Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

17 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I'm about a 6 hour drive from Ukraine now, getting most of my news from Polish sources.   This may be common knowledge but man Putin has got to be embarrassed.  Young soldiers who were told they were going on an exercise, running out of fuel, having to steal food because their MREs are too old.  Heard today some Russian soldiers may be damaging their own gear to not fight.

I find a lot of the news coming out to be pretty difficult to believe. It seems most of the news we are seeing is coming from extremely pro-Ukrainian sources, so I’m taking most of it with a giant grain of salt. Some of it is just too hard to believe, like the reports of Russian soldiers sabotaging their tanks so they don’t have to fight.

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I find a lot of the news coming out to be pretty difficult to believe. It seems most of the news we are seeing is coming from extremely pro-Ukrainian sources, so I’m taking most of it with a giant grain of salt. Some of it is just too hard to believe, like the reports of Russian soldiers sabotaging their tanks so they don’t have to fight.

I agree but there's zero way to spin that Putin isn't a gigantic POS.  Some outlets siding with him are just nuts.  Poles hate Putin (not much love for Ukrainians either though they're helping them) so literally all the news I've seen lately is pro Ukraine.   But I mean if you're showing the actual current footage you're bound to come off that way.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I didn't hear it was tank but the transport vehicles. Which made sense because that convoy wasn't moving. But ya it could just be bull. 

here is a late night TV parody piece regarding SWIFT and the Ukranian invasion. There are times when laughter is needed trust me Im NOT taking any of this lightly. But I'll post it anyway-m

• Haha (+1) 1

"China and Russia have been strengthening their economic, diplomatic and military ties for years. Mr. Xi and Mr. Putin met 37 times as national leaders before their latest conclave in Beijing. The ambitious joint statement that the two nations issued during that meeting alarmed American and European officials, especially because it was the first time China had explicitly sided with Russia on issues concerning NATO and European security. European leaders have denounced China and Russia since then.

Representative Mike Gallagher, Republican of Wisconsin and a member of the House Intelligence Committee, said he was not familiar with the intelligence on discussions between Russia and China over Ukraine, but Beijing’s support of Moscow was clear.

“The Chinese support all of Putin’s narrative to blame the West for provoking Russia,” Mr. Gallagher said. “I see no change in the Chinese views on Russia. They remain in a de facto alliance against the West at this point.”

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Rubio doing his best to rally the Russian people

Naked Gun Panic GIF

Katie Pavlich is 100% correct.  McFaul is ghoulish with that tweet.  

Edited by SCBills

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Katie Pavlich is 100% correct.  McFaul is ghoulish with that tweet.  

Is it real? 

——

Germans seize a $600 million dollar yacht of a Russian oligarch. It had a crew of 96

My $1500 sailboat works for me! 

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Is it real? 

——

Germans seize a $600 million dollar yacht of a Russian oligarch. It had a crew of 96

My $1500 sailboat works for me! 

Yup.  McFaul left it up for a few hours and then deleted it.  

I tend to agree with this assessment, which is why all these “made for tv” reports are infuriating.   Talking to us like we’re all morons… 

Oh, 5,000 Russian troops have been killed!?

Wow, 2 transport planes, 30 helicopters, and 80 fighter jets have been downed by the ghost of Kyiv!?

Whoa, hundreds of tanks destroyed by javelins!?

Haha, Russian troops are so dumb.. lolz  

Yikes, Putin is going crazy in the head!

Hooray, Russian troops are puncturing their own gas tanks.  

These are supposedly the gatekeepers of truth telling us all this nonsense.  

It’s not a game.  It’s not a movie.  And pushing nonstop propaganda comes with a price.  

And the Daily Mail may be wrong too, or wrong on some points.. but this seems to match what actual official reporting from non-sensationalized tv experts and correspondents are saying, and seeing on the ground.  

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I tend to agree with this assessment, which is why all these “made for tv” reports are infuriating.   Talking to us like we’re all morons… 

Oh, 5,000 Russian troops have been killed!?

Wow, 2 transport planes, 30 helicopters, and 80 fighter jets have been downed by the ghost of Kyiv!?

Whoa, hundreds of tanks destroyed by javelins!?

Haha, Russian troops are so dumb.. lolz  

Yikes, Putin is going crazy in the head!

Hooray, Russian troops are puncturing their own gas tanks.  

These are supposedly the gatekeepers of truth telling us all this nonsense.  

It’s not a game.  It’s not a movie.  And pushing nonstop propaganda comes with a price.  

And the Daily Mail may be wrong too, or wrong on some points.. but this seems to match what actual official reporting from non-sensationalized tv experts and correspondents are saying, and seeing on the ground.  

Putin may not be ‘crazy’ but he is a sociopath that doesn’t value human life and a corrupt propagandist that seems to have lost tactical restraint. 

I don’t believe any competent military intelligence organization or the leaders consuming their analysis are disillusioned.

I hope MSM and the UN for that matter take ownership of all the lives their rah rah cheerleading routine will cost having these poor civilians believe they can resist the invasion of the Russian army or that anyone who’s going to help them. 

the smart ones got out. 

the lesson is never trust your government, let alone another countries government to have your best interest in mind. 

• Thank you (+1) 1