Jason Garrett fired in NJ

Virgil

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Jones is such a weird player. Sometimes he makes these amazing plays and throws where you think he’s got a shot, then he gets flustered and throws an awful INT. There’s some early JA in him (although not nearly as talented). But in year 3, these should be few and far between. 

I think he will be like Derek Carr. Too good to replace, too bad to win anything

This draft looks more like Geno and EJ

I’m sorry but Danny cannot carry Derek’s jock. And Derek is an extremely average QB.

In DJ’s last 24 starts, he has 27 TD’s 17 picks and 17 fumbles. You cannot win football games with that.

Derek Carr is just on the edge of “good enough.” DJ is not. He may be a bottom 5 QB.

Garret part of the revolving door of coaches that will emerge elsewhere. But he's a nice guy company man. Living down state I watch the Giants a lot and Garrett wasn't one inch more creative here then he was in Dallas, where he did have a lot of weapons. Maybe Giants should hire Daboll  🙂. I'm hoping Brian D noticed as its a reminder that OCs do get fired.  Gettleman probably paying the price too at the years conclusion. Judge? Another Belichek guy who is proving to be in over his head. Awful clock management, managing of time outs, and conservative as hell.

Heard a great interview on Russo's show a month or so ago with an NFL insider discussing the Giants: A classic example of what can happen to a family business by it's 3rd generation of owners. First Generation builds the business, 2nd takes it over  and continues building as they were there along the way as biz was built. 3RD Gen comes in having everything handed to them, never experiencing the pain of failure. They hire friends and family, are slow to hold people accountable and the business sinks into mediocrity. Giants have been awful in evaluating talent.

Edited by Olliemets
edit

On 11/23/2021 at 9:18 PM, Augie said:

What’s worse? Getting fired? Or living in New Jersey? 

I kid, I kid (mostly), there are some surprisingly beautiful parts of NJ. 

It’s just not my cup of tea for a variety of reasons. 

Getting replaced by Freddie "I'm in the" Kitchens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.