We are the 2020 dolphins...

Hebert19

1.  Turnovers have made us look better than we are.   

2.  Without the turnovers the offense would be middle of the pack.  

3.  Turnovers have come against bad teams where we blow them out thus making the D numbers look better than they are.  

4.   Can't beat good teams. 

Let's hope we can avoid their reality check at the end of this year or next.  We have josh and they don't which can keep us going but in general Turnovers can't be the only way you win games.  Force punts and score TDs on long drives.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

So I guess Kansas City doesn’t count as a good team since they were struggling at the time lol. 

i mean, that makes sense to me.  now that the Chiefs are playing well, do you think the Bills would beat them?

• Agree 4

The Bills are much better than the 2020 Dolphins.  In a league of mediocrity the Bills actually could win a Super Bowl if they somehow put their A game together for a run. The problem is the Bills are not a well run team.  They are more a bunch of good pieces that are not working well together.  The Bills are the most undisciplined team in the NFL. They lead the NFL in penalties per game.  They play with no urgency.  It is almost like they think this is the preseason.  This comes from the coaching staff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This team is not playing well but is seriously talented, the 2020 Phins played well but lacked talent. Of those two it is better to be the talented team if you want a championship. Right now of champions they remind me of the 2008 Giants who were 9-7 in the regular season with some dreadful games. I hope we end the same way.

Yeah I said this in another thread but the Bills clearly believe their own press clipping about how statistically dominant the O & D are.  Beating up on terrible teams and losing to average ones is who this team is, and no amount of analytics changes that.

This is a soft team, both mentally and physically.   Josh is a gifted QB with some skill around him, but an OL that is built for abject failure

We'll see how they do next year after Beane drafts a tweener high motor DE in 1st and 2nd rounds, maybe he'll see fit to address the dismal OL but im not holding my  breath.  Maybe another slow RB.   As good as Beane and McD have been for the Bills, they don't seem to be able to adjust to changing realities.

27 minutes ago, Process said:

Except that whole we have a top 5 QB in the league thing.

This is beyond dumb.

Josh hasnt been playing like a top 5 QB in 2 months.  Again, living off the fat of a couple big victories against bottom dwelling teams.  What he does against peer or near peer competition is how he should be judged, and with that, i think maybe middle of the pack to #10 or so

5 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah I said this in another thread but the Bills clearly believe their own press clipping about how statistically dominant the O & D are.  Beating up on terrible teams and losing to average ones is who this team is, and no amount of analytics changes that.

This is a soft team, both mentally and physically.   Josh is a gifted QB with some skill around him, but an OL that is built for abject failure

We'll see how they do next year after Beane drafts a tweener high motor DE in 1st and 2nd rounds, maybe he'll see fit to address the dismal OL but im not holding my  breath.  Maybe another slow RB.   As good as Beane and McD have been for the Bills, they don't seem to be able to adjust to changing realities.

Josh hasnt been playing like a top 5 QB in 2 months.  Again, living off the fat of a couple big victories against bottom dwelling teams.  What he does against peer or near peer competition is how he should be judged, and with that, i think maybe middle of the pack to #10 or so

He has by far the worst supporting cast and worst coaching of any of top QBs. McBeane failed him and this team.

At this point I'd trade the players with the current Dolphins defensive and offensive lines straight up. Include the Dolphins D coordinator as well. Bills D has a glass jaw, has for a long time. They aren't mentally or physically tough. They just beat up on bottom feeders, with very bad QB's. Bills D will likely T-off on the Saints 3rd string QB, and eek out a win, then get trampled by the Pats (Twice). Pats rookie QB will likely only have to throw about 12 passes each game.  Get ready for another decade of Pats dominance.       

6 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

At this point I'd trade the players with the current Dolphins defensive and offensive lines straight up. Include the Dolphins D coordinator as well. Bills D has a glass jaw, has for a long time. They aren't mentally or physically tough. They just beat up on bottom feeders, with very bad QB's. Bills D will likely T-off on the Saints 3rd string QB, and eek out a win, then get trampled by the Pats (Twice). Pats rookie QB will likely only have to throw about 12 passes each game.  Get ready for another decade of Pats dominance.       

The only thing that 50 years of watching football in general, and the Bills specifically, is that outside of a few years of the glory era, i can usually tell by mid 2nd quarter if the Bills are going to be in a game or not.  This particular team is very easy to tell.  If they let up a long drive early in the game, the fight goes right out of them and almost inevitably will go 3 and out on the next drive, and give up another long drive.  At least in the glory era, you knew that JK would make a game of it almost no matter what.  Josh is amazing, but he's one man. Nobody else on this team has any fight.

What im saying is, this team has made it a lot easier to walk away during a game since they aren't built to play from behind.  We'll know pretty quick on Thursday if it's going to go down like yesterday, in which case i can mute the TV and visit with family instead of wasting time on a bunch of effette overpaid losers

58 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Lamar jackson won an MVP in 2019 and 20 of his 36 TD passes came in 5 games against NYJ, Hou, Miami, cleveland, and cincy.  

Coordinators and players need to adjust to how they're defended, it takes time.  But at the end of the day the awards and "top 5" status are just based on stats and record, not on the numbers you put up in specific games.

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

1.  Turnovers have made us look better than we are.   

2.  Without the turnovers the offense would be middle of the pack.  

3.  Turnovers have come against bad teams where we blow them out thus making the D numbers look better than they are.  

4.   Can't beat good teams. 

Let's hope we can avoid their reality check at the end of this year or next.  We have josh and they don't which can keep us going but in general Turnovers can't be the only way you win games.  Force punts and score TDs on long drives.  

This isn’t the best comparison Josh Allen is one of the best players in football at the most important position in football…the teams problem is the same as last year no offensive balance and all the resources the Bills put in the front 7 on d and they just haven’t produced 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.