Who Do The Democrats Run in 2024?

Irv

47 minutes ago, Doc said:

No one wants an 80+ year old President.  And if they dump her, they lose the black vote.

If Biden wins he could step down and let a good VP takeover. I don't like Harris fwiw

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

It doesn’t matter who runs on either side -  abortion will haunt whomever represents the GQP and it won’t be close.

Yes it’s be so much better if we could all just agree to continue with the slaughter of innocent lives. Much cleaner. 👍

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Thank god it’s summer vacation - right?

image.thumb.jpeg.8d339b1d505da35f906b75ae1a6f048e.jpeg

And your point is what? If you know anything about my post profile, I’m not a big pro-gun guy….so, you want me to make a collage of a couple million fetuses? 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And your point is what? If you know anything about my post profile, I’m not a big pro-gun guy….so, you want me to make a collage of a couple million fetuses? 

So, fetal rights > than human rights?

46 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes it’s be so much better if we could all just agree to continue with the slaughter of innocent lives. Much cleaner. 👍

If that's what's mainly driving some people to vote, we're screwed.

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

If Trump is out and RDS is the nominee, the Dems will pull the plug on Biden and run Newsom.

How are they gonna do this? Trump is running and the only way he gets out is if another Republican beats him in the primaries.  Probably wouldn't happen until May or June or July after most of the primaries are over.  President Biden sews up the nomination by then.    Then they tap Newsom?  How is that gonna work?

I know the Democrat party is good at fixing primaries, but this will be a whole other ballgame.

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I say if that's what they want then let the libs abort themselves out of existence over the next 20 to 30 years.

I think they're already well on their way. That's why the had such a weak field in 2020.  They aborted all the good candidates 30, 40, 50 years ago.

Edited by reddogblitz

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Anyone but Biden.

Biden well old and can’t remember his name half. The time is still a better choice than Trump.

Vanilla ice cream is always better than dog *****

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

And that’s why you freaks want to ban young people from voting.

idiots 

That’s an interesting conversation. It looks like the Republicans are starting to homeschool their kids because they don’t want them. With the kids that don’t look like them.

But eventually, those kids have to go off to college and whenever they do, they’re going to get mixed in and learn about other people anyway

The college vote is squarely in the Democrats area college kids vote blue

So it’s not really the”libs” that are screwing themselves

Biden understood this hence the trying to help kids with college debt Meanwhile, the Republicans are screwing themselves by fighting it every step of the way they just continue to push themselves farther away from the young person vote

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Biden well old and can’t remember his name half. The time is still a better choice than Trump.

That’s an interesting conversation. It looks like the Republicans are starting to homeschool their kids because they don’t want them. With the kids that don’t look like them.

But eventually, those kids have to go off to college and whenever they do, they’re going to get mixed in and learn about other people anyway

Biden understood this hence the trying to help kids with college debt Meanwhile, the Republicans are screwing themselves by fighting it every step of the way they just continue to push themselves farther away from the young person vote

Biden made a promise that only stupid people believed, to the intelligent, it was to buy votes. The only people who needed that help was the people who weren’t smart enough to go college in the first place.

1 hour ago, Commsvet11 said:

Biden made a promise that only stupid people believed, to the intelligent, it was to buy votes. The only people who needed that help was the people who weren’t smart enough to go college in the first place.

The predatory loan company say thank you very much they love you

Of course, Biden was trying to buy votes. They all do that remember, whenever we got our checks during Covid, always accompanied with a letter from Trump, reminding you that it came from him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Of course, Biden was trying to buy votes. They all do that remember, whenever we got our checks during Covid, always accompanied with a letter from Trump, reminding you that it came from him.

Well the predatory loan companies can’t thank me for anything, you see I was a soldier not someone who’s branch main function is to give real soldiers like me a ride to the wars.

And let’s not pretend the universities are innocent a good chunk of student loans is living arrangements and most have policies that students cannot live off campus during the first years or two. 

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

How are they gonna do this? Trump is running and the only way he gets out is if another Republican beats him in the primaries.  Probably wouldn't happen until May or June or July after most of the primaries are over.  President Biden sews up the nomination by then.    Then they tap Newsom?  How is that gonna work?

I know the Democrat party is good at fixing primaries, but this will be a whole other ballgame.

It won't.  Biden is the nominee unless he dies.  His job approval among Democrats is right where Obama's was at this point so they'll prop him up for one more run.  His policies are popular with most of the base making it unlikely a serious challenger will challenge him.  There's not much they can say policy wise that would be different than the Biden administration is currently pursuing.  They're unlikely to win the primaries and will be blamed for the loss in November. 

The outer fringes of the party (the far left) are the democrats who disapprove of him but there isn't a well known progressive politician like Warren or Sanders that's going to challenge him in a primary and upset the apple cart.  All you really have as a challenger is RFK Jr. who appeals to the fringes on each side of the aisle for different reasons.  Republicans actually have a more favorable view of him than Democrats because they think he can help their guy (most likely Trump) win the general and some of the Republican grassroots agree with his anti vaccine views.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We'll agree to disagree on who would be worse for the country.  I'm not sure how many more manufactured scandals there can be.

As for predatory loans, thank Obama's admin.  They got the government involved and loans have skyrocketed.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It won't.  Biden is the nominee unless he dies.  His job approval among Democrats is right where Obama's was at this point so they'll prop him up for one more run.  His policies are popular with most of the base making it unlikely a serious challenger will challenge him.  There's not much they can say policy wise that would be different than the Biden administration is currently pursuing.  They're unlikely to win the primaries and will be blamed for the loss in November. 

The outer fringes of the party (the far left) are the democrats who disapprove of him but there isn't a well known progressive politician like Warren or Sanders that's going to challenge him in a primary and upset the apple cart.  All you really have as a challenger is RFK Jr. who appeals to the fringes on each side of the aisle for different reasons.  Republicans actually have a more favorable view of him than Democrats because they think he can help their guy (most likely Trump) win the general and some of the Republican grassroots agree with his anti vaccine views.

Unlike Obama, his age is a significant factor.  So is his VP.  Most everyone knows that Kammy will be President sooner than later.  Which presents the conundrum of dumping her and losing the black vote or keeping her and losing votes all over.

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

We'll agree to disagree on who would be worse for the country.  I'm not sure how many more manufactured scandals there can be.

As for predatory loans, thank Obama's admin.  They got the government involved and loans have skyrocketed.

Unlike Obama, his age is a significant factor.  So is his VP.  Most everyone knows that Kammy will be President sooner than later.  Which presents the conundrum of dumping her and losing the black vote or keeping her and losing votes all over.

During the subprime Bank Crisis we were told that we, the taxpayers, had to pay off loans because then evil banks were preying on the least educated amongst us….urban poor.

Now fast forward and the Government, not private banks, appears to have been preying on the MOST educated amongst….suburban college students. But the solution is the same. We, the taxpayers, need to pay off the loans. Really now? I can’t wait to see what’s next.