Urban Meyer Canned

Dablitzkrieg

25 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Seeing as how the Commissioner decides, and Meyer was caught doing several unethical things, including allegedly assaulting an employee, I bet you're wrong.

Why do you think the commissioner decides?  I’m pretty sure it would be decided by an arbitrator.

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Without seeing his employment K, it's pretty worthless arguing one way or the other.

That’s true, but in most employment agreements, termination with cause is a very high bar that probably would not be met here. But we don’t know all the facts, either…

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Why do you think the commissioner decides?  I’m pretty sure it would be decided by an arbitrator.

That’s true, but in most employment agreements, termination with cause is a very high bar that probably would not be met here. But we don’t know all the facts, either…

I think the Commissioner decides, because the NFL structure says that is what happens. It's what will happen. 100%. So it's highly unlikely he goes against the owners given the alleged evidence.

5 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I think the Commissioner decides, because the NFL structure says that is what happens. It's what will happen. 100%. So it's highly unlikely he goes against the owners given the alleged evidence.

You’re wrong. The commissioner does not decide contract disputes between teams and their coaches.

On 12/16/2021 at 12:03 AM, Doc Brown said:

He lasted as many games in the NFL as Bobby Petrino did.  This just hurts college head coaching candidates for NFL head coaching openings down the line.  

Apparently, you have to be like the Cardinals, only looking for college coaches who were fired after years of underachieving & failing to win!

Those are the guys who will miraculously turn it around in the NFL... as long as they get a franchise QB of course 😂

4 hours ago, mannc said:

You’re wrong. The commissioner does not decide contract disputes between teams and their coaches.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/16/if-urban-meyer-was-fired-for-cause-a-fight-over-his-remaining-pay-could-be-looming/

I'm not. I'm on a phone or I would go to the exact language that shows and paste it direct.

4 minutes ago, cle23 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/16/if-urban-meyer-was-fired-for-cause-a-fight-over-his-remaining-pay-could-be-looming/

I'm not. I'm on a phone or I would go to the exact language that shows and paste it direct.

I stand corrected.  

That’s probably why Gruden didn’t put up much of a fight…

8 hours ago, cle23 said:

Seeing as how the Commissioner decides, and Meyer was caught doing several unethical things, including allegedly assaulting an employee, I bet you're wrong.

Assaulting an employee? It's football... So any time a player shoves a coach or a player gets in a fight with another player is just cause to cut then and not pay?

To be honest I think the Jags let it go so long to document document document many work related issues in order to make their case... we'll see through. 

But the things reported like benching players or challenging your assistant coaches on their record calling them losers isn't just cause.  Meyer sitting at a bar off the clock in what is a poor look for him and his marriage also doesn't show any illegal or just cause behavior. What did he do to breach his contract?

To be honest the thing he did most that would most be behavior that would land him in hot water was cutting players due to vaccination status.

31 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Assaulting an employee? It's football... So any time a player shoves a coach or a player gets in a fight with another player is just cause to cut then and not pay?

To be honest I think the Jags let it go so long to document document document many work related issues in order to make their case... we'll see through. 

But the things reported like benching players or challenging your assistant coaches on their record calling them losers isn't just cause.  Meyer sitting at a bar off the clock in what is a poor look for him and his marriage also doesn't show any illegal or just cause behavior. What did he do to breach his contract?

To be honest the thing he did most that would most be behavior that would land him in hot water was cutting players due to vaccination status.

I understand it's football, but what I'm saying that is what they can use when it comes to firing him with cause.  He allegedly kicked an employee for not making kicks. It wasn't even in the "heat of the moment" or anything.  He just did it while they were stretching. 

Also, from the contract language I am seen tossed around, the bar situation could  be "with cause", the kicking situation, and possibly some of his other actions.  While not illegal, they could fall under the "representing the team poorly, or engaging in unethical behavior" which is the way the contract is written.  Again, it sounds like it'll be up to the Commissioner to decide.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:21 AM, Greg S said:

Forgot about Jimmy. It's been a while since he has been a HC.

Good point.

I can’t believe I forgot Harbaugh. He was an excellent coach for SF after incredible success at the University of San Diego and then Stanford. And he’s been good for U of M overall.

Edited by dave mcbride

On 12/17/2021 at 9:35 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

His daughter seems as crazy as Urban. Daughter Gigi Meyer took it upon herself to comment about “waging war” and “releasing the kraken in me” in a long rant she posted. 

Does this mean she's going to Seattle and demanding an NHL tryout?  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.