11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Not harsh the reality. Yes it would have been a long FG. So let me ask you do you trust Bass with a 56 yard FG?

No, but there's a difference between saying Josh had a bad game (he did) and pointing the finger on one play which would have been a miracle play.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Other QBs can reliably hand the ball off for positive gains. Other QBs can then use playaction to slow the pass rush down. We are one dimensional at the moment.

A perfect example of this was early in the game when we could have set the tone and had a 1st and goal from the 4 and a hand off to Moss lost 3 yards. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think when Spencer and Knox come back the offense will be better, maybe not great but good enough to beat most teams.

Knox means more to this offense than a lot of people realize. 

I think when Spencer and Knox come back the offense will be better, maybe not great but good enough to beat most teams.

not sure why it posted the same thing 19 times. Sorry 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

I did not understand picking Ford ahead of Risner (if you had to pick O-line). Ford looked to me like a guy with terrible feet so I didn’t understand why he was being drafted as a tackle. Risner has turned into a very good young guard. 

Ya hind sight risner would be nice to have. In beanes defense alot of scouts loved ford, most if not all had a 1st round grade on him. Most his evaluations called him a day 1 starter. You could say they are wrong lol.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Absolutely. It's no coincidence that the offense has gone downhill when he broke his hand. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Not harsh the reality. Yes it would have been a long FG. So let me ask you do you trust Bass with a 56 yard FG?

Ya I do.

But you are a knowledgeable poster and I'm assuming you played sports in your life.

Game on the line, 3rd and 7 and you got a guy running at your face in half a second on the very edge of field goal range.

You are supposed to just throw it away in the blink of a second?

And again. We don't know the sideline route in which he could have thrown.

That play is on Williams. Stood there like a pylon.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Other QBs can reliably hand the ball off for positive gains. Other QBs can then use playaction to slow the pass rush down. We are one dimensional at the moment.

Seems like that is another point in the negative for the arrogance of Beane and McD 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

not sure why it posted the same thing 19 times. Sorry 

No biggie

We need knox desperately and need better TEs overall

Just now, Norcalbillsfan said:

Ya hind sight risner would be nice to have. In beanes defense alot of scouts loved ford, most if not all had a 1st round grade on him. Most his evaluations called him a day 1 starter. You could say they are wrong lol.

Yep that’s why I figured I was wrong at the time.

If you don’t want to put blame on Josh for this game then you really need to learn a little football. He absolutely deserves blame. 

now if the entire loss on him. Absolutely not. And no one is saying it is. Stop putting your own ideas in what posters are saying. 

Now you're just mincing words and your entire argument has been disingenuous.  Of course Allen contributed to the loss with his reckless 2nd half play.  But the key moment you keep throwing out as decisive was not on Allen.  It was on Williams who made a terrible attempt at blocking a DE on 3rd & 7.

If you don’t want to put blame on Josh for this game then you really need to learn a little football. He absolutely deserves blame. 

now if the entire loss on him. Absolutely not. And no one is saying it is. Stop putting your own ideas in what posters are saying. 

Where did I say Josh is absolved of any blame? Please don’t put your own ideas in what other posters are saying. 

Josh Allen’s issues are a symptom of the offensive line. Use a backwards chain… start with the perceived issue… ask why? and continue to ask why until you get to the root cause. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

No, but there's a difference between saying Josh had a bad game (he did) and pointing the finger on one play which would have been a miracle play.

I am talking about one play because it seems a certain poster here wants to ignore the one play and keeps using some fact to push his assumptions on my thoughts. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No biggie

We need knox desperately and need better TEs overall

Agree. Knox and another Real TE will help a lot. Another reason I really wanted Engram at the Deadline. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ya I do.

But you are a knowledgeable poster and I'm assuming you played sports in your life.

Game on the line, 3rd and 7 and you got a guy running at your face in half a second on the very edge of field goal range.

You are supposed to just throw it away in the blink of a second?

And again. We don't know the sideline route in which he could have thrown.

That play is on Williams. Stood there like a pylon.

Yes Williams was horrible never said he wasn’t. But my QB should know the situation as well. 

really compounded even worse but running out of protection the next play. And shortening your field. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, jcamm1966 said:

NE best team in AFC east as of now

Yes.  No matter what everyone seems to think I doubt Bellicheat would lose to the Jags in this fashion.  I do not blame McD.  Daboll lost that game.  Well maybe some blame can go to our OL.  Just a little. 

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

When are we expecting Knox back? I understand why we rushed Beasley back but I don't think he was with it today.

They rushed Beasley back because he is the only one left to work the areas that knox works. I think knox has a chance this week. Maybe 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am talking about one play because it seems a certain poster here wants to ignore the one play and keeps using some fact to push his assumptions on my thoughts. 

Agree. Knox and another Real TE will help a lot. Another reason I really wanted Engram at the Deadline. 

Wanted to draft Freiermuth as well, its like this team thinks you dont need great TEs but it seems like most Superbowl winners have them.

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Now you're just mincing words and your entire argument has been disingenuous.  Of course Allen contributed to the loss with his reckless 2nd half play.  But the key moment you keep throwing out as decisive was not on Allen.  It was on Williams who made a terrible attempt at blocking a DE on 3rd & 7.

Nope I am not. I never said the entire thing was on Allen did I. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.