NFL Cap Going to 208 Million

78thealltimegreat

12 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Who is Bradley?

You are correct Hughes, Addison, or both will be gone. Butler will be gone for sure. H. Phillips they can probably bring back on the cheap.  Not sure how they structured Williams contract but if he plays decently at guard down the stretch they probably bring him back so they have fewer holes to fill on the line. 

Meant Beasley.  Autocorrect has fun.

14 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Sign Quenton Nelson to the largest guard contract in history fully guaranteed and Force the Colts to match it

How will that help us?

Besides, the Colts already exercised the 5th year option. He's not going anywhere.

Edited by klos63

16 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not really good news for the Bills unless Beane can undo the mess he's created but pretty sure there's a lot of deals he can get out of quickly like Feliciano, Williams, etc.

Either way not sure they'll be enough cap room to address the all the holes this team has on both sides of the ball, particularly the trenches.

white teeth troll GIF

23 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Forgive me for any thread that might have been started as I didn’t see one. This seems like major good news for the Bills

The cap for next year has been agreed upon for some time now.

Spotract has been using that number for months.

Here are the numbers.  Bills have about $10M in space and only have 39 players signed (Addison and Sanders leftover numbers make 41).

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/

18 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Sign Quenton Nelson to the largest guard contract in history fully guaranteed and Force the Colts to match it

Revenge for their signing of Will Wolford back in the day?

Edited by K-9

I'm glad.

All teams were obviously hamstrung to some degree by the COVID year's impact on the cap, but....I feel the Bills, with where they were in their build and their "championship window", were particularly negatively affected.

Beane is a careful and meticulous planner, and I think this past offseason SHOULD have been the "cherry on top" free agency period, where they were able to bring in a few high end pieces to put them over the top. Instead, due to the unexpectedly lower cap, all they could afford to do was bring back their own and maintain the status quo. We are potentially seeing the results of that inability to bring in a few more pieces play out right now, where we are 7-4 but could, with a few more reinforcements, have been 9-2.

Alas, what's done is done. I'm glad things are normalizing, cap-wise.

What I know, as a fan and watching all of these teams play Cap Olympics, is that none of us know anything....it's going up, that's great. It barely held steady this year and Beane completed several extensions and signings of their own players, so I'm guessing he knows what he's doing....all that said, I trust in Beane. 

I do NOT understand the people who've so quickly forgotten what it was like to not have a true G.M. or an incompetent one. Beane won AP's Executive of the Year last year, and for good reason. It irks me that folks want instant results, with instant value, and instant change. All of those things take time and Beane showed in his third full year last year he's doing it right and it well. As for this year, it's too early to tell. He admittedly took two projects with tremendous upside in their talent in the first two rounds and we've seen flashes from both, but it's no secret it will take time to see it consistently. Patience and consistency are not "sexy" or worth getting all of the talking heads spitting their hot takes, but it does build good, winning football programs. Let's take a breath, recognize what Bills fans have in Beane and appreciate the work he and his scouts are doing while also acknowledging development takes some time. 

23 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not really good news for the Bills unless Beane can undo the mess he's created but pretty sure there's a lot of deals he can get out of quickly like Feliciano, Williams, etc.

Either way not sure they'll be enough cap room to address the all the holes this team has on both sides of the ball, particularly the trenches.

We should know well where the holes are in about 7 hours. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.