Highmark Stadium Difference Between 100 and 300 Level Seats

Irv

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The hoi polloi now have their own monitors directly in front of them next to the heaters.   What's annoying, it's like a second slower than the play on the field in real time. It's 2021, can't they get the simulcast in perfect sync!  It's only 300 feet away! 😆 

We just moved and I’m not sure about this house, but in the old house the kitchen and family rooms TV’s were a couple seconds off. Not 20 feet away! Annoying as hell! The cable guy just shrugged, nothing he could do so I would mute the slower TV’s audio. 

My son was watching the Panther game from Florida and he was running about 45 seconds behind. I had to stop texting him! It reminded me of The Sting with Robert Redford and his horse racing scheme. Great movie. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Irv said:

I went to the Monday night game against the Pats.  Sat in the 300 level.  Froze my ass off but noticed pretty much the whole game you could sit and watch the game.  Went to Panthers game last Sunday and sat in the 100 level and pretty much had to stand to see the whole game.  Not entirely sure why.  Anybody have an idea?  Could this scenario be rectified in the new stadium?

I'm very sorry the fans in the 100 level forced you to be more physically engaged and upright. 

I would prefer that to being literally forced to remain seated throughout the MNF game, like I was in my lower 300 season seats, by the guy behind me who refuses to stand and gets irate when fans in front of him do, even for 3rd and 4th down defensive "stands." He can simply text security and complain if I stand (although admittedly he seems too dim to grasp that, so instead he flailed around looking for nearby security to flag down...because we stood to cheer and yell for big 3rd downs).

Football just ain't a relaxed, seated affair. Especially MNF against the division-leading team from NE. Why go if you want to remain seated and spectate passively? And especially if you're going to get all ruffled because the fans around you are passionate and want to help the team?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm very sorry the fans in the 100 level forced you to be more physically engaged and upright. 

I would prefer that to being literally forced to remain seated throughout the MNF game, like I was in my lower 300 season seats, by the guy behind me who refuses to stand and gets irate when fans in front of him do, even for 3rd and 4th down defensive "stands." He can simply text security and complain if I stand (although admittedly he seems too dim to grasp that, so instead he flailed around looking for nearby security to flag down...because we stood to cheer and yell for big 3rd downs).

Football just ain't a relaxed, seated affair. Especially MNF against the division-leading team from NE. Why go if you want to remain seated and spectate passively? And especially if you're going to get all ruffled because the fans around you are passionate and want to help the team?

Don’t stroke out dude.  Wasn’t complaining. Just commenting on what I saw.  You need to relax.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

53 minutes ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

The "I stand to show I'm a better fan than you!" brigade is easily triggered. 

The "I'm old and lame and hate passionate football fans" crowd is...old and lame.

And I'm in my 40s.

2 hours ago, Irv said:

Don’t stroke out dude.  Wasn’t complaining. Just commenting on what I saw.  You need to relax.  

Stroke out? The guy behind me upset about us standing on 3rd downs was close to it.

Just sip your tea and enjoy a nice, polite seated affair.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 12/22/2021 at 10:52 AM, tannins said:

Btw - I have these 3 seats available for the next two games - inbox me to avoid aftermarket fees if anyone is interested. 

I'd love to, but they've basically closed the border back up and it's not worth hundreds of dollars of PCR tests or whatever they're called just to get back into Canada.  Would have been nice to take my dad to a game for his birthday.

16 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Were these the ones debunked as basically stock image place holders?

On 12/22/2021 at 8:27 PM, PolishDave said:

Personally I don't care if they stand.   I get as rowdy as anyone around me.   I'm one of the guys yelling to make noise when our defense is on the field for first and second downs, not just third and fourth downs.

If the people in front of me would sit, I would sit too just out of courtesy to the people behind me.    (Except for big play situations like 3rd and long on defense or when the other team is in the red zone or something like that.)

I think "standing all game long" used to be a violation of game code conduct and you could be reported for it.    I don't see that advertised at the stadium anymore though.   In the section I used to sit, there were some older guys whining about it non-stop telling everyone around them to sit down.   They quit coming after a few years.   I don't know if they died or if they just got too old for that rowdy environment or maybe they paid up for club seats so they could keep their fannies warm in the winter.   Those old timers were constantly whining to the usher in that section.   The usher would ask the people to sit down.   That would last for maybe 15 minutes.

I think the Bills are generally happy to keep fans as excited as possible and would rather not dampen down anyone's energy by asking them to please sit down.   Seeing that Bills fans are as rowdy and energized as teenagers at a heavy metal concert, I don't see how anyone could expect them to sit quietly and just clap.   It's not like a freaking Neil Diamond concert for Pete's sake.

I think it is fair for the Bills to ask fans to sit down.

I get that it's a rowdy atmosphere and people are paying money to have fun, but there is nothing wrong with some basic rules to keep the experience on target.

As a fan said up a few posts, its common at a ball game to require people to remain back in the tunnel before returning to their seat, if a batter is batting.  

I know that to be a fact in every MLB park I've been into.

I do agree with some others that say its so far gone it may be hard to pull it back in now.  

I think it could be done, but it would be a challenge, and it wouldn't happen overnight.

28 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

As I previously stated, EVERYONE stands for big plays.

People who have no regard for who is sitting behind them, and stand for the entire game, are inconsiderate idiots....

I hear you, but as someone mentioned upthread, it’s sort of a domino effect really.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.