DeSantis For President in 2024?

3 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

To question one, thank you for proving you are an idiot, since you clearly expect DeSantis to care what Newsome says. 

For question two, you apparently believe that Tampa is not part of Florida, and the plane definitely was in Tampa before it went to MV.

Lastly you only quote politicians, you can find a few actual interviews online of the people who were on the plane and if you translate what they said they are happy with where they landed. 

I will again recommend you let this die, I am not pleased with DeSantis about it but it was legal and it was a political stunt that makes liberals look worse the more they protest 

So you’re saying it was legal because he took people from TX, brought them to Florida first before sending them to MV? Seems like a stretch.

There’s also the issue these people were asylum seekers and not unauthorized aliens.

Why couldn’t DeSantis find his own migrants in his own state if this problem is so bad?

Care to share these interviews with the forum: “few actual interviews online of the people who were on the plane and if you translate what they said they are happy with where they landed.” I’ve yet to see anything about them being happy that they were lied to.

edit to add migrant interview:

https://www.wgbh.org/news/local-news/2022/09/16/one-migrant-says-he-felt-deceived-by-events-that-led-to-his-arrival-on-marthas-vineyard

The 28-year-old Venezuelan immigrant was one of almost 50 people flown by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to the Cape Cod island by charter plane on Wednesday, in a pointed political move.

“I feel — deceived. Deceived, and upset. They played with our feelings,” he told GBH News in a Spanish-language interview outside of St. Andrews Church in Edgartown. Plaza was in San Antonio, Texas, earlier this week with other recently arrived migrants when he was approached and offered a ride on the plane. According to numerous reports, the planes flew from Texas to Florida, then on to North Carolina and, finally, Martha’s Vineyard. 

“They offered to help me travel, to find lodging, and ... they tricked me,” Plaza said. NPR previously reported a woman identified as “Perla” was recruiting immigrants to get on the plane. Nonprofit publication San Antonio Report reported Thursday that a 27-year-old immigrant claims he was paid $200 in cash by “Perla” to convince people standing outside San Antonio’s migrant resource center to board the flight.

Edited by Backintheday544

8 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Another person who doesn’t get basic facts, just great.

Marthas Vineyard is not a sanctuary city. MA has 8. They are Amherst, Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Concord, Newton, Northampton, and Somerville. 

Plus, it wasn’t MV saying they have jobs, expedited reviews and housing. It was DeSantis. 

Please for the love of God, read, and educate yourself before posting.

first of all it was partly sarcastic partly serious.  It shows the reality of these migrants and the current issues border towns face.  If 50 people can cause an emergency such as this imagine the towns down there.  The dems ignore the problem and weaponize when it actually effects them.  They literally couldn’t get them off their island fast enough. 50 people. An island that can handle 150,000 tourists per year couldn’t handle 50 people.  The democrats are getting hit with the actually reality of the situations these border towns face and they literally can’t handle it 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Another person who doesn’t get basic facts, just great.

Marthas Vineyard is not a sanctuary city. MA has 8. They are Amherst, Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Concord, Newton, Northampton, and Somerville. 

Plus, it wasn’t MV saying they have jobs, expedited reviews and housing. It was DeSantis. 

Please for the love of God, read, and educate yourself before posting.

These idiots don’t get it.

This was nothing more than a political stunt.

Sending these people to MV was just a way to own the libs.

It backfired on the cult - hugely.

America is tired of the BS.

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

first of all it was partly sarcastic partly serious.  It shows the reality of these migrants and the current issues border towns face.  If 50 people can cause an emergency such as this imagine the towns down there.  The dems ignore the problem and weaponize when it actually effects them.  They literally couldn’t get them off their island fast enough. 50 people. An island that can handle 150,000 tourists per year couldn’t handle 50 people.  The democrats are getting hit with the actually reality of the situations these border towns face and they literally can’t handle it 

A crisis so terrible the governor of Florida wasn’t even able to find 50 people in his home state for his political stunt.

Border towns have infrastructure to at least partially handle these issues. Martha’s Vineyard does not.

You don’t see people making as big of a fuss of the other thousands that have gone to CA, DC and NY because they were sent to places with infrastructure in place to support these people. Martha’s Vineyard does not.

While the other bus loads have occurred they’re not as big of a deal because 1) there’s no proof those people were lied to here, 2) they were sent to actual sanctuary destinations with resources to help them and 3) a governor from one state didn’t illegally spend state funds to ship asylum seekers from another state to an unknown destination.

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

A crisis so terrible the governor of Florida wasn’t even able to find 50 people in his home state for his political stunt.

Border towns have infrastructure to at least partially handle these issues. Martha’s Vineyard does not.

You don’t see people making as big of a fuss of the other thousands that have gone to CA, DC and NY because they were sent to places with infrastructure in place to support these people. Martha’s Vineyard does not.

While the other bus loads have occurred they’re not as big of a deal because 1) there’s no proof those people were lied to here, 2) they were sent to actual sanctuary destinations with resources to help them and 3) a governor from one state didn’t illegally spend state funds to ship asylum seekers from another state to an unknown destination.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna36931

which story are you more upset about? 

now why don’t dems do something about immigration?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

So you’re saying it was legal because he took people from TX, brought them to Florida first before sending them to MV? Seems like a stretch.

There’s also the issue these people were asylum seekers and not unauthorized aliens.

Why couldn’t DeSantis find his own migrants in his own state if this problem is so bad?

Care to share these interviews with the forum: “few actual interviews online of the people who were on the plane and if you translate what they said they are happy with where they landed.” I’ve yet to see anything about them being happy that they were lied to.

edit to add migrant interview:

https://www.wgbh.org/news/local-news/2022/09/16/one-migrant-says-he-felt-deceived-by-events-that-led-to-his-arrival-on-marthas-vineyard

The 28-year-old Venezuelan immigrant was one of almost 50 people flown by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to the Cape Cod island by charter plane on Wednesday, in a pointed political move.

“I feel — deceived. Deceived, and upset. They played with our feelings,” he told GBH News in a Spanish-language interview outside of St. Andrews Church in Edgartown. Plaza was in San Antonio, Texas, earlier this week with other recently arrived migrants when he was approached and offered a ride on the plane. According to numerous reports, the planes flew from Texas to Florida, then on to North Carolina and, finally, Martha’s Vineyard. 

“They offered to help me travel, to find lodging, and ... they tricked me,” Plaza said. NPR previously reported a woman identified as “Perla” was recruiting immigrants to get on the plane. Nonprofit publication San Antonio Report reported Thursday that a 27-year-old immigrant claims he was paid $200 in cash by “Perla” to convince people standing outside San Antonio’s migrant resource center to board the flight.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/09/17/migrants-say-they-are-grateful-to-florida-gov-desantis-for-sending-them-to-marthas-vineyard/amp/

If this Perla person is real I will agree this is dishonest, but when your quoted article states "Plaza said he was transported under false pretenses and was told he’d be going to either Missouri, Washington or Oregon." It sounds like he was told you will flown away from here and jumped on the plane. MO is not even close to the other two. But that is the first article with actual quotes I have seen from the people, not politician 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna36931

which story are you more upset about? 

now why don’t dems do something about immigration?

Great whatabout topic for the immigration thread. Let’s keep this one on track about DeSantis and his illegal activity.

5 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/09/17/migrants-say-they-are-grateful-to-florida-gov-desantis-for-sending-them-to-marthas-vineyard/amp/

If this Perla person is real I will agree this is dishonest, but when your quoted article states "Plaza said he was transported under false pretenses and was told he’d be going to either Missouri, Washington or Oregon." It sounds like he was told you will flown away from here and jumped on the plane. MO is not even close to the other two. But that is the first article with actual quotes I have seen from the people, not politician 

The only quote in your article from one of the political pawns was:

“The life there is good,” said Eliud Alguilar, a 27-year-old from Venezuela in an interview with The Post, referring to a military base where he and the 49 other migrants were sent by Massachusetts authorities after they landed in Martha’s Vineyard this week. “They treat us well, they provided us with food and medical assistance. We are all well.” 

I didn’t see a single quote saying they’re happy DeSantis sent them to MV.

Price tag has come out as well. $615,000, or about $13,000 per person. They should have checked Travelocity for plane tickets.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2022/09/16/desantis-administration-paid-615000-aviation-company-relocate-unauthorized-aliens/

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Great whatabout topic for the immigration thread. Let’s keep this one on track about DeSantis and his illegal activity.

“The life there is good,” said Eliud Alguilar, a 27-year-old from Venezuela in an interview with The Post, referring to a military base where he and the 49 other migrants were sent by Massachusetts authorities after they landed in Martha’s Vineyard this week. “They treat us well, they provided us with food and medical assistance. We are all well.” 

I pulled first article when I googled it, but saying "life there is good" to me is saying you are happy there, what does it mean to you?

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I pulled first article when I googled it, but saying "life there is good" to me is saying you are happy there, what does it mean to you?

To me it means they like the military base, not how they got there.

For example, if you fly to Punta Cana on Spirit airlines and you get to your resort, you’ll probably say life is good…. Even though you just went through hell of Spirit airlines.

13 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Price tag has come out as well. $615,000, or about $13,000 per person. They should have checked Travelocity for plane tickets.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2022/09/16/desantis-administration-paid-615000-aviation-company-relocate-unauthorized-aliens/

I see the dems inaction on the border as indefensible and abhorrent. They put Harris in charge who says the border is secure and just fine. Meanwhile record numbers dead coming across. But please get mad and keep calling republicans racist for simply trying to get some action done on securing the border.  Dems hold power across the government and have done nothing but scream racism any time any body brings up the problems. 

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I see the dems inaction on the border as indefensible and abhorrent. They put Harris in charge who says the border is secure and just fine. Meanwhile record numbers dead coming across. But please get mad and keep calling republicans racist for simply trying to get some action done on securing the border.  Dems hold power across the government and have done nothing but scream racism any time any body brings up the problems. 

Moving this to the proper discussion board. Let’s keep this thread about DeSantis and his illegal actions.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  They're not illegal. 

Great ! Let’s get your answer on the legal issue:

The law states they need to come from Florida. You are probably geographically challenged,  but Texas and Florida are not the same state.

Book-FDOT-Letter-DeSantis-1205x1536.jpg

The answer to question 2, please provide authority or legal opinion that was used to permit state funds to be expended in transporting people from Texas, as the plain reading of HB5001 clearly authorized only “unauthorized aliens from this state.”

So Doc, please let us know how:

1. Texas is Florida and that state law allowed the removal of unauthorized aliens from FL, not TX.

2. Asylum seekers are unauthorized aliens under FL law.

Unless TX is FL and asylum seekers are unauthorized  aliens under FL law, DeSantis misappropriated $615,000 of FL taxpayer funds for his political stunt.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

The law states they need to come from Florida. You are probably geographically challenged,  but Texas and Florida are not the same state.

The answer to question 2, please provide authority or legal opinion that was used to permit state funds to be expended in transporting people from Texas, as the plain reading of HB5001 clearly authorized only “unauthorized aliens from this state.”

1. Texas is Florida and that state law allowed the removal of unauthorized aliens from FL, not TX.

Unless TX is FL and asylum seekers are unauthorized  aliens under FL law, DeSantis misappropriated $615,000 of FL taxpayer funds for his political stunt.

Good, hope he continues...outside of you libtards the rest of the normal country is sick and tired of the

illegal alien invasion.

Worst case scenario is DeSantis has to pay $615k from his $200million campaign chest? Any argument from a moral standpoint is dishonest because it was the same thing Biden has done for 18 months without a peep, so it is clearly legal from a federal standpoint, unless the argument is that the morality and legality of the actions depends on the political persuasion of the person enacting them. Also he quoted the jobs and housing from the mouths of the MV politicians, who seemed to freak out when actually asked to do what they promised. As I stated it was a political stunt, that might possibly cost him nationally, but he will still win Florida handily and he has bigger ambitions. 

5 hours ago, Albwan said:

Good, hope he continues...outside of you libtards the rest of the normal country is sick and tired of the

illegal alien invasion.

Lol party of personal responsibility and law enforcement here. You’re a joke.

5 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Worst case scenario is DeSantis has to pay $615k from his $200million campaign chest? Any argument from a moral standpoint is dishonest because it was the same thing Biden has done for 18 months without a peep, so it is clearly legal from a federal standpoint, unless the argument is that the morality and legality of the actions depends on the political persuasion of the person enacting them. Also he quoted the jobs and housing from the mouths of the MV politicians, who seemed to freak out when actually asked to do what they promised. As I stated it was a political stunt, that might possibly cost him nationally, but he will still win Florida handily and he has bigger ambitions. 

We’d have to look up the statute but usually fraud isn’t just pay it back and you’re good to go. If you go Rob a bank of $615,000 and get caught do they say just pay us back and everything is good? 

We’d have to look up the statute but usually fraud isn’t just pay it back and you’re good to go. If you go Rob a bank of $615,000 and get caught do they say just pay us back and everything is good? 

You really gonna fight to take that title from Billstime as most pedantic, illogical, and political biased poster on here? Read what you wrote and tell me the chance you put on it happening that he is actually charged with fraud or anything worse than his campaign has to repay the state, which happens quite often with sitting politicians. 

22 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

You really gonna fight to take that title from Billstime as most pedantic, illogical, and political biased poster on here? Read what you wrote and tell me the chance you put on it happening that he is actually charged with fraud or anything worse than his campaign has to repay the state, which happens quite often with sitting politicians. 

Enforce the laws on the books, right? Hypocrite much?

Outside of that, if the campaign is the one who does it, then we have private citizens acting. Noted liberal Ted Cruz has come out on noted left-wing media host Sean Hanety and said what they did is illegal.

“Let’s say I went down to the border and I brought a big truck with me, and I picked up a bunch of illegal immigrants, and I started transporting them across the country,” Hannity said. “Would I or would I not likely be arrested for human trafficking and would it be illegal to do that for me, if I did that?”

Cruz was clear in his response: “For you, a citizen, you could easily be arrested”

So we either get DeSantis fraudulently misappropriated FL funds for his own gains or the DeSantis admin human trafficked per Ted Cruz.