Excluding JA, predict which player will have the biggest impact - Bills at Saints

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

For me it has to be on defense and well past time for a guy like Epensa, Groot, Basham or Obada to assert themselves.

And any chance this team has of turning things around in the coming weeks hinges on getting these guys as much playing time as possible and it's almost a no brainer that useless bums like Addison and Butler need to go the way of Trent Murphy.

Useless bums? These players are still human beings, you know. 

5 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

I believe we can turn this thing around and it starts tomorrow night. Not saying it will be easy, but if we can pull it together and beat the Saints and Pats to get to 8-4, the last few weeks could feel like a distant memory.

There are two players that have been going through my head, one on offense and one on defense.

The Saints passing defense isn’t good so this is a game where Diggs could have a big impact. Hopefully JA will get the ball to him early and often. He’s been heating up as of late as he has 5 TDs in the past five games (he only had 1 TD in the first five games).

On defense, with Star most likely out, it’s imperative for someone to step up and be a factor against their rushing attack. When their backs (or backup QB Hill) get past the DL  (which is likely with Star possibly out again) it’s important for the LBs to limit the yards to 3-4 yard gains instead of many runs turning into 10-12 yard gains. The LB that keeps coming to my mind is Tremaine Edmunds.

I’m gonna go with Edmunds over Diggs, because if we can limit the big run plays, I don’t see the Saints having much of a chance in this game.

Who ya got, Mafia?

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you. Hope it’s filled with great family and/or friend memories along with a Bills victory to get our team back on track.

I think Diggs #1 and i am expecting a break out game from Matt Breida,  that is a fast track and i expect Sean to get him more opportunities.  Look for him to break a long one or two Thursday.

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

For me it has to be on defense and well past time for a guy like Epensa, Groot, Basham or Obada to assert themselves.

And any chance this team has of turning things around in the coming weeks hinges on getting these guys as much playing time as possible and it's almost a no brainer that useless bums like Addison and Butler need to go the way of Trent Murphy.

Addison has had some good games...albeit last weekend wasn't one of them.  But I totally agree with you on Butler.  He serves no purpose other than taking up a roster spot and cap space.

10 hours ago, Reader said:

Ford 😭

But in seriousness, going with Breida assuming Daboll actually calls run plays.

10 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Matt Brieda.  Gets 10 plus touches.  Has a big game.  Buffalo wins. 

8 hours ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Hopefully RB Matt Breida, it would be nice to see

I like your guys’ thoughts.

It would be great if he could give us a spark in the running game. It would also be cool to get him out in space to see if his speed can make a difference.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Ramczyk out.  Rousseau needs to make his presence felt.

That’d be great, especially against Siemian. He’d buckle under the pressure.

To your point, with many Saints out, hopefully many of our players make their presence felt.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KoalaLangdon said:

Matt Milano will be pissed about what happened last week to the defense and I think because he’s such a key part of our defense he’ll lead the charge.

Hey koala.

I noticed you picked a linebacker. The player I picked was Tremaine. With star being out, we really do need to have our linebackers limit the yards so 3 to 4 yard gains don’t turn into 10 to 12 yard gains.

So, here’s to our linebackers having a great game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.