Where else would you rather be?

Success

Apologies for the vague title, and as everyone knows, I'm stealing from Levy - but right now, I'm loving where we are.

The over-hype in preseason and in September just didn't feel right.  Maybe I'm rationalizing, but I think this team plays better when they have something to prove.

In the AFC right now, the hype has completely switched over to the Patriots, and the Bills are an afterthought.  I saw Pats fans online last week - a lot of them - already celebrating the division title.  

Meanwhile, the Bills have the easiest remaining schedule, with 3 games at home against losing teams.  If the Pats DO want that division title, they have to earn it w/ wins away at a tough Colts team, at home against a Bills team that they needed 40 mph winds to beat, and then close the season in their house of horrors at Miami.  And no matter what happens, as long as the Bills can clinch a playoff berth, they'll go into the playoffs as a team that the league has written off as one of the "real" contenders. Even if we do win the division.

Of course it would be nice to have a 3 or 4 game lead in the division right now, and be watching mainly to find out who we'd play in the 2nd round game.  But this is fun, and will be much more sweet if they pull it off.  I think that not only can we make a big run, but that the circumstances are now more beneficial for us to do so.

• Like (+1) 2

You love where we are?!

I'd rather be sitting on the 1 seed, looking forward to that first week bye, and home field throughout the playoffs.

Getting that first week bye is HUGE in terms of odds of getting to the big dance (and winning).

• Like (+1) 4

Where else would you rather be? - Club Scandallo in Sao Paulo Brazil maybe. Because every man should be James Bond for at least one night. Best club on earth. Otherwise. I'd rather go back in time to the Bills draft room in April and hog-tie Beane to prevent him from wasting TWO draft picks on an edge rushers, and instead pick stout DT Chritian Barmore and even stouter OT Tevin Jenkins both picked 38th and 39th. Bills likely would have wrapped up the AFC 1 seed by now.. Instead we have Basham who's had zero impact, and Rouseau who I haven't heard his name mentioned since early October. Horrible.        

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Really?  You  could have named ANYBODY and thats who you settle for? An overated 56 year old?

I’ll be 64 in March, so yes!  And she can sing too.  I’ve been a fan of this team for about 48 years and that’s on it’s way of being overrated too.

I’m healthy at the moment but at this point I’m ready to submit resumes to the Bills for pall bearers so they can let me down just one last time.

• Like (+1) 2

I admire the optimism but back in October it looked like the Bills would have the division clinched by Thanksgiving. The fact that we are in this position is not good.

I still don’t think the Patriots are the best team in the AFC, but it’s gonna take a small miracle to overtake them in the division. The best we can hope for is just making the playoffs at this point. 

Also, five years ago I think we’d all love to be in this position fighting for a playoff spot but after last season I think we all expected to be a contender for the top seed. 

Edited by Lionel Hutz

11 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

I admire the optimism but back in October it looked like the Bills would have the division clinched by Thanksgiving. The fact that we are in this position is not good.

I still don’t think the Patriots are the best team in the AFC, but it’s gonna take a small miracle to overtake them in the division. The best we can hope for is just making the playoffs at this point. 

Also, five years ago I think we’d all love to be in this position fighting for a playoff spot but after last season I think we all expected to be a contender for the top seed. 

The Patriots aren't the best team but they are the best coached team.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.