Returns from 2021 Draft Picks

Just noting that, while it's early, we are starting to see returns from our draft this year. Rousseau, along with a few sacks has been flying past the edge. Basham got his first sack today. Spencer Brown got moved to starting RT.

None is rocket to the moon, but it's nice consistent production. I'm happy with what we've seen so far.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree. Early returns good so far.  

Was hoping Epenesa was going to flash more but other than the Miami game he has been a non-factor

Yes this is concerning...We need our front seven to be at its best next two weeks

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Just noting that, while it's early, we are starting to see returns from our draft this year. Rousseau, along with a few sacks has been flying past the edge. Basham got his first sack today. Spencer Brown got moved to starting RT.

None is rocket to the moon, but it's nice consistent production. I'm happy with what we've seen so far.

So how did our line line up today?

tackle to tackle.....

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree. Early returns good so far.  

Was hoping Epenesa was going to flash more but other than the Miami game he has been a non-factor

He was a factor in first 3 games. Most pressures on team through 3 weeks. 

Not sure what happened today but he'll be back 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JerseyBills said:

He was a factor in first 3 games. Most pressures on team through 3 weeks. 

Not sure what happened today but he'll be back 

I didn't see a heavy rotation up front today. The Texans had so few offensive snaps the starters played a lot. They have definitely used less AJE after he made the mistake on Heinicke's TD run last week. McDermott hates that kind of error and it feels like a message is being sent.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn't see a heavy rotation up front today. The Texans had so few offensive snaps the starters played a lot. They have definitely used less AJE after he made the mistake on Heinicke's TD run last week. McDermott hates that kind of error and it feels like a message is being sent.

Agreed and this is the game you send it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mattynh said:

With the depth of this roster to end up with a starting de and starting rt by week 4 looks great.  Hamlin has done a little also.  

Hamlin was nice in limited snaps yesterday, but we gotta talk about Jaquan Johnson. Anyone who was worried about the depth behind Hyde and Poyer can relax. Okay against a terrible offense but man that was a good first start for the kid. I wonder if the fact he is in year 3 and has hardly played other than on STs might make him a guy the Bills could extend on the cheap. Because Hyde and Poyer are getting up there in age and this kid is good. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Hamlin was nice in limited snaps yesterday, but we gotta talk about Jaquan Johnson. Anyone who was worried about the depth behind Hyde and Poyer can relax. Okay against a terrible offense but man that was a good first start for the kid. I wonder if the fact he is in year 3 and has hardly played other than on STs might make him a guy the Bills could extend on the cheap. Because Hyde and Poyer are getting up there in age and this kid is good. 

It was one game against a weak opponent so if plays next week we will see how that goes.   But I do like your point about extending, they need to find guys they can keep and contribute at reasonable prices.  Poyer was a super bargain when the Bills signed him.