Chiefs Chant Before Game

cv05

Didn't read four pages so sorry if this has been posted.  However, if you want to see how to honor Native American culture...look up what Florida State did in the late 70's with the Seminole Nation.  It's the path to actually honor them, not some bumble farg white person attempt to connect millionaires playing a sport with a culture that has thousands of years of survival and history behind it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

My wife was wondering why they're called the "Bills" last night. I explained Buffalo Bill Cody. It's easily one of the weirdest sports team names. Like naming a team the "Jeffs"

Amherst Lord Jeffs!  they have moved on from they Jeffs sadly

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Pretty much anything related to buffalo or bison would make more sense.

Although, it would all sound weird and lose it's charm.

Anything would sound weird after having the name for so long.  

Also, nice update on the avatar, just noticed it.

1 minute ago, Beerball said:

I don't plan to read through 5 pages of idiocy. 

you're missing out.

All of this is utter crap. The team names that are being referenced were NOT adopted by opponents as a disparaging symbol of anything or anyone! They were all chosen as a sign of respect for adopted name, generally referring to the heroics and bravery of the culture. How this got flipped on its head is beyond me. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

All of this is utter crap. The team names that are being referenced were NOT adopted by opponents as a disparaging symbol of anything or anyone! They were all chosen as a sign of respect for adopted name, generally referring to the heroics and bravery of the culture. How this got flipped on its head is beyond me. 

To the victors go the spoils, amirite?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

It only makes sense though, if I name my team "the Polish" and I'm not even Polish (even if my wife is Polish and I love Polish people) I should expect Polish people to express some thoughts...

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

To0 many people have nothing better to do with their lives other than piss and moan about stuff they never cared about in the first place.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Pretty much anything related to buffalo or bison would make more sense.

Although, it would all sound weird and lose it's charm.

When the run game was king, maybe.  With today’s modern NFL designed around the pass, the lack of the digitus pollex pretty much guarantees a bison drafted in the first 4 rounds is a huge mistake.  Maybe bring in one in on a late round flyer, kick the hooves and whatnot.  

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.