Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

"Every indication that we have is that they are prepared to go into Ukraine, attack Ukraine," President Biden told reporters as he left the White House on Thursday.

This message will be repeated every day until something does or doesn't happen. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, when a KGB led army surrounds a country is that all surprising? 

Are you actually complaining about that? 

I wonder what the analysts in the U.S. intelligence services, State Department, and the Pentagon that genuinely understand the motivations and objectives of Russia think of all this drama?  

And... I'm not complaining about anything but rather wondering how foreign policy objective began to be driven by the answers from The Magic 8-Ball?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

9 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I wonder what the analysts in the U.S. intelligence services, State Department, and the Pentagon that genuinely understand the motivations and objectives of Russia think of all this drama?  

And... I'm not complaining about anything but rather wondering how foreign policy objective began to be driven by the answers from The Magic 8-Ball?

What makes you make that outrageous claim? 

Sounds like Putin's murder machine is ready to start 

Russia on Thursday made public a written response to U.S. proposals submitted Jan. 26 regarding Moscow’s demands on halting NATO expansion. “In the absence of the readiness of the American side to agree on firm, legally binding guarantees of ensuring our security by the United States and its allies, Russia will be forced to respond, including through the implementation of military-technical measures,” it said.

Just now, Chef Jim said:

If Russia does invade and go to war against the Ukraine I'll ask you how stupid you think I am.  

That will sure show me! 

Now go read up on what happened at Munich in 1938. 

That's all for you 

UK prime minister accuses Russia of "false flag" operation on school as pretext to invade Ukraine

From CNN's Amy Cassidy

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Thursday accused Russia of fabricating a pretext to invade Ukraine by attacking a kindergarten in Donbas. 

Video and images confirmed by CNN show that a school in the Ukrainian-controlled territory was hit by a shell Thursday. 

“We know [this] was a false flag operation designed to discredit the Ukrainians, designed to create a pretext, a spurious provocation for Russian action,” Johnson told reporters.  “We fear very much that that is the kind of thing we'll see more of over the next few days.”Both Ukrainian armed forces and separatists controlling parts of eastern Ukraine said there has been renewed shelling in the region. He reiterated that that the UK will apply heavy economic sanctions on Russia should it invade Ukraine, but continued: “I do think there is still time for the Putin regime to step back.”

The Ukrainian military reported 29 cease-fire violations up and down the border before noon, the vast majority of them with weapons that violate previous agreements. But officials singled out shelling of the kindergarten building near the self-proclaimed Luhansk territory as particularly shocking.

A howitzer shell blew a hole through one wall, sending bricks, toys and soccer balls scattered across. One impact crater landed near a play area. In all, 32 artillery rounds landed in the village, the statement said, which disrupted electricity for half of the population.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

What makes you make that outrageous claim? 

Sounds like Putin's murder machine is ready to start 

Russia on Thursday made public a written response to U.S. proposals submitted Jan. 26 regarding Moscow’s demands on halting NATO expansion. “In the absence of the readiness of the American side to agree on firm, legally binding guarantees of ensuring our security by the United States and its allies, Russia will be forced to respond, including through the implementation of military-technical measures,” it said.

You should be addressing that question to our secretary of State.  Blinken was at the UN Security Council leveling charges that a false flag attack is about to be launched.  All as is customary without providing one piece of evidence.  We're in WMD territory now.  What's next?  Stories of babies being torn from hospital incubators?  Its an embarrassment.  And it merely reinforces the growing realization of Biden's incapacity to lead the west, much less America.  Watch as allies distance themselves from this train wreck.  Even the Ukrainians will be looking for a mutually beneficial negotiated exit from this mess.  

• Like (+1) 1