9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

“Held there own” against the Bills DL.  Fine choice of words, Indeed.

I think Big Ben knew just where he was going with the ball and got it out fast, which makes it harder for our DL to get there (I also saw some pretty rampant uncalled holding - which i would be ok with except the refs were calling it on us).

I think something the Steelers D was doing was puzzling Allen and there were a lack of quick hit options for him, and there were uncharacteristic drops and misfires on those that were there

Well I hope if he is saying that he was at the game cause from my seat Ben did not want to get hit he flinched several times when he was about to get hit.  And every pass he threw was a wounded duck no zip on the ball at all.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BTB said:

Thank you!

It depends...refs have absolutely objectively blown game changing plays and admitted to it...like the end of our playoff game against the texans a few years ago and the saints playoff loss to the rams 

1 minute ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Watching Browns v Chiefs 

Browns Chiefs offense play calling operates at another level.

I really like what  the Browns are doing today.

Andy Reid called the worst game I've ever seen in the super bowl last year.

15 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

A pass only offense is not necessarily one dimensional we are horribly oversimplifying this on this board lol 4-5 wr sets are tough to handle and you can line up in shotgun or the pistol and dump it off to a rb and its pretty much a running play and you also can run designed qb runs and all kinds of other things.  Our offense isn't like we're dropping back to pass every play with only 3 targets on the field. 

All true, But, in our case, Dabol, as good as he is, is not very good at when and how to use his RBs, and this has been his Achilles heel since he has been our OC, it really can’t be argued otherwise. 

Go Bills!!!

12 minutes ago, Dan said:

Who needs preseason 

Our offense was rusty and out of sync, a couple of series in one preseason game does not knock the rust off nor does it build game level chemistry between the QB and his targets. Today showed this to be the case.

Go Bills!!!

.imho too many mistakes were the root cause . Too many opportunities missed to make plays, and too many instances of poor execution. Inconsistent zebras don’t help, but they weren’t the reason we lost. I have to admit that the helmet to helmet non call late on, did piss me off a lot. But realistically the game was up then 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If a penalty is declined, it arguably doesn’t influence the play.

I repeat, what part of “our entire OL was beaten like a drum” is reasonably translated by you as “I thought Dawkins looked OK”?

I agree with you that the entire line was terrible. I've said as much several times today. You responded directly to my assertion that Dawkins in particular looked very out of game shape and was repeatedly abused. My assertion was that he still hasn't gotten himself together from his totally preventable hospitalization because the other players on the line who stunk today also stunk last year. Dion stinking is new and therefore more note worthy than John Feliciano getting manhandled by a DT when he gets manhandled by every good DT he faces or Cody Ford being a turnstile because he usually is or Darryl Williams struggling with speed rushers because he usually does.

Moreover you responded to my post by attacking me and you're a mod. Do better.

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It depends...refs have absolutely objectively blown game changing plays and admitted to it...like the end of our playoff game against the texans a few years ago and the saints playoff loss to the rams 

Andy Reid called the worst game I've ever seen in the super bowl last year.

Where would you rank today’s Bills play calling?

Edited by PayDaBill$

30 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Defensive line was historically awful last year and we went to the afc championship game.  They looked pretty good today that is a monumental difference compared to last season.  What should I be looking for in the kc/Cleveland game? I'm assuming you mean since Cleveland is winning we are worse than both Cleveland and kc? 

Pretty good? First half maybe, couldn’t get a stop in the second half against an oline with two rookies and an old broken down Qb. You should understand what a dominant running game can do for your qb. If you are happy with what our D did today, enjoy your low expectations. Watching the Pats oline give a rookie Qb starting his first game all the time he needs is giving him confidence and the ability to succeed. Our lines will be the downfall of this team along with a OC who thinks he’s way to cute for his own good.

Bills are still the better team.  They won every category for the most part.  The blocked punt was an equalizer and the play calling on offense was terrible.   Daboll low key is a problem.  Very slow to change his game plan.  No real motion, no real diversity in formation.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

At the cap Feliciano re-signed for, who do you suggest they should have gotten?

We should have drafted someone. Probably could have found someone better for the 5 million we spent on him too, even if it was at a different position. Feliciano isn’t worth a thing. Fake toughness doesn’t make a good blocker. One of the most overrated players I have ever seen.

Edited by MWK
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MWK said:

We should have drafted someone. Probably could have found someone better for the 5 million we spent on him too, even if it was at a different position. Feliciano isn’t worth a thing. Fake toughness doesn’t make a good blocker. One of the most overrated players I have ever seen.

We did. We drafted two actually. 

42 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I just saw one game. One game. You apparently have watched the whole season and can see how this all turns out. Thank you so much for joining us here and enlightening us about how terrible this all ends. I’m gonna stop watching now.

If you can’t see the issues that weren’t fixed from last years team what can I say. I’m sure we will pick off the low hanging fruit, why wouldn’t we? But the last 5 teams we played have handled this offense each better than the previous, if your happy about that good for you.

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Pretty good? First half maybe, couldn’t get a stop in the second half against an oline with two rookies and an old broken down Qb. You should understand what a dominant running game can do for your qb. If you are happy with what our D did today, enjoy your low expectations. Watching the Pats oline give a rookie Qb starting his first game all the time he needs is giving him confidence and the ability to succeed. Our lines will be the downfall of this team along with a OC who thinks he’s way to cute for his own good.

Can someone please tell me how Ben is now broken down 🤣 I keep seeing that and there is 0 evidence of that.  Is it because he lobs passes and hits receivers in stride? I do understand what a dominant run game can do for your qb but you don't understand how much the current offensive scheme is helping our qb just because he has a mediocre game every now and then.  Also how high are you DL standards for a year that is cap reduced lol they took the run away all game...all season last year we gave away 5 yard runs for free