Josh Allen Complaints

george c

4 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

A few. That loss was mainly on play execution. The win was there to be taken. I'm salty about the usual BB genius crap immediately forthcoming from lazy commentators. Easily could have gone the other way. From a Bills' perspective, I can only hope there is a successful effort in the offseason to upgrade the oline significantly. Size at rb and wr wouldn't be bad either. 

I am too salty about all this talk of Bill Bellyache out coaching Coach Mcdermott.  the players blew this one not the coaches.  If Diggs catches that pass in the EZ and Brieda doesn't fumble and instead we get a FG with the wind, who out coached who?

I realize the coach is ultimately responsible, but the players have to do their part too.  Players were put in position to make the plays but flat out did not.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He’s paid like one. 

Is he now?  By my reckoning Allen is being paid fair market value for a young elite QB.  In fact in 5 years we'll all be marveling at what a bargain the Bills are getting with Allen.

But hey, if you think his contract demands that he play flawlessly all the time then start a thread arguing that we trade Allen and his big contact because Allen isn't playing great every game. My guess is that if Bean lost his mind and put Allen up for sale about 25 teams would trample each other in the rush to be first in line to pay his big contract AND give us a whole bunch of 1st & 2nd round picks to boot.

Of course this would be crazy and the Bills have ZERO intention of doing this but it seems this is what you guys are hinting at with your little jabs.

BTW, I was listening to Cowherd today and he had Cosell on.  This guy knows his stuff and when commenting on the Bills/Pats game he said something along the lines that Allen missed some throws but made a lot of great throws.  He said that had Diggs caught that TD pass he and Cowherd would be having a very different conversation. He noted that the Bills had serious issues on the O-line and in the running game and the only way their offense works is if Allen plays great ALL THE TIME. He then pointed out that very few QB's in the history of the NFL can be expected to play great all the time.

56 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Is he now?  By my reckoning Allen is being paid fair market value for a young elite QB.  In fact in 5 years we'll all be marveling at what a bargain the Bills are getting with Allen.

But hey, if you think his contract demands that he play flawlessly all the time then start a thread arguing that we trade Allen and his big contact because Allen isn't playing great every game. My guess is that if Bean lost his mind and put Allen up for sale about 25 teams would trample each other in the rush to be first in line to pay his big contract AND give us a whole bunch of 1st & 2nd round picks to boot.

Of course this would be crazy and the Bills have ZERO intention of doing this but it seems this is what you guys are hinting at with your little jabs.

BTW, I was listening to Cowherd today and he had Cosell on.  This guy knows his stuff and when commenting on the Bills/Pats game he said something along the lines that Allen missed some throws but made a lot of great throws.  He said that had Diggs caught that TD pass he and Cowherd would be having a very different conversation. He noted that the Bills had serious issues on the O-line and in the running game and the only way their offense works is if Allen plays great ALL THE TIME. He then pointed out that very few QB's in the history of the NFL can be expected to play great all the time.

In five years I sure hope we are marveling at a great deal instead of lamenting paying a Matt Stafford 2.0… it would be nice. 

id like to see him will the team to a win for a game or two this year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

In five years I sure hope we are marveling at a great deal instead of lamenting paying a Matt Stafford 2.0… it would be nice. 

Actually the story on Stafford is still being written in LA. 

And if Allen morphs into Stafford 2.0 it will be because the Bills have morphed into the Lions 2.0.  You know like the decision by McD & Beane to ignore the O-line and RB in favor of having 11 Defensive Linemen.  Now they get a pass for this year because they were taking a gamble which didn't pay off.  S### happens.  But if they keep making those types of decisions it will lead to us being the new Detroit Lions - a franchise with a great QB that can't win.

• Eyeroll 1

27 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And if Allen morphs into Stafford 2.0 it will be because the Bills have morphed into the Lions 2.0.  You know like the decision by McD & Beane to ignore the O-line and RB in favor of having 11 Defensive Linemen.  Now they get a pass for this year because they were taking a gamble which didn't pay off.  S### happens.  But if they keep making those types of decisions it will lead to us being the new Detroit Lions - a franchise with a great QB that can't win.

it’s the same line and RB as last year. Allen’s regressed significantly and owes us a helluva a late season run to live up to that 43 million dollars coming to him after not being able pull out a win in 4 close games now this season. 

You want to be paid like the second best player in the league, then play like it too.

It’s so Buffalo to set low expectations and be happy with it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

it’s the same line and RB as last year. Allen’s regressed significantly and owes us a helluva a late season run to live up to that 43 million dollars coming to him after not being able pull out a win in 4 close games now this season. 

You want to be paid like the second best player in the league, then play like it too.

It’s so Buffalo to set low expectations and be happy with it. 

Some people like this post love to just talk out of their A hole. Just post dumb stuff and sees what sticks

• Agree 1

Bellicheat wasn’t a genius. He ran the ball. Genius?

Josh played very good in that wind. 

Halftime coaches figured out Josh let loose AND we suck at running. 

Pre season. Bean pretty much ignored the OL/RB thinking we need to beat KC. 

pretty simple. Now we just have to ride out Josh advantage as best we can for 2021

On 12/8/2021 at 10:13 PM, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

His complaining may have helped lead to the (borderline) late hit they called on the Patriots later in the game. The announcers freaked out and said it was a bad call, but I thought it was a good one. Josh was clearly half a yard out of bounds by the time the defender initiated contact. Who knows if the refs call that or not without Josh complaining earlier.   

The dude that hit Josh had a foot on the sidelines when he made the hit. I think that's why that penalty was called. You can't hit a guy in the field of play (or out of bounds) when you are out of bounds.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/9/2021 at 7:28 AM, BobbyC81 said:

It cracks me up when he’s barking trying to get defenders to jump and they don’t.  Then he looks around like he doesn’t know what to do and they call a timeout.

I don’t know what it was about EJ Manuel but he was good at it.  

Yeah the only thing he was good at 😆

On 12/9/2021 at 7:45 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Allen's already done more than Stafford has in his whole career. They're not even on the same level.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/9/2021 at 8:10 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

Dude the Bills just made it to the AFCC game. And to my knowledge the season isn't over yet. Buffalo is the superior franchise compared to the Lions. Our defense is #1 so investing in the D-Line paid off. They will upgrade the O-Line next off-season the same way. 

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

True. But along this logic, Josh hasn’t ever made it to an nfc playoff game. 

but ok fine. Let’s hop he’s not just another Jared Goff. How does that work? 

By the sounds of it you’d be very happy to trade Josh at this point , so I guess the question is who would you go for instead and with what kind of deal (both in regards to trading Josh and bringing a new QB in)?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

By the sounds of it you’d be very happy to trade Josh at this point , so I guess the question is who would you go for instead and with what kind of deal (both in regards to trading Josh and bringing a new QB in)?

No I just want him to start living up to the mvp hype and be the second best player the in the NFL like he is paid to be. 

4 games this season he needed to put the team on his back and bring home the win with one scoring drive… and he is 0 for 4.

it’s really disappointing. Won’t you be disappointed if Last year may have been his peak?

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

No I just want him to start living up to the mvp hype and be the second best player the in the NFL like he is paid to be. 

4 games this season he needed to put the team on his back and bring home the win with one scoring drive… and he is 0 for 4.

it’s really disappointing. Won’t you be disappointed if Last year may have been his peak?

So you don't want to trade him but, by your comments, you don't think he's good enough?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Dude the Bills just made it to the AFCC game. And to my knowledge the season isn't over yet. Buffalo is the superior franchise compared to the Lions. Our defense is #1 so investing in the D-Line paid off. They will upgrade the O-Line next off-season the same way. 

I was replying to someone else here who called Allen the next Stafford. I was being sarcastic with that person. I agree 100% with you.  We are not ike the Lions and Allen is not like Stafford - he already has 2 playoff wins!

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

sweet! What were those things? 

Win 2 playoff games.  How many has Stafford won?

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/10/2021 at 12:38 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Case and point… 👆

kudos for self-awareness I suppose?

Naw not even close, not get out your feelings cause you always sound stupid in this fourm. You bring no value to the discussion what so ever

Edited by Protocal69

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.