Afghanistan

Intelligence of ISIS-K attack now "much firmer," says UK armed forces minister

“There is now very, very credible reporting of an imminent attack, and hence why the Foreign Office advice was changed last night, that people should not come to Kabul Airport, they should move to a safe place and await further instructions,” he told BBC Radio.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/afghanistan-news-taliban-refugees-08-26-21-intl/h_f1f12cf01f715ab989c1439ad4666a62

The fatal mistake was pulling out most US troops, closing bases and air support before evacuation complete. They counted on the Afghan military but without US air support and logistics they gave up.

I am ashamed of our country and our Allies.  We have Americans and citizens of our Allies in country, and we are telling them we cannot react to a threat from Isis?  We are caving in to the Taliban and getting out by the deadline because they say so?  Nonsense.  Put troops in there right now, get everyone out, and if the Taliban or Isis threaten or harm one hair on the head of one of our citizens you wipe them out.

I understand wanting to get the troop presence out.  I vehemently disagree with that policy, but I see the point being made.  There is no excuse whatsoever to leave people behind because you're scared.  What the hell happened to America being America?

• Like (+1) 2

Was just listening to SVP at work who was also a well decorated ex marine with three kids active in the navy who was talking about a conversation with a two star general buddy of his still Active. 

Says top to bottom the entire military including the brass considers Biden a total mess, a joke, train wreck and puppet. 

Says the withdrawal has been a politically directed disaster.  They actually surged troops to the highest level in years after destabilizing the entire region. 

apparently there are American casualties being covered up too. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Was just listening to SVP at work who was also a well decorated ex marine with three kids active in the navy who was talking about a conversation with a two star general buddy of his still Active. 

Says top to bottom the entire military including the brass considers Biden a total mess, a joke, train wreck and puppet. 

Says the withdrawal has been a politically directed disaster.  They actually surged troops to the highest level in years after destabilizing the entire region. 

Now they are saying that 3 US troops were injured, status unknown.

• Angry 1

50 minutes ago, Governor said:

It’s still a perfect withdrawal. Pretty amazing actually.

What's amazing is you considering this as perfect.  You one of the few of the nearly 8,000,000,000 people in the world that feels that way.  You are truly unique I will say that.

Again you never answered this the last time.  What makes it perfect?  What would you consider an imperfect withdrawal.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

What's amazing is you considering this as perfect.  You one of the few of the nearly 8,000,000,000 people in the world that feels that way.  You are truly unique I will say that.

Again you never answered this the last time.  What makes it perfect?  What would you consider an imperfect withdrawal.  

An imperfect withdrawal would be 100 dead American soldiers.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

100?  Where did that number come from?  So 75 dead American soldiers would still be perfect?  How about 82?  67?  

What about the billions of dollars of US military hardware now in the hands of the Taliban?  Is that perfect?  

You have a very warped sense of perfection.  

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

Geezus Chr!st I've asked before but how do you ignore someone here?  Disgusting

And I will not pile on to what is a tragedy affecting people's lives with the politics, but this is just disgusting

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

Geezus Chr!st I've asked before but how do you ignore someone here?  Disgusting

And I will not pile on to what is a tragedy affecting people's lives with the politics, but this is just disgusting

More than 50 wouldn’t be good. Less than 50 and the history books and military would view it as a successful withdrawal operation from a 20 year war.

Why would anyone expect 0 casualties and 0 injuries during war? That doesn’t make any sense.

Just now, Governor said:

More than 50 wouldn’t be good. Less than 50 and the history books and military would view it as a successful withdrawal operation from a 20 year war.

Why would anyone expect 0 casualties and 0 injuries during war? That doesn’t make any sense.

Because all this was completely avoidable if we had anyone capable of planning and executing a credible withdrawal plan for civilian and military personnel.  But Biden F'ed it all up.  That's what happened.

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

Because all this was completely avoidable if we had anyone capable of planning and executing a credible withdrawal plan for civilian and military personnel.  But Biden F'ed it all up.  That's what happened.

Do we want to end the war or not?