I hate to say it … but the Pats are coming

dave mcbride

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Just being realistic, I don't see the Pats losing on Thur therefore they will take the division by default until at least Sunday.

Bills win they obviously jump back into first place but if they lose again not unrealistic to assume they lose grip on the division lead for good this season given the Pats current upward trajectory and lingering questions still out there about the Bills and who exactly they are. And if they lose to the Colts on Sunday there are no more lingering questions and we will know they are frauds once and for all.

oh my!  this is exactly the nonsense  you pulled last year.  just switch the pats with miami.  attention needed!

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is a homer take at best, outside of QB/WR/Secondary I don't believe we are better at any position and in most cases the Pats are markedly better across the board.

Also one major advantage still being overlooked is HC where they hold a distinct advantage and it's not even remotely close and this why I don't like our chances in two high stakes games in December where Belichik's teams have proven to be near invincible in years past.

Edmunds + Milano w/ a very versatile Klein as depth is an elite level lineup.

Matt Milano is playing way above his contract. Guy just continues to make clutch plays and big hits continuously. He's always around the ball. He's just as good as a Judon or Van Noy. Retaining him (along w/ the Taron Johnson contract) was the smartest move this off-season. 

It can go either way. It's a wash. Yes, I'm a Bills fan so I'll give a slight edge to our guys.

26 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Just being realistic, I don't see the Pats losing on Thur therefore they will take the division by default until at least Sunday.

Bills win they obviously jump back into first place but if they lose again not unrealistic to assume they lose grip on the division lead for good this season given the Pats current upward trajectory and lingering questions still out there about the Bills and who exactly they are. And if they lose to the Colts on Sunday there are no more lingering questions and we will know they are frauds once and for all.

Realistic huh?  You said this same nonsense about both the Pats AND Miami last year.  Let me guess... you got some high level business meetings to attend now.  Seriously... doesn't this ever get old for you?

Edited by Scott7975
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, teef said:

oh my!  this is exactly the nonsense  you pulled last year.  just switch the pats with miami.  attention needed!

Really this is news to me because I wasn't participating in these forums last year or any Bills forum for that matter.

Also again, what is nonsense exactly? Critical thinking? Realistic takes?

Sure maybe I'll be wrong about how things shake out but I base my perception on reality and not living in a fantasy land where people think this team is somehow locked into getting to and winning a SB this year with no history of past success to indicate this an expected outcome vs a team like the Patriots where it very much is.

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Realistic huh?  You said this same nonsense about both the Pats AND Miami last year.  Let me guess... you got some high level business meetings to attend now.  Seriously... doesn't this ever get old for you?

See same response to the other guy.....you have me confused with somebody else.

40 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

First, you literally said "Every one of the Patriots wins was against an above .500 team"

Second both Cleveland and Carolina are garbage pretenders.  You act if they are serious contenders.  They are not.  You played the Browns in the same state as you are saying about the Falcons... injure riddled.  The Chargers was a good win even though I think they are figured out.

You don't give us credit for KC why?  You are going to say the team is/was having issues right?  So are the Browns and Carolina.  

I know who the Bills are.  They are a team that made the AFCC game last season.  They are a team still in the running for that.  In their wins they have blown out every team.  In their losses it was a one score come down to the wire game.

As I said earlier.  None of it matters. Teams play who they play.  You act as if the Pats have played some gauntlet and the Bills have played the Jets every week.  Couldn't be further from the truth.  Its been pretty equal no matter how you try to spin it.  Come back on Bills-Pats game day and talk this trash.  We play the Colts this week.  You play Atlanta this week.

HighFootballIQ is my guess.

Wait so the browns missing Chubb is injury riddled?  They were also at full health on their D which failed to stop the Pats O all game. 

Ok let’s look at schedule for first nine weeks:

Pats:

Miami, Jets (2X), NO, TB, Dallas, Carolina, Chargers, Browns, Texans

Bills

Pitt, Miami (2X), KC, TN, Jets, Jags, WSH.

Now me saying the Pats have faced the meat of their schedule and the Bills haven’t is wrong how? Maybe stop looking for insults to your team and realize the tough part your schedule is still to come.

13 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Really this is news to me because I wasn't participating in these forums last year or any Bills forum for that matter.

Sure maybe I'll be wrong about how things shake out but I base my perception on reality and not living in a fantasy land where people think this team is somehow locked into getting to and winning a SB this year with no history of past success to indicate this an expected outcome vs a team like the Patriots where it very much is.

no...we don't have you confused at all.  do you really need this?  it's ok if you do.  i'm entertained.  just more of a question.

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Sure you weren't.  You were a Bills fan all your life and you just happened to stumble across this board this year right?

Nobody thinks this team is locked into getting to and winning a SB this year.  No team is.  Save it.  Everyone on this board knows what a "realistic" fan is.

57 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is a homer take at best, outside of QB/WR/Secondary I don't believe we are better at any position and in most cases the Pats are markedly better across the board.

Also one major advantage still being overlooked is HC where they hold a distinct advantage and it's not even remotely close and this why I don't like our chances in two high stakes games in December where Belichik's teams have proven to be near invincible in years past.

One of those positions is the Trump (god did I just say that) card......can you tell which one it is?

30 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wait so the browns missing Chubb is injury riddled?  They were also at full health on their D which failed to stop the Pats O all game. 

Ok let’s look at schedule for first nine weeks:

Pats:

Miami, Jets (2X), NO, TB, Dallas, Carolina, Chargers, Browns, Texans

Bills

Pitt, Miami (2X), KC, TN, Jets, Jags, WSH.

Now me saying the Pats have faced the meat of their schedule and the Bills haven’t is wrong how? Maybe stop looking for insults to your team and realize the tough part your schedule is still to come.

Their offense runs through Chubb.  Baker has been banged up.  Garret and Clowney didn't practice all week banged up.  Landry and their center were both banged up. And again... the Browns are not that good.

No you are trying to portray the Pats as having run some gauntlet of a schedule because they beat the Browns, Panthers, and Chargers.  While saying the Bills haven't played anybody.  Thats what you are trying to feed us.  Its crap.  Relatively...Playing KC is the same as playing the Chargers.  Playing TN is the same as playing Dallas.  Playing Pitts is the same as playing Carolina.  Miami, Jets, Jags, Wash, Texans.  Those games don't matter.  Ill give you TB.  Tough game but is there really anybody better to play against them than the coach that practically made that team?  

Ill say it again... who we played doesn't matter.  Who the Pats played doesn't matter.  It doesn't indicate how they will play against each other.  It doesn't indicate how the rest of the season will play out.  You are on some kind of mission here to prove that Pats are better because of who each team played and in reality they have played about the same quality teams with the exception of maybe one team.

Let me add... remember where you are when you write this crap.  You're on a Buffalo Bills message board.  We are Bills homers and Pats haters(I don't mean this literally as I don't hate the Pats.)  Sure we can discuss football but keep your homerism out of it. And sure there may be some Bills fans that are doom and gloom but...  Go be a homer on your own forums.  I don't need to hear from a Pats fan how great the Pats are and how bad the Bills are in my own house.

Edited by Scott7975

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

One of those positions is the Trump (god did I just say that) card......can you tell which one it is?

There's no debate that Allen is the better QB at present based on body of work, but if we can lose to washed Big Ben and Laurence why can't we lose to Mac Jones?

Bigger issue here is that Jones team and head coach are significantly better than the aforementioned opponents we already lost to.

Also as I pointed out yesterday, as good as Allen was against a hapless Jets team, PFF also graded out Mac Jones exactly the same against a much better Browns squad which is somewhat telling and the advanced metrics seem to jive with the theory that Jones has already transitioned from a 'game manager' type to an elite player just 10 games into his rookie season.

• Eyeroll 1

On 11/8/2021 at 7:45 AM, Pete said:

Patriots are winning the division.  The rest of NFL has Bills figured out.  Stop Josh and the passing game.  We have no RBs or Oline to beat that.  Right now, Im guessing Bills have losing record over back 8

And yet we are still the favorites to win the SB , but hey maybe you know more then all the experts combined 

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

There's no debate that Allen is the better QB at present based on body of work, but if we can lose to washed Big Ben and Laurence why can't we lose to Mac Jones?

Bigger issue here is that Jones team and head coach are significantly better than the aforementioned opponents we already lost to.

Also as I pointed out yesterday, as good as Allen was against a hapless Jets team, PFF also graded out Mac Jones exactly the same against a much better Browns squad which is somewhat telling and the advanced metrics seem to jive with the theory that Jones has already transitioned from a 'game manager' type to an elite player just 10 games into his rookie season.

The browns are literally starting to lose games that they shouldnt......I am not sure if you are noticing that or not

Cant explain the jags game.....just cant.....good teams lose to bad teams it has happened several times this year

Do you really think that the bills are going to take the pats lightly......do you really think that could possibly happen?

Also time to start putting some some respect next to McDermott's resume.   He has developed a very good win vs loss record now..

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/8/2021 at 7:43 AM, dave mcbride said:

From Peter King’s column this morning: ‘One coach told me over the weekend he thinks the Patriots are better than the Bills. “Excellent, deep defense,” he said, “and Mac Jones is every bit as good as Joe Burrow.” Interesting. The Pats are a half-game behind Buffalo, but there’s one important standings factor to remember: Buffalo hasn’t played the Jets yet, and New England has finished with the Jets. Jones has been terrific, quickly. Bills-Pats, twice in 21 days in December, should be fun.’

I have a very bad feeling about this Pats team, which like the Bills has an elite defense. But they have an offense is far more effectively multiple than the Bills. And Mac Jones is for real. The evidence is in: he is already a pretty good QB and arguably even a good one (with no qualifications). Also, to counter King, the Bills are finished with Miami, who are just as bad as the Jets (who have least beat a couple of winning teams). I know Miami beat them in week one, but NE was the better team in that game and should have won except for an inexplicable fumble (they could have kneeled at that point).

Sorry I stopped reading after the part that Mac Jones is every bit as good as Joe Burrow  , 

lets see if Mac Jones can win a game against good defense because I haven’t seen it yet , 

9 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Whose thumping their chest?  I think it just spiraled out of control.

I originally said I know what my Pats are because of who they have faced. (They have faced two top 3 O’s and 2 Top 10 D)That is a good team with the potential be great in the near future.

I then said we don’t know who Buffalo is because they haven’t faced a truly rough stretch yet. Now tough means teams they are facing not losses.. Hell even in a loss if the team looked good and it was just bad luck can tell you something. (For example the AZ game last year.)

I have said all year the Pats are a fringe playoff team and the Bills should be SB contenders.  That could change depending on these next 4 weeks where the Bills face playoff contenders.. Bills could be who we thought they were or prove us wrong in which case the Pats would be AFCE champs again. 

now are you saying the Bills have truly been tested by any true metal of the league in regards to Offense? They have faced a tough D in Pitt but that’s it.. 

I was on the MJ bandwagon all off-season and was pretty upset that the Pats picked him up. He's playing as well as I pretty much expected him to be. His accuracy and quick release has translated to the NFL pretty well SO FAR. With that said...he has not faced a defense like Bills yet. There's no way the Patriots come into Buffalo at home and win that game. None whatsoever, not with a rookie QB and you can quote me on this afterwards. I have a small hunch that we will split w/ u guys on the 2nd game only bc Buffalo sometimes likes to play down to the competition for some reason.

I'm having serious deja vu from last year w/ the Dolphins. 

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I was on the MJ bandwagon all off-season and was pretty upset that the Pats picked him up. He's playing as well as I pretty much expected him to be. His accuracy and quick release has translated to the NFL pretty well SO FAR. With that said...he has not faced a defense like Bills yet. There's no way the Patriots come into Buffalo at home and win that game. None whatsoever, not with a rookie QB and you can quote me on this afterwards. I have a small hunch that we will split w/ u guys on the 2nd game only bc Buffalo sometimes likes to play down to the competition for some reason.

I'm having serious deja vu from last year w/ the Dolphins. 

I watch quite a bit of Patriots football.

Against the Browns, Jones had more time in the pocket than I've probably seen this season, for any QB & team.  He had the real luxury of time. It made me envious, because Allen never gets that. If Allen had that kind of protection, he'd be setting records.

There have been other games that NE had where protection broke down. Not surprisingly, Jones wasn't as good when that happened.  He was actually pretty bad.

Just about any QB can look good behind a good line.  Not taking anything away from Jones, since he has been good for a rookie - but that was what NFL scouts expected him to be.  He was the most ready to step in and start, but low upside.  I haven't seen much to change that.  The hype is over the top - it wouldn't be like that if he didn't play for NE (only if he played for the Cowboys & was doing the same).

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Sorry I stopped reading after the part that Mac Jones is every bit as good as Joe Burrow  , 

lets see if Mac Jones can win a game against good defense because I haven’t seen it yet , 

Mac Jones is on pace to set the rookie record for completion percentage, and over the last month has been graded out as one of the best QB's in the league.

Also Panthers are #2 ranked defense behind the Bills and Browns #5 overall, he beat both those teams handily.

Again, I think a lot of fans are in for a rude awakening when Jones and the Pats come into Buffalo and move the ball up and down the field with little resistance and show why he's a completely different animal than the likes of Mike White/Davis Mills/etc.

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Mac Jones is on pace to set the rookie record for completion percentage, and over the last month has been graded out as one of the best QB's in the league.

Also Panthers are #2 ranked defense behind the Bills and Browns #5 overall, he beat both those teams handily.

Again, I think a lot of fans are in for a rude awakening when Jones and the Pats come into Buffalo and move the ball up and down the field with little resistance and show why he's a completely different animal than the likes of Mike White/Davis Mills/etc.

Kind of a stretch.  Mac has been a game manager - a very accurate game manager, but they put him in that position. It's excellent coaching, but the idea that he's going to move up and down the field w/ "little resistance" is wild speculation.  Not really based on anything.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.