New England Fans: New Excuses for Cheating (YouTube Edition)

Thriftygamer83

-Every team Cheats (Richard Farrelly Pr cop out line, yes that Farrelly in league with John Connolly, James "Whitey" Bulger, and Kevin Weeks)

-They literally never cheated

-Punishments should not have been made public

-Kraft never cheated on Myra

-Simple Shem should focus on how Jew's are treated in Russia (Ziehm is the family name used to be Shem they went that deep) and not discuss American football

-Keeping Hernandez closeted kept his head in the game (Farrelly and Kraft kept his boyfriend silent)

Win or lose I hold my head high knowingly they'll always be a ketchup stained team.  As a Boston sportswriter told me it'll always be there and the fan base will be completely toxic to defend it.  No matter what's done on the field New England will never be able to even begin to cleanse itself of.  Every title and accolade comes with that.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Hmmm. You mention "YouTube Edition", but no link to said YouTube video. 

That would help. 

YouTube or Twitter take your pick and you can basically see every other form of excuse mill being used.  

1 hour ago, boater said:

Me thinks Thrifty has been nipping at the bottle. Or CBD gummys.

If I had any I would've be here and instead would be blowing crap up in Fallout 4.... another settlement can go f*ck itself. 

On 11/28/2021 at 9:10 PM, Southern_Bills said:

Who cares? Beat them and you really don't have to worry about them.

When people hate you, it means you are winning.

Truly the dumbest rationale. Common though. You act as if cheating can’t be examined on its own. Sometimes people and groups cheat, and yes, other people hate them for it. It’s not all baseless.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BassToMouth said:

Truly the dumbest rationale. Common though. You act as if cheating can’t be examined on its own. Sometimes people and groups cheat, and yes, other people hate them for it. It’s not all baseless.

Thank you even if we've disagreed in the past.  Cheaters never truthfully win and being from Maine I played under the old man Coach Mynahan of Lisbon.  As a Giants fan he could never bring himself to ever respect New England for what they had done.  The cheating, homophobia, league management protections, and connections were just absurd and disgusting.  My Pop whose a fan and from Buffalo said every team employs a Farrelly, we did (carry over from Ralph), and when the Pegula's took over we discharged him for sexually abusive and intimidating conduct.  Now, we've even got a Coach who caught them cheating and gave their video guys the business and they were grilled by law enforcement for trying to do walk throughs how sad and inexcuseable is New England?  

23 hours ago, BassToMouth said:

I get what your saying, but worrying about a professional sports team cheating is silly. When money and fame is to be had, everyone is cheating, just to different degrees.

Sure we call it "getting an edge" or whatever is clever. No team is completely clean, so yes I do think it's a huge waste of time worrying about the successful cheaters.

I'm sure I'll be told plenty of teams don't cheat and play by the book 100% of the time...and I'm the ignorant one.

Has there ever been a "Pats cheating" post on this board that hasn't been downvoted by some "Bills fan"? 

Weird. Nothing gets some fans out and about like defending the Pats or reminding Bills fans that we are not and never will be good enough. 

Stockholm syndrome? Fake fans? Addiction to suffering? "Realists"? Haha 

27 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I get what your saying, but worrying about a professional sports team cheating is silly. When money and fame is to be had, everyone is cheating, just to different degrees.

Sure we call it "getting an edge" or whatever is clever. No team is completely clean, so yes I do think it's a huge waste of time worrying about the successful cheaters.

I'm sure I'll be told plenty of teams don't cheat and play by the book 100% of the time...and I'm the ignorant one.

You actually make a fair point. I’m in both camps I guess. If one wants to discuss cheating in a vacuum, I think that’s fine and totally fair. If it consumes someone and they can’t get over the cheating Patriots etc then that’s definitely a waste of time. In the grand scheme of things I agree with you fully, but if we’re engaging in discussion on this particular topic, then whether it’s ultimately a waste of time as viewed within the scope you’re taking this is an unfair tactic imo. Basically a totally different argument on how much sports should factor into what’s important in somebody’s life.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Thank you even if we've disagreed in the past.  Cheaters never truthfully win and being from Maine I played under the old man Coach Mynahan of Lisbon.  As a Giants fan he could never bring himself to ever respect New England for what they had done.  The cheating, homophobia, league management protections, and connections were just absurd and disgusting.  My Pop whose a fan and from Buffalo said every team employs a Farrelly, we did (carry over from Ralph), and when the Pegula's took over we discharged him for sexually abusive and intimidating conduct.  Now, we've even got a Coach who caught them cheating and gave their video guys the business and they were grilled by law enforcement for trying to do walk throughs how sad and inexcuseable is New England?  

Building on my post to someone else, if we’re viewing this organizational and systemic cheating by the Pats on it’s own, I think everything you’re saying is on point here. 

The question becomes should we just ignore cheating in pro sports and similar because it’s just not ultimately important in life? One could argue it’s critical to address these things because it plays a role in how our society functions. Every time we decide to sweep something under the rug, society gets a little bit dirtier. 

19 minutes ago, BassToMouth said:

You actually make a fair point. I’m in both camps I guess. If one wants to discuss cheating in a vacuum, I think that’s fine and totally fair. If it consumes someone and they can’t get over the cheating Patriots etc then that’s definitely a waste of time. In the grand scheme of things I agree with you fully, but if we’re engaging in discussion on this particular topic, then whether it’s ultimately a waste of time as viewed within the scope you’re taking this is an unfair tactic imo. Basically a totally different argument on how much sports should factor into what’s important in somebody’s life.

Yeah, a specific instance I suppose is worth a discussion. I still maintain all teams cheat though, so it is only relevant in discussing how/how badly they cheated. 

Not even a question its not that important to anyone's life besides if your involved directly. Just at a point you know every team is guilty of something, we only focus on the ones who were wildly successful with their tactics, as they are at the top. (Not true about NE this very moment, but they were at the top so long people still treat them that way)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.