Alec Baldwin accidentally kills movie crew member (real bullet accidentally put in prop gun)

I'm Alec Baldwin, I don't have to pay attention !

OH: Alec Baldwin Was ‘Distracted’ on His Phone During ‘Rust’ Gun Training, Prosecutors Say. 

“Alec Baldwin “was not present” for a required firearms training before filming started for Rust, prosecutors said in documents officially charging the actor and producer with involuntary manslaughter on Tuesday.

He was then provided on-set training, during which he was ‘distracted and talking on his cell phone to his family.'”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkgnwm/alex-baldwin-on-phone-gun-training-rust-shooting

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Baldwin gets drunk, starts playing Cowboys and Indians and viciously takes aim and rapid fires a gun, he knew was loaded, with live rounds, at the victim. And they drop the charges?  How much did he pay off the prosecutors?   Guns are not toys.  You don't wildly spray bullets in all directions and not expect something to go wrong.  What was he thinking? 

You knew this was going to happen.  These hot-headed celebrities always get off.  May the victim rest in peace despite the legal hanky-panky.  So sad.  So unnecessary.  What a mess.         

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

• 5 months later...

Baldwin running around with known loaded weapon, playing cops and robbers, taking pot shots at the other actors and crew.  Thankfully more weren't killed.  Wonton disregard for human life. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m certainly not gonna defend him until all the data has been brought out

I’m trying to figure out how live ammunition was even there to be used. Anyway, I’ve been on sets were they were action scenes with shooting and there was never live ammunition

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

replace gun with weapon and it kind of fits.

and anything can be a weapon. 

I’m glad you feel that way
There were a lot of weapons being used on January 6

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m certainly not gonna defend him until all the data has been brought out

I’m trying to figure out how live ammunition was even there to be used. Anyway, I’ve been on sets were they were action scenes with shooting and there was never live ammunition

I’m glad you feel that way
There were a lot of weapons being used on January 6

What's the end goal if anything can be a weapon?

Right now, its guns, what's next?

4 hours ago, Doc said:

He said that he pulled the hammer back. That means that he let it go and it fired. So he is at least responsible for involuntary manslaughter.

The quote from Rust Prpductions is that all this is “Burdensome”?  What a tone deaf statement.  The movie set sounds as if it was a complete clusterf&ck, live ammunition and all, with not rhyme of reason as to who pointed what at whom. 

“Burdensome” seems appropriate when the catering company takes a wrong turn and lunch is late.  Or when the union calls for a 2 hour shut down for procedural matters.  When a lady gets shot dead during a staged production of fictional events, it seems way past that.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I just saw this- are being trying to be serious? 

My point was that anyone who has a gun needs to have a perfect, clear, rational mind at all times or tragedy can occur. Accidental shootings happen all the time due to careless gun owners who are not responsible, or make mental mistakes. People aren’t perfect and sadly innocent people suffer. 

Baldwin should be guilty of involuntary manslaughter. He fired the gun. The gun didn’t fire by itself. He knew the real gun was on the movie grounds. He knew real ammunition was on the movie grounds. He was the director with the most knowledge and experience. He chose to hire a completely inexperienced armorer girl to be in charge of the firearms. He was irresponsible in his handling of the gun. A real gun with real ammo should never have been on the movie grounds in the first place. 

Edited by Andy1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The armorer who allegedly brought live ammo to the set just got the max 18 months in the clink.  Looks like that lunatic, hot head, Baldwin will spend some time in the Gray Bar Hotel for his Cowboys and Indians shooting spree.  Treating firearms like toys.  Spraying bullets in all directions.  Complete indifference for the human life.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Agree 1