Beasley test positive

Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, HamptonBillsfan said:

Are you serious? 50 players tested positive for Covid Monday,most have been vaccinated. Games are being played with 3rd string QBs and 11 starters unavailable. Did you see the Browns play without their 1st and 2nd string QBs. NE has their top 3 receivers on Covid protocols. This is a problem league wide with protocols that are unworkable and will result in the competitive nature of the season being compromised. You're pointing your finger at 1 guy. More Bills will get Covid and it will be a war of attrition.

You can use social media but he can't? If he's not breaking team rules, he's fine.

4 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Are you serious? 50 players tested positive for Covid Monday,most have been vaccinated. Games are being played with 3rd string QBs and 11 starters unavailable. Did you see the Browns play without their 1st and 2nd string QBs. NE has their top 3 receivers on Covid protocols. This is a problem league wide with protocols that are unworkable and will result in the competitive nature of the season being compromised. You're pointing your finger at 1 guy. More Bills will get Covid and it will be a war of attrition.

The vaccinated players are eligible to return when they're asymptomatic, like Beasley claims to be.  And few are STILL publicly whining about the rules months later.  

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They don't just care about the virus spreading, they care about their players getting severely ill. That is why they are still testing symptomatic vaccinated players and randomly testing some asymptomatic vaccinated players. And as far as I know the other protocols designed to limit spreading are still there - all staff and players wearing masks indoors, limited interactions with the community, social distancing in the team cafeterias, etc. It is not a free for all for the vaccinated players.

lol. If they were worried about players becoming severly ill they would be doing everything to keep it from spreading. They dropped daily tests for 1 reason. They knew they could not have a season if every positive player had to sit out games. The new variant is so contagious that virtually everyone is positive in every locker room right now if a single guy is positive.

• Agree 1

Sucks ass. I tested positive this morning. Vaccinated and boosted and now I get to spend the holidays in isolation. Football game or not, it’s gonna hurt not being w family for the holidays, I know i feel like ***** so I feel for him.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Evian said:

What? Whether is spreads or to do with whether you are positive or not. If you are positive you can spread it. Period. Being vacinnated does nothing to stop the spread. The reason to get vaccinated is to protect yourself, nothing more.

There's a lot of data on this, and this isn't the place to discuss it, but vaccination is pretty well established to decrease spread to others in several ways:

1) less likely to be infected

2) more rapid decline in titer - shorter infectious period

3) less viable virus when infectious (may be neutralized by antibodies)

Whether this is still true with Omicron is yet to be established, since antibody neutralization of Omicron appears to be  lower in vaccinated (and previously infected) people.

1 minute ago, Codyny13 said:

Sucks ass. I tested positive this morning. Vaccinated and boosted and now I get to spend the holidays in isolation. Football game or not, it’s gonna hurt not being w family for the holidays, I know i feel like ***** so I feel for him.

Feel better soon

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

The vaccinated players are eligible to return when they're asymptomatic, like Beasley claims to be.

Beasley said in an Instagram that he was feeling fine "with mild symptoms." I think he was implying his symptoms were not bad enough to keep him physically from playing, which is very plausible. It does not mean he is symptom free or he would have said symptom free.

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Beasley said in an Instagram that he was feeling fine "with mild symptoms." I think he was implying his symptoms were not bad enough to keep him physically from playing, which is very plausible. It does not mean he is symptom free or he would have said symptom free.

Vaccinated players with symptoms aren't playing either.

Just now, Jauronimo said:

The vaccinated players are eligible to return when they're asymptomatic, like Beasley claims to be.

They need negative tests before practicing or playing.Why do you think all these games are rescheduled and the player's still aren't playing. You have a problem with Cole personally, get over it.

7 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

5 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

You can use social media but he can't? If he's not breaking team rules, he's fine.

Are you having a dissociative episode?

• Vomit 1

Sanders can play the slot, so can McKenzie. Not 5he same as having Beasley but at least we have adequate back ups. There's Not many places we have adequate back ups, so it could be much worse.

Davis - Sanders - Knox - Diggs ain't a bad foursome. If Singletary can play like a starting NFL back we should be OK. We have to play well in all three phases to win this one, We gotta be a good team. We do that, I think we win.

Any talk about OL yet? About Dawkins and Feliciano? IMHO, we need both. It's not like they are a great line all of a sudden, they need work together first, but it's still the best combo we have and they give us a chance I think. Maybe Allen feels more comfortable if Dawkins and Feliciano play? He should, I would. It's a lot better than what we ran last week for sure.

4 minutes ago, Evian said:

lol. If they were worried about players becoming severly ill they would be doing everything to keep it from spreading. They dropped daily tests for 1 reason. They knew they could not have a season if every positive player had to sit out games. The new variant is so contagious that virtually everyone is positive in every locker room right now if a single guy is positive.

youre not wrong at this point. nfl has an gneda. and thats to play its games. have its super bowl. fulfill its tv contracts and bring in its revenue 

Edited by balln
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

So we will definitely be missing 2 of our top 4 WRs and potentially our starting LT, which causes a change in starter at 3 OL positions. 

Fun!

I didn’t look for other responses because I’m lazy, so apologies if already addressed: 

This is a choice. They don’t NEED to uproot Brown and Williams. They could plug in the next man up at LT. This way you know you’re likely a liability at one position, instead of potentially 3. 

Just now, HamptonBillsfan said:

They need negative tests before practicing or playing.Why do you think all these games are rescheduled and the player's still aren't playing. You have a problem with Cole personally, get over it.

I have no personal problem with him.  I also don't hold him up to be an American hero for spamming twitter with a bunch of misinformation pulled from russian troll farms and the dregs of the internet and calling it research.

Were he vaccinated, he would have an opportunity to play.  He has no chance because of his choices and he's still blaming the rules.  

4 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Yes, because he's so precise with his language.  Particularly when it comes to medical terms and concepts.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Sanders can play the slot, so can McKenzie. Not 5he same as having Beasley but at least we have adequate back ups. There's Not many places we have adequate back ups, so it could be much worse.

Davis - Sanders - Knox - Diggs ain't a bad foursome. If Singletary can play like a starting NFL back we should be OK. We have to play well in all three phases to win this one, We gotta be a good team. We do that, I think we win.

Any talk about OL yet? About Dawkins and Feliciano? IMHO, we need both. It's not like they are a great line all of a sudden, they need work together first, but it's still the best combo we have and they give us a chance I think. Maybe Allen feels more comfortable if Dawkins and Feliciano play? He should, I would. It's a lot better than what we ran last week for sure.

tasker sounded pretty sure that dawkins would NOT be well enough to play today on radio

Edited by balln

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Feliciano was in the ER on Sunday morning.  Dawkins was messed up over the summer (and may be now).  I know people who have been on a ventilator.  This thing is no joke.  So, eff football.  I hope a guy who has kids and who works hard in his profession and generally does the right thing stays healthy and lives his life without impairment when this is done.  Everything else is secondary.  

I don't want anything bad to happen to him, but if he's not concerned, I'm not wasting anytime worrying about him.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Vaccinated players with symptoms aren't playing either.

Right, but he says that it is the rules stopping him from playing. Both can be true, some players (not just Beasley) would be willing to play with a sore throat and congestion for example. I mean, this guy played with a rib injury. His toughness is not in question. Other players feel the same. Fortunately the league does not set its policy based on that.

2 minutes ago, balln said:

tasker sounded pretty sure that dawkins would NOT be well enough to play today on radio

That is bad news. Both for Dawkins and the Bills. Seems like Dawkins may be more susceptible than average for a man of his age.

10 minutes ago, Evian said:

If they were worried about players becoming severly ill they would be doing everything to keep it from spreading.

Again, they have other protocols in place. It is basically the same protocols they had last year before there was a vaccine. The only way they can totally stop the spreading is by canceling the season.

2 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Right, but he says that it is the rules stopping him from playing. Both can be true, some players (not just Beasley) would be willing to play with a sore throat and congestion for example. I mean, this guy played with a rib injury. His toughness is not in question. Other players feel the same. Fortunately the league does not set its policy based on that.

That is bad news. Both for Dawkins and the Bills. Seems like Dawkins may be more susceptible than average for a man of his age.

yea its a bummer. theres some data on blood type have conferred some protection, but that was at the very beginning. not sure if its still true

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

The rules stopped Josh Gordon from playing like 7 consecutive seasons.  I don't get Beasley's point. 

He clearly knew the rules as he was outspoken about them all offseason.  He made a very public stand on the issue and now here we are.  Stick by your guns, Cole.  Don't blame the rules.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2