microwave until they burn or with bananas doing "art" with them in toilets.   Staff need to work twice as hard and because no money comes in school system will not use substitutes when people are out sick, on vacation or on disability.

2 hours ago, LeviF said:

Two things.

First, since COVID the amount of business travel has cratered. Fewer business passengers means fewer folks that fly often and know what to expect/how to act. Fewer business passengers also means that demand is lower, sending prices lower for people who were formerly priced out of flying as a convenience (flying from Tampa to Atlanta is a convenience, it's maybe a 7 hour drive). 

Second, modernity generally has not done well in situations that used to be reserved for people with better manners. You can see this in the way people dress. The unspoken dress code for flying, at the absolute worst, used to be business casual. Now people fly in pajamas. Extrapolate this attitude to every facet of their lives/personalities. 

Many people just act like pigs, period. I take that back, pigs may be better behaved.

People wearing pajamas out in public is just a sign that you have little self-of-steam (to borrow a boardism). I understand dressing casual, especially on a long flight. However, there are so many nice looking athletic casual options available now why dress like a slob?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

My first plane ride was Buffalo to NYC.  I was 8 and

wore a suit and tie.

Stewardess gave me a tie tack in the shape of the airplane and

a model plane to put together.

And the tickets were written in red ink, remember that ?

Buying flight insurance from a machine?  First flight was 1969; promptly never flew again until 2008.  The return flight from KDCA in DC was on a UAL Caravelle.

19 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

My first plane ride was Buffalo to NYC.  I was 8 and

wore a suit and tie.

Stewardess gave me a tie tack in the shape of the airplane and

a model plane to put together.

And the tickets were written in red ink, remember that ?

Sounds like you are old and ornery….. just like me…. :D 

We visited my sister in Denver, back in September 2021.  I saw something in the men's room at DEN that I will never forget.  Now let me share it with you.  Don't say you weren't warned.  I'm warning you now.  🙂

I have this oily skin, so I washed my hands and toweled off my head to keep the oil in check for a few hours.  And in the mirror, I see behind me, buttocks.  This guy has his pants around his ankles, and his arms are moving rapidly by his sides.  I was wearing a mask so nobody could see my dropped jaw.  But it was dropped, I assure you.

I made the mistake of looking in his direction before I exited the men's room.  His junk was full-on OUT, and he was soaping it up in the sink.  I think that King Missile wrote a song about this, but not 100% sure.

Edited by TheCockSportif
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

We visited my sister in Denver, back in September 2021.  I saw something in the men's room at DEN that I will never forget.  Now let me share it with you.  Don't say you weren't warned.  I'm warning you now.  🙂

I have this oily skin, so I washed my hands and toweled off my head to keep the oil in check for a few hours.  And in the mirror, I see behind me, buttocks.  This guy has his pants around his ankles, and his arms are moving rapidly by his sides.  I was wearing a mask so nobody could see my dropped jaw.  But it was dropped, I assure you.

I made the mistake of looking in his direction before I exited the men's room.  His junk was full-on OUT, and he was soaping it up in the sink.  I think that King Missile wrote a song about this, but not 100% sure.

Makes sense you see it based on Login alias.

11 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

Are you female? :D 

There is little depraved behavior yet to be discovered.  Can you image what the poor guys who are bathroom attendants have witnessed in their work? I’m sure a very disgusting book could be written. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.