Most unbearable part of Jacksonville loss

WyoAZBillfan

5 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

Nobody accuses Bills fans of being fair weather fans.

Like it or not, many “fans” are exactly that going off name recognition, which itself is funny considering how many Priceline QB17 a bust before first season was over. 
a true Bills fan has been there, done that. Going to stick regardless. It’s a different game now days.

9 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

Nobody accuses Bills fans of being fair weather fans.

I think you are seeing some band wagon fans who jumped on this year being loud outspoken and uninformed critics. I saw it at the game on Sunday. I barely go on the game day thread because I make myself anxious enough. Ha
End of day we are a great fan base. Sure we get a little caught up in the moment. We are a family. We will be critical of our own, but we also will be there to pick them up when down. We don’t tolerate others tearing down our team. 
Never forget we are the fan base who cheered on our field goal kicker at the parade after the Super Bowl loss. 
Perspective happens for most fans at some point and then they can relax more during the game/season and enjoy the ride. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MJS said:

I agree. This week convinced me that Bills fans aren't actually the best fans in the league. I think Bills fans are just too damaged from the Superbowl losses and the drought. They can't let a moment of misery escape them. They compound every negative thing and make it 10 times worse in their minds.

The ones that travel to Florida are pretty awful. Miami games are the same way.

Anyone present at the Thursday night game a few years back with Orton would know what I’m talking about.

I’ve been pretty hesitant to attend since.

Edited by Governor

Maybe not the most heartbreaking, I lived through those, this was possible the worst loss in franchise history.  The most maddening or inexcusable at very least.

Some including me have talked about taking a break from NFL games as they have become horrible to watch.  The officiating, injuries, and reviews make it unwatchable anymore.  Last nights game perfect example.  The NFL product is deteriorating, they need to fix it and soon.

I do agree a lot of Bills fans live on the extremes of timid abused fan from past experiences, all the way to caring way to much.  Polarized group we are for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MJS said:

I agree. This week convinced me that Bills fans aren't actually the best fans in the league. I think Bills fans are just too damaged from the Superbowl losses and the drought. They can't let a moment of misery escape them. They compound every negative thing and make it 10 times worse in their minds.

“They?” Thanks for spending time on another fanbase’s site. We’ll welcome you to the fold one day. 

• Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, MJS said:

JMO, but I don't think it's necessarily the "damaged" true long time fans that "compound every negative thing".

I think the last 2 years success brought us a lot of "good time Charlies"

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

JMO, but I don't think it's necessarily the "damaged" true long time fans that "compound every negative thing".

I think the last 2 years success brought us a lot of "good time Charlies"

I will add that there are also some "fans" that seem to primarily show up (or in some cases become much more prominent) after losses

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I will add that there are also some "fans" that seem to primarily show up (or in some cases become much more prominent) after losses

Indubitably

2 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Some including me have talked about taking a break from NFL games as they have become horrible to watch.  The officiating, injuries, and reviews make it unwatchable anymore.  Last nights game perfect example.  The NFL product is deteriorating, they need to fix it and soon.

This is true and count me in that number.

The NFL has always had controversies over reffing, but the quality and quantity of the calls and their influence on the game has, to my impression, increased exponentially in a way that makes it very frustrating to watch.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, MJS said:

I'll do it right now. Bills fans are fair weather fans. Not that they will stop watching or going to games, but they are quick to give up on the team and extremely slow to trust the team.

That would include you, correct? Or are you the special one out of the whole bunch?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.