Losing to the Steelers was a blessing in disguise

Mikie2times

We should have won and if we played really well, it wouldn't have been close. It's a little different going from hunter to hunted and the Bills got a taste of it. We will take every team's best shot and Josh will not be given anything easy with how much film teams have on us from last year. I was getting sick of being everybody's trendy pick. If we expect this team to have SB aspirations we will need to be hardened by competition. I would have rather it not been an AFC game, but taking an L in week one, in my mind, will rally this team. Ground them. Make them better. I see it as Hail Murray 2.0. Not at all concerned. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

All I know is I want us to be playing our best ball going into December.......not October (I am not saying I dont want to win.....just steady team improvement and hitting December on all cylanders)

Just now, MAJBobby said:

If you want to claim to be a contender you beat teams you should. We should have Beat the Steelers. No Silver lining. They laid an egg and let one go. 

They did lay the egg.......but I also think the steelers caught us at just right time.....much like the Saints did Green Baqy

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

All I know is I want us to be playing our best ball going into December.......not October (I am not saying I dont want to win.....just steady team improvement and hitting December on all cylanders)

They did lay the egg.......but I also think the steelers caught us at just right time.....much like the Saints did Green Baqy

yep end of the day it is September. No issue. But did let one go that should be in the win column right now. 

when you have a high powered offense coming off record year. You SHOULD beat a team that your defense (the question coming into the season) only gave up 16 points. 

looking for silver linings with the Bills is gone. That is what expectations do. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

We Not at all concerned. 

I shouldn't be concerned but the feeling is growing. This was the fourth game in a row they looked underwhelming. 

I can go with "it's a new season" and think that the loss hurts most as it's the first game of the season. 

But I am now very nervous for next week as Dolphins have a decent D as well

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Tampa Bay lost opening day last year!

Side note: If the Oline doesn't play better and figure out how to handle a team with a good dline all bets are off.

On the road against Brees and the Saints......Tom Brady's first start with the Bucs.

I really wish people stop making this type of comparison when WE LOST AT HOME, gave up 23 unanswered points and didn't have a chance to win late because we were down 2 scores. Yes Pittsburgh might still be a good to great team but you have to win this game at home if you also fancy yourself the same type of team.

Meanwhile the Chiefs and Bucs showed why they were in the SB last year and came back to win big games at home after trailing at one point in the 2nd half.

Sure this team might rebound in a big way this week and play great the next few weeks given the upcoming schedule but until we play a real team with a real QB again (i.e. KC) it's hard to know who the 2021 Bills really are at this point.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I also think the Steelers caught us just at the right time. Sort of reminded me of when Washington knocked them off last year to give them the first L. We outplayed a good team, I do think they wanted it more but you could just as easily say we failed at executing. 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If you want to claim to be a contender you beat teams you should. We should have Beat the Steelers. No Silver lining. They laid an egg and let one go. 

Same as Arizona last year, then we we went on an 8 game run. I know it's a hard concept to grasp but sometimes in life negative experiences make you better. 

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

We should have won and if we played really well, it wouldn't have been close. It's a little different going from hunter to hunted and the Bills got a taste of it. We will take every team's best shot and Josh will not be given anything easy with how much film teams have on us from last year. I was getting sick of being everybody's trendy pick. If we expect this team to have SB aspirations we will need to be hardened by competition. I would have rather it not been an AFC game, but taking an L in week one, in my mind, will rally this team. Ground them. Make them better. I see it as Hail Murray 2.0. Not at all concerned. 

We'll see how they respond.  They also need to realize they have to work harder no matter how good they think they are, there is no such thing as a gimme in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I shouldn't be concerned but the feeling is growing. This was the fourth game in a row they looked underwhelming. 

I can go with "it's a new season" and think that the loss hurts most as it's the first game of the season. 

Not really. TO Lucky yes. 

they suck against the run YET again. Have NO DBs that play well in Zone. They will man up yet again and Bills will eat Yet again. 

2 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I also think the Steelers caught us just at the right time. Sort of reminded me of when Washington knocked them off last year to give them the first L. We outplayed a good team, I do think they wanted it more but you could just as easily say we failed at executing. 

Same as Arizona last year, then we we went on an 8 game run. I know it's a hard concept to grasp but sometimes in life negative experiences make you better. 

yep sometimes you do. Doesn’t mean I am looking for some Silver lining. Those days are Gone. They Laid an Egg. Time will tell if they learn from it. They likely will and still win the AFCE. If they don’t going to be a LONG season. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea im surprised by how many think we walk into Miami and win easy….. the offense has looked flat for 3 straight games now…. If Allen struggles again it will be a close one and a loss wouldn’t shock me. 

Bills are a Matchup Nightmare against the Fins. That game is going to be a Style points game. 

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

If our expectation as Bills fans is Super Bowl after 20+ years of learning to be careful with expectations, shame on us. We should be concerned if that is the current expectation. We could have just as easily been a 13-3 one and done playoff team last year. We aren't there yet. We are a playoff team, to what extent will depend on the growth during the season. McDermont has a history of getting things to gel as the season progresses. 

2 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

If our expectation as Bills fans is Super Bowl after 20+ years of learning to be careful with expectations, shame on us. We should be concerned if that is the current expectation. We could have just as easily been a 13-3 one and done playoff team last year. We aren't there yet. We are a playoff team, to what extent will depend on the growth during the season. McDermont has a history of getting things to gel as the season progresses. 

If your expectation ISNT winning an championship every year. Then you need to look at what you want in sports. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not sure how many people watched "The Last Dance". How often a previous SB team doesn't even make the playoffs. We caught teams off guard a bit last year, both in our offensive system and in terms of the quality of our team. If we want to make the next step we need to be the hunted and take everybody's best shot. It will make us better, Josh better. I think it's premature to just assume natural progression from Josh no matter what. Teams have so much tape now. That said, for Josh and the team, we will benefit a great deal over the season from facing such circumstances. 

• Like (+1) 2