Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I expect him to play another 2 years in college before he even signs here. Portillo could sign after this season and maybe will bring Powers with him. 

Just curious but why even 1 more year?  Sounds like he's dominating there already.

I actually thought that the Sabres would win tonight.  Up 3-0 in the first period.. the energy was good.  The defense was active on the back check.  Second period begins.. halfway in we are up 4-1.  Then we allow a few more goals, couple that with some giveaways in our own zone.. the game ends 7-4 Panthers with an empty netter.  Boy..  it really has to be difficult if you just know that night in and night out your goaltender just will not allow you to win the game.  Why even play the body, go for a block.  They came out strong at least, bless them for that.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I actually thought that the Sabres would win tonight.  Up 3-0 in the first period.. the energy was good.  The defense was active on the back check.  Second period begins.. halfway in we are up 4-1.  Then we allow a few more goals, couple that with some giveaways in our own zone.. the game ends 7-4 Panthers with an empty netter.  Boy..  it really has to be difficult if you just know that night in and night out your goaltender just will not allow you to win the game.  Why even play the body, go for a block.  They came out strong at least, bless them for that.  

After the 4th goal they had zero shots on goal and were never in the Panthers side unless they were on a power play. I can blame the goalie but letting them dominate you for the rest of the game and never making it back to the other end isn't isn't goalies fault.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

After the 4th goal they had zero shots on goal and were never in the Panthers side unless they were on a power play. I can blame the goalie but letting them dominate you for the rest of the game and never making it back to the other end isn't isn't goalies fault.

Correct. The issue was the Panthers waking up and stuffing the Sabres into a locker. We landed a few punches but got out azzez handed to us in the end. 

The funny thing about the Sabres this year is they are playing mostly good hockey. But they collapse for about ten minutes and give up 3-4 quick goals in that span.

15 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

What do the Partners average? The building looked half empty last night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Correct. The issue was the Panthers waking up and stuffing the Sabres into a locker. We landed a few punches but got out azzez handed to us in the end. 

The funny thing about the Sabres this year is they are playing mostly good hockey. But they collapse for about ten minutes and give up 3-4 quick goals in that span.

What do the Partners average? The building looked half empty last night.

agreed.

They also have a tendency at times to stop attacking when they get the lead. They’ll kind of stop pushing on offense, just continually chip pucks into the neutral zone and let the other team keep attacking them. It drives me nuts. They need to learn how to finish out games.

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

agreed.

They also have a tendency at times to stop attacking when they get the lead. They’ll kind of stop pushing on offense, just continually chip pucks into the neutral zone and let the other team keep attacking them. It drives me nuts. They need to learn how to finish out games.

I think what your seeing is not the Sabres backing off but the opponent turning it up.

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think what your seeing is not the Sabres backing off but the opponent turning it up.

Just to be clear I wasn’t talking about last night. I only saw the 1st period so I can’t say really what the issue was. I was just talking about in general this season. It’s happened in a few games I’ve watched.

Yeah, I’m sure some of it is definitely the other team pushing (especially more talented teams) but at times you can also see the style of hockey change for Buffalo. They go from carrying the puck in and attacking, cycling the zone, etc. to just kind of chipping it in then sitting back on their heels to defend + protect a lead. 

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What do the Partners average? The building looked half empty last night

It was definitely only half full if that. The whole 300 top sections were empty. 

This year florida is ranking ranking 26th with 13,292 average per game.

Edited by TBBills