Is this finally the year we make a big push for offense?

whorlnut

Let’s face it…McDs love affair with using high picks on defense has finally caught up with this offense. Here is what I wanna see:

1.  Sign a nasty vet guard in FA

2.  Use first round pick on a WR

3.  Use second rounder on a speedy RB

4.  Use a third rounder on another nasty guard

Is this finally the year McD sees the light and understands we have a dawg at qb and we need to give him the weapons to get the most out of his abilities?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Let’s face it…McDs love affair with using high picks on defense has finally caught up with this offense. Here is what I wanna see:

1.  Sign a nasty vet guard in FA

2.  Use first round pick on a WR

3.  Use second rounder on a speedy RB

4.  Use a third rounder on another nasty guard

Is this finally the year McD sees the light and understands we have a dawg at qb and we need to give him the weapons to get the most out of his abilities?

nope.  Bean and McD are making us into the Marvin Lewis Bengals.  Mediocracy is now success. 

• Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

I think a lot depends on Levi and Dane.  I could see us grabbing a cb in the first 3 rds if we let Levi go in FA because his price tag is too high and Dane play the rest of the season is underwhelming.

other than that: we need a legit 1 tech.  We will likely need another DE.  We might have to draft Tremaines replacement (but more than likely the following year).  

I really hope offense is the focus, but could see is putting band aids on the offensive wounds like we did this pas offseason.  Only so many resources to go around.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I think a lot depends on Levi and Dane.  I could see us grabbing a cb in the first 3 rds if we let Levi go in FA because his price tag is too high and Dane play the rest of the season is underwhelming.

other than that: we need a legit 1 tech.  We will likely need another DE.  We might have to draft Tremaines replacement (but more than likely the following year).  

I really hope offense is the focus, but could see is putting band aids on the offensive wounds like we did this pas offseason.  Only so many resources to go around.  

I just can’t see them getting another DE in the early rounds this year. For heavens sake they took three of them with their top 3 picks in the last two drafts. Good luck trying to justify another. 

Totally agree on DT. I could see one being taken somewhat early if we can’t get one in FA. 

This regime needs to not “patch” together another offense this off-season. The fans are tired of seeing that. The fans and especially Allen deserve top resources put into that side of the ball. Imagine what our qb could do with a good offensive line, a run game, and a speedy WR. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Go Buy me two OGs like Conner Williams and Brandon Schreff (I could settle with one OG Bought and the other Drafted)

after that Buy me a Center like Bradley Bozeman

From there you can do whatever you want in the draft.

Scherff would be a great get IMO. He’ll only be 30 and will likely wanna play on a winner. Plus he has to understand the need at the position. To me, he would be fit meets need. 

• Agree 1

If Dawkins can get it together next year, improving the interior O-line, getting an in-line Tight End, and a power RB should not break the bank and those positions are not usually taken in the top half of the 1st round. 

Improving the run game and short passing game is very do-able in an off-season.  Which is why our current predicament is so frustrating.  In defense of McBeane though, there’s really nothing you can do to compensate for bad Left Tackle play.  Doubt McBeane foresaw Dawkins gaining 30 pounds in the off-season then contracting Covid. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I just can’t see them getting another DE in the early rounds this year. For heavens sake they took three of them with their top 3 picks in the last two drafts. Good luck trying to justify another. 

Totally agree on DT. I could see one being taken somewhat early if we can’t get one in FA. 

This regime needs to not “patch” together another offense this off-season. The fans are tired of seeing that. The fans and especially Allen deserve top resources put into that side of the ball. Imagine what our qb could do with a good offensive line, a run game, and a speedy WR. 

Scherff would be a great get IMO. He’ll only be 30 and will likely wanna play on a winner. Plus he has to understand the need at the position. To me, he would be fit meets need. 

They don’t have to “justify” anything.  If they wanted to justify it, it’ll be easy.  Good chance we lose Addison, Jerry and Obada. Losing 3 rotational DEs creates holes.  Even if we lose 2, we’re going to need another.  McD loves his rotation on the DL.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

nope.  Bean and McD are making us into the Marvin Lewis Bengals.  Mediocracy is now success. 

10 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Unfortunately this is what I expect. 

How do we go from AFC Championship last year, to this loser mentality?

It's unbelievable. You guys expect Super Bowl every single year? 

Beane* and McDermott* turned us from a team that didn't make the playoffs in 20+ years to a team that makes it consistently AND wins.

Good LORD where did all these depressed, ungrateful fans come from?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Dawkins can get it together next year, improving the interior O-line, getting an in-line Tight End, and a power RB should not break the bank and those positions are not usually taken in the top half of the 1st round. 

Improving the run game and short passing game is very do-able in an off-season.  Which is why our current predicament is so frustrating.  In defense of McBeane though, there’s really nothing you can do to compensate for bad Left Tackle play.  Doubt McBeane foresaw Dawkins gaining 30 pounds in the off-season then contracting Covid. 

These are good points. It’s not beanes fault Dawkins, Williams, and Feliciano have struggled this year after looking good last year. It’s unfortunate. Luckily, we got brown so that takes some of the sting off. But he has work to do in fixing the line this off-season. 

9 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Agree.  I would go get both OGs.  Scherff and Conner Williams.  The room is very obtainable there are alot of simple restructures that could occur and free up. 30M in space

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Have to see how Tre heals from his injury. How long does it take to recover from a torn ACL? Will he be ready by training camp? Hopefully he can come back and be the same player. I am not saying the Bills go CB in round 1 but that is a position that could be a concern and need for an upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Have to see how Tre heals from his injury. How long does it take to recover from a torn ACL? Will he be ready by training camp? Hopefully he can come back and be the same player. I am not saying the Bills go CB in round 1 but that is a position that could be a concern and need for an upgrade.

We went nearly 20 years without making a splash at qb after Kelly. We tried to catch lightning in a bottle with late rounders and free agents. I don’t but that we will take corner early just because Tre went down. He’ll be back and Wallace and/or Jackson are decent 2’s.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

I just don’t see tres injury as a reason for it. It has everything to do with Levi and Dane.  Even Neal (if they bring him back or Cam Lewis).  If they are back and they have confidence in them, there’s no need for another corner, especially considering the other holes we have.  

if Levi is out the door or if Dane looks meh the rest of the year, I hope we draft one in the first 3 rds.

2 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I am hoping for something like this -

1 - DT (gotta take them early)

2 - G

3 - Speed WR

4 - G

5 - BPA

6 - BPA

7 - BPA

Not bad…but what about RB?  You can get a run stuffer in the mid rounds. Time to take too WRs instead of hoping a mid rounder will pan out. 

2 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I am hoping for something like this -

1 - DT (gotta take them early)

2 - G

3 - Speed WR

4 - G

5 - BPA

6 - BPA

7 - BPA

Give me that monster DT from GA that is said to be a late round 1 pick... Dude is a monster who takes on doubles and triples every play run or pass.  He isnt a Aaron Donald push the pocket DT, but he is a wall that they cant move backwards.  That would allow LBs to fly around and not have to dance by OL every play

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jordan-davis/omihIICY6n

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Go Buy me two OGs like Conner Williams and Brandon Schreff (I could settle with one OG Bought and the other Drafted)

after that Buy me a Center like Bradley Bozeman

From there you can do whatever you want in the draft.

I would suspect Schreff to get a very big payday...but Bozeman (already want to nickname him Boss Man) and Williams would be magnificent. Draft a 2nd guard and please also grab a competent OT as a swing T or if Dawkins doesn't bounce back. 

Just now, Gregthekeg said:

Give me that monster DT from GA that is said to be a late round 1 pick... Dude is a monster who takes on doubles and triples every play run or pass.  He isnt a Aaron Donald push the pocket DT, but he is a wall that they cant move backwards.  That would allow LBs to fly around and not have to dance by OL every play

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jordan-davis/omihIICY6n

I was just gonna say something about this. Imo, he would be the only one I wouldn’t throw a fit about. He’s built to be a huge difference maker in the run game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.