Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

On 3/27/2022 at 11:02 PM, That's No Moon said:

Did they sign Levi yet? More importantly, if you were Levi, would you sign? 2 more years in school and you get to walk out as a 22 y/o free agent and pick your spot.

And lose two years of earnings, not to mention push your pro free agency down two more years. Then there's the risk of injury or just falling off in play. All for what? Not playing in Buffalo? You wouldn't want to be part of this squad? Especially with goalie as the biggest hole?

13 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Amazing win by the Sabres erasing a 4 goal deficit to win 6-5. Tage Thompson’s game-winner with 11.3 seconds left was one of the craziest goals I’ve ever seen. Tage didn’t see it as he was headed back to the bench for a new stick after he broke his on the shot.

Wild. Then the Chicago goalie went all Jack Nicholson with his stick against the goal post. 😂

Edited by Warcodered
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And lose two years of earnings, not to mention push your pro free agency down two more years. Then there's the risk of injury or just falling off in play. All for what? Not playing in Buffalo? You wouldn't want to be part of this squad? Especially with goalie as the biggest hole?

Seriously. There is no competition at goalie right now in Buffalo and they just might be turning the corner to adequacy.

12 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Sad news

Sad on a personal level, sure.

For fans of the Senators?  This will open the door to the possibility of change and improvement. 

For the last many years the only franchise as bad as the Sabres has been Ottawa.     

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is he signed yet?

3 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'll be there! Really looking forward to it.  Was also at the Eichel return game and had a blast.  

Dam you... in a good way lol. I grew up listening to the guy call the games, sometimes with transistor radio under my pillow. Enjoy man!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T&C said:

I grew up listening to the guy call the games, sometimes with transistor radio under my pillow.

Wow, I thought I was the only one that had that early childhood memory. 

I thought I was getting away with something but I know my Dad was laughing outside the door going "attaboy".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

Dam you... in a good way lol. I grew up listening to the guy call the games, sometimes with transistor radio under my pillow. Enjoy man!

Thank You! It's a bittersweet moment for sure!  So grateful to be in attendance and get to witness it but I am so sad the time has finally come for RJ to step down.  He is really the last sports icon that has been around since my childhood

6 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Any official word on this game being a sellout yet?

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/mike-harrington-this-is-rjs-night-to-go-to-the-top-shelf-at-keybank-center/article_26e80a2a-b131-11ec-88d6-2f52fc8bd002.html

He has been our voice of winter on ice, just like baseball announcers direct the rhythm of our summers. Rick Jeanneret's final month with the Buffalo Sabres after 51 years starts Friday night. That statement alone is hard to process.

The man everyone calls "RJ" won't be behind the microphone once the game against Nashville starts, but he'll have his turn before any pucks are dropped because this night will be for him.

A full house in the stands – something we haven't seen since before the pandemic – will be there to greet him. So will many prominent Sabres alumni.

We haven't had too many memorable moments downtown over the last decade, but RJ Night figures to be one of them. The Sabres will host a pregame ceremony in honor of their retiring legend and will unveil a banner in the KeyBank Center rafters that will stand forever as a testament to his amazing career.

More in the article above. This is going to be one hell of a Friday night... I wish I could get one of those RJ banners they are handing out.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, T&C said:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/mike-harrington-this-is-rjs-night-to-go-to-the-top-shelf-at-keybank-center/article_26e80a2a-b131-11ec-88d6-2f52fc8bd002.html

He has been our voice of winter on ice, just like baseball announcers direct the rhythm of our summers. Rick Jeanneret's final month with the Buffalo Sabres after 51 years starts Friday night. That statement alone is hard to process.

The man everyone calls "RJ" won't be behind the microphone once the game against Nashville starts, but he'll have his turn before any pucks are dropped because this night will be for him.

A full house in the stands – something we haven't seen since before the pandemic – will be there to greet him. So will many prominent Sabres alumni.

We haven't had too many memorable moments downtown over the last decade, but RJ Night figures to be one of them. The Sabres will host a pregame ceremony in honor of their retiring legend and will unveil a banner in the KeyBank Center rafters that will stand forever as a testament to his amazing career.

More in the article above. This is going to be one hell of a Friday night... I wish I could get one of those RJ banners they are handing out.

Oh it's definitely going to be a full house!  But that doesn't mean it's an official sell-out yet.  I know as of today it was pretty close, I would imagine by puck drop we will be there.  Kinda similar to how there were doubts the Patriots playoff game would be a sellout but once it got closer toward gameday there was no doubt.