Two areas in downtown were strongly considered for new stadium

7 minutes ago, Locomark said:

You can get a giant street fest atmosphere without building a football stadium by doing what they did in Milwaukee along their waterfront. They have a giant Summerfest grounds that hugs the water that actually goes next to something similar to that ugly skyway. Milwaukee is actually larger than Buffalo. Keep the stadium in OP. 

I took SoCal's comment to suggest that  is one way the Bills could do it downtown. A replacement, of sorts, to the current tailgating situation. A creative solution to the issue.

I don't think he was suggesting it was necessary to put the stadium downtown in order to have that.

On 8/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, billsfanmiamioh said:

I get what you’re saying but I just don’t see it. People from WNY (I’m one of em) are kinda set in their ways and reluctant to major changes. 

That’s been part of what’s held WNY back for decades too.  Change is life; and life will go on, and in good ways,  even if differently than some might be used to.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, The Dean said:

I took SoCal's comment to suggest that  is one way the Bills could do it downtown. A replacement, of sorts, to the current tailgating situation. A creative solution to the issue.

I don't think he was suggesting it was necessary to put the stadium downtown in order to have that.

Bingo!

Parking and transportation are the driving factors in keeping the stadium in OP. No one wants to fight for parking and walk for blocks ( not to mention handicapped parking) it’s already quite a hike from the Ecc lots into the stadium . While it would be nice to have a nice cozy enclosed stadium Buffalo has to be careful not to price their fans out of the market . With an aging fan base Buffalo has to pay attention to the handicapped fan experience too.

4 minutes ago, Greatdane21 said:

Parking and transportation are the driving factors in keeping the stadium in OP. No one wants to fight for parking and walk for blocks ( not to mention handicapped parking) it’s already quite a hike from the Ecc lots into the stadium . While it would be nice to have a nice cozy enclosed stadium Buffalo has to be careful not to price their fans out of the market . With an aging fan base Buffalo has to pay attention to the handicapped fan experience too.

The ADA Codes require disabled parking in close proximity to the venue. That’s not going to be an issue. It’s the law.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/27/2021 at 2:17 PM, billsfanmiamioh said:

Cost prohibitive downtown? No way! I read on hear all they would have to do is tear down the skyway and build a bunch of roads and stuff. Easy peasy! 

I believe the Skyway is going no matter what.

• Agree 1

On 8/28/2021 at 10:03 AM, SoCal Deek said:

So if I have you right you want to hire an architect that’ll prepare mundane plans with no creativity or inspiration?. I’ll need to write that down. I’ve been doing this all wrong for the past FORTY YEARS. 😉

No you have me wrong but go write it down if you want.  

On 8/28/2021 at 10:00 PM, purple haze said:

That’s been part of what’s held WNY back for decades too.  Change is life; and life will go on, and in good ways,  even if differently than some might be used to.

The problem with WNY/Buffalo is a lack of Fortune 500(s) anchored downtown.

If that happened, everything would change fairly automatically.  

I always thought the conway park and surrounding area would be a good spot.  You'd need to destroy all of the perry projects and buy up a ton of stuff east of the park to create parking.  You'd also need to figure out a way to get overflow people probably from the outer harbor and riverworks areas.  So while it'd be cool, its expensive to even begin.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

I always thought the conway park and surrounding area would be a good spot.  You'd need to destroy all of the perry projects and buy up a ton of stuff east of the park to create parking.  You'd also need to figure out a way to get overflow people probably from the outer harbor and riverworks areas.  So while it'd be cool, its expensive to even begin.  

IF there was a location downtown that is the place to do it.  Add 500 yards from where the Metro Rail turns by Michigan and have the turn

around right at the stadium.  A pedestrian bridge over the river opens up Riverworks which would be only a couple of hundred yards away.

13 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

The problem with WNY/Buffalo is a lack of Fortune 500(s) anchored downtown.

If that happened, everything would change fairly automatically.  

Is Buff continuously pursuing those companies to HQ or plant a flag in the area?  I don’t know.   Part of being attractive  is the area having its stuff together, in general.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:54 PM, Greatdane21 said:

Who you calling old ??