Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

4 hours ago, LeviF said:

US Intel has to be one of the best jobs out there. Better than TV meteorologist. Oh, our prediction didn't come true? That's BECAUSE we predicted it!

No I actually think it's more involved than that.  The administration predicted the invasion to be today and if it doesn't happen it's because the administration prevented it.  I guess this administration IS transparent.  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Almost BINGO day for you, huh? Isn't it great you still know the days of the week? We are so proud of you. 

I semi retired this year.  Earlier this week when Billsy was digging up all those posts about people bitching about left protests blocking traffic and replying "this aged well" I came real close to posting "don't you have anything better to do on a Saturday?"  It was Monday.  😂

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No I actually think it's more involved than that.  The administration predicted the invasion to be today and if it doesn't happen it's because the administration prevented it.  I guess this administration IS transparent.  :rolleyes:

Our government has devolved into pure and basic comedy.  Today Sullivan revealed the intelligence community has verified proof that Hedley Lamar and his gang of louts and wranglers will be attacking Rockridge at sundown today.  Sheriff Bart responded by stated he doesn't see any sign of an imminent attack. 

18 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Our government has devolved into pure and basic comedy.  Today Sullivan revealed the intelligence community has verified proof that Hedley Lamar and his gang of louts and wranglers will be attacking Rockridge at sundown today.  Sheriff Bart responded by stated he doesn't see any sign of an imminent attack. 

They’ll come a whompin’ and a whoopin’!

• Haha (+1) 1

(CNN)Trevor Reed, an American who has been detained in Russia for more than two years, says he is coughing up blood and has not received medical care after prolonged exposure to tuberculosis in Russian prison, according to the US Embassy in Moscow.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/16/politics/trevor-reed-sick-medical-care/index.html

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They’ll come a whompin’ and a whoopin’!

Luckily President Biden and his senior advisors remember the fake toll booth ploy.  The Russians will need a crap load of dimes to get all their troops over the border.  And given they use Rubles they'll need to convert their currency to dollars and then get change denominated in 10 cent increments which will cause an even bigger delay in the attack plans!  If successful this tactic will be deployed to all NATO countries as the first line of defense.   

White House Press is reporting that an alien invasion this weekend is imminent.  They believe the attack will begin with massive city sized space craft hovering over every major city in the world in a first strike capacity.  Followed up by a full on land invasion.  Hash tag diplomacy will continue....

Will Smith Food GIF

Actually Will, we aren't sure President CDC has said we can do that yet.  

KYIV, Ukraine — Ukraine and Russian-backed separatists accused each other Thursday of violating a cease-fire in the eastern part of the country, a potential flash point in what Western officials say are Russian preparations for a possible attack by growing forces massed near Ukraine’s borders.

In Moscow, the Russian government ordered the expulsion of the U.S. Embassy’s second-ranking diplomat, Deputy Chief of Mission Bart Gorman, the State Department confirmed Thursday. No reason was immediately given for the expulsion of Gorman, whom a department spokesperson described in a statement as “a key member of the Embassy’s senior leadership team.” The statement called the move “unprovoked” and “an escalatory step” and said the United States is “considering our response.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/17/ukraine-russia-putin-nato-munich/

Putin's thugs shelled a kindergarten 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

KYIV, Ukraine — Ukraine and Russian-backed separatists accused each other Thursday of violating a cease-fire in the eastern part of the country, a potential flash point in what Western officials say are Russian preparations for a possible attack by growing forces massed near Ukraine’s borders.

In Moscow, the Russian government ordered the expulsion of the U.S. Embassy’s second-ranking diplomat, Deputy Chief of Mission Bart Gorman, the State Department confirmed Thursday. No reason was immediately given for the expulsion of Gorman, whom a department spokesperson described in a statement as “a key member of the Embassy’s senior leadership team.” The statement called the move “unprovoked” and “an escalatory step” and said the United States is “considering our response.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/17/ukraine-russia-putin-nato-munich/

Putin's thugs shelled a kindergarten 

I thought the Biden Administration got Putin to blink. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What really irks me is people who know what Biden is going to say about Ukraine on a daily basis can make a killing day trading right now if they get ahead of it. 

Outside of 401k funds which I don't mess with too much, playing the TQQQ and SQQQ, SSO and SDS.  Plus holding long oil and gas sector since Jan 2021 and built a sizable position in Precious Metals shares and funds.   Plus a few biotechs.   

Its pretty predictable.  Today the prediction is "very high" risk of an invasion at any time.  Market down today, nothing happens, market up tomorrow.  But about 1/2 of the day's gain sells off before the close as traders hedge the chance of something happening over the weekend.  When nothing happens over the weekend a Monday morning rally.  Sometime, on Monday Trade Joe makes another prediction of Russian invasion any second.  Then an afternoon fade into the close.

That's my current playbook for the next couple days. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What really irks me is people who know what Biden is going to say about Ukraine on a daily basis can make a killing day trading right now if they get ahead of it. 

That's what irks you? How about the Ukrainians that will be killed? Or the ones that will end up in Putin's gulag?