I loved this loss

quinnearlysghost88

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

After reveling in Miami fans whining about us running up the score and then mid-week talk of what quarter were going to put Trubisky in this week, everyone needed to be brought back to earth. They were turning into the fans we claim to hate. 

Not a fan of that myself. But I would rather sort through those threads than the ones that overwhelm this board after a loss. It is the only time I don't enjoy coming to this board to read and discuss the Bills. It seems any constructive evaluation of the game and the team just gets drowned out...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Not a fan of that myself. But I would rather sort through those threads than the ones that overwhelm this board after a loss. It is the only time I don't enjoy coming to this board to read and discuss the Bills. It seems any constructive evaluation of the game and the team just gets drowned out...

As fans there is nothing we can do anyway.

We can come up with a thousand solutions and it won't matter.

Like Marv once said " when you start listening to the fans you will soon be sitting with them " 

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes we should be miserable thinking our team sucks rather than ecstatic that our team should have been super bowl contenders.

yeah I guess at least now we can put to rest those delusions of grandeur 

what games left on the schedule are winnable with this team, as currently constituted?  Serious question.  13.5 point faves over the jets?  That’s. A lot of field goals!

17 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

After reveling in Miami fans whining about us running up the score and then mid-week talk of what quarter were going to put Trubisky in this week, everyone needed to be brought back to earth. They were turning into the fans we claim to hate. 

Unfortunately the table-jumpers never lived through the real pain of just desserts. These guys are 25 and think that 17 year drought was all there is. Try sleeping after losing a Super Bowl on a field goal. Try thinking about going to work the next day and facing friends who you may have been slightly arrogant with about your team maybe winning.

But that's the Maf...

23 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

running up the score in Miami?  It was 3-3 at the half and the Bills outscored the Fins by 8 points in the 4th Q.   They barely covered.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

No, it's not.

It is.  If opposing teams are getting to Allen on 75% of plays rushing 4 and dropping 7 I don’t see us scoring much at all going forward.   By all means though tell us who the Bills match up well against that’s left on our schedule 

the good news for us fans is that if the Bills lay another turd next week against the jets then we know the gig is up and we can get back to arguing about which high motor DEs we can’t overdraft next year

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Unfortunately the table-jumpers never lived through the real pain of just desserts. These guys are 25 and think that 17 year drought was all there is. Try sleeping after losing a Super Bowl on a field goal. Try thinking about going to work the next day and facing friends who you may have been slightly arrogant with about your team maybe winning.

But that's the Maf...

I hear you.  I called in sick after each Super Bowl loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

It is.  If opposing teams are getting to Allen on 75% of plays rushing 4 and dropping 7 I don’t see us scoring much at all going forward.   By all means though tell us who the Bills match up well against that’s left on our schedule 

the good news for us fans is that if the Bills lay another turd next week against the jets then we know the gig is up and we can get back to arguing about which high motor DEs we can’t overdraft next year

It isn't. Honestly, I never really understand people like you. It is as if the Bills haven't played any other games this year other than the one yesterday. All analyses of the team revolve around one game. They scored an average of 35 pts per game the previous six games. They scored 6 yesterday and, because of that one game, your view is that you don't see them scoring much at all for the rest of the year?  I understand being frustrated, but to believe that - and to suggest the Bills, as the team is "currently constituted" do not have any winnable games left on their schedule is beyond ridiculous. 

• Agree 1

The Bills are going as far as Allen can take them.   Allen needed a wake up call.   He got it.   Now go back to the formula that worked last year.   Throw the ball to Diggs 10 times a game.  Yes, it would be nice if the OLINE blocked for the guy...but Allen is not getting the ball to Diggs nearly enough.   Every other receiver is a complimentary to Allen/Diggs 

No problem with the loss. Yeah is sucks, but a win in this game might not have given the team a good look inside.
Sometimes, a close reveal of your weaknesses, mental or physical,  is better now than in the playoffs.

There is a lot of bad here that won’t wash out.

‘McBeane, position coaches, Josh, everyone gets to take a solid look in the mirror, and under the hood, and a chance to fix it. 

The major issue now? Can they put the mental hurt and insecurity behind them, and overcome a lack of confidence going forward. Good teams can, bad teams cave in. 

Edited by george c

1 hour ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I hear you loud and clear and no matter how good we are, we should never take an opposing team lightly.  With all being said, I SUFFERED long enough 40+ years, we deserve one in our life time.  I hate every loss  and fact the rest of the AFC with the exception of the Raiders and Bengals won, that didn't help either. 

After struggling for the first half against Miami, I thought that would've been a wake-up call.

Living with the Tennessee loss over the by week should have been a wake-up call.

How many wake-up calls does this team need?

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

I hear you.  I called in sick after each Super Bowl loss. 

There were some bad Kelly era losses too. This happens. Forces unseen & untold.

The other thing that these young'uns have watched is all these New England years where they rarely had a bad loss. There are reasons that happened that way too. We know a few of those reasons (a bunch of others were burned by Goodell).

I didn't really think we had a chance at losing this game, but then again, I also wouldn't have gone out boasting this was a pushover game either.

Of course, when the only reason a person is a Bills fan is to get drunk and jump through a table, I guess maybe there's not much crow to get eaten...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.