Jump to content

ESPN - AFC East QBs offer promise, but Buffalo Bills are clear 2021 favorite


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Play much better than Allen did his rookie year where he was far below average. Why is it not possible Tua will get better just as Josh did?

I was never a big Tua fan and he may have already hit his ceiling due to average or below average arm strength. But no one really knows. 

Everyone knew Allen was rough coming in, but he had size, mobility, and a cannon for an arm. Tell me what traits Tua has that would make you think he's going to be a superstar.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Play much better than Allen did his rookie year where he was far below average. Why is it not possible Tua will get better just as Josh did?

I was never a big Tua fan and he may have already hit his ceiling due to average or below average arm strength. But no one really knows. 

You should be ashamed of youself for this comment. Allen was the whole team that year. Not sure why you say this being a fan that would know the joke of WR's he had that year that couldn't catch a cold. OL was bad also, but no where even remotely close to how bad the WR's were. They were the worst group I think I've ever seen, especially forthe Bills. Allen made many great plays by himself because he had to. Tua last season most certainly had a much better surrounding cast than Allen did his rookie year.

 

How you cannot take that into account as a huge factor is mind blowing. 

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tua's a joke, Wilson will be a joke unless they baby him, Jones I think will fit what BB and McDaniels like to do more than Cam and he will takeover, but they will take some wins on Cam's legs the Oline and Defense first to keep defenses from having tape on Jones then when Cam gets hurt later in the season they will transfer over.

 

The Dolphins have a good roster but Tua limits them so unless we beat ourselves im not worried.

 

The Jets need a least year before we even know what they have, I think Saleh will be good for them but he's gonna need at least 2 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

   Do they compromising pictures of him or something????

   Tua might not even be the starter much less on the team by 2024.

   High draft picks are great…… if they pan out.

 

Agreed on Tua him may not being a starter.  

As for the high draft picks, not necessarily a guarantee that Miami will hit on each and each player will develop

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, just1hugheser said:

Tua's a joke, Wilson will be a joke unless they baby him, Jones I think will fit what BB and McDaniels like to do more than Cam and he will takeover, but they will take some wins on Cam's legs the Oline and Defense first to keep defenses from having tape on Jones then when Cam gets hurt later in the season they will transfer over.

 

The Dolphins have a good roster but Tua limits them so unless we beat ourselves im not worried.

 

The Jets need a least year before we even know what they have, I think Saleh will be good for them but he's gonna need at least 2 years.

I don't think when it comes to Cam it may not even take an injury to make them decide to go with Jones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

How dare he insinuate that the Bills reign will someday end. 
 

 

That wasn’t the question.

 

20 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean that wasn't the question, it was who had a better out look for the next three years and everyone else acknowledged the obvious the Bills having hit on QB and a good HC are the clear front runners in that debate. Patriots are probably 2nd with a proven HC.

 

Nailed it.  Only a buffoon looks at the current situations in Buffalo and Miami and concludes Miami will be “the team to beat” in 2024.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well thanks to the OP and ESPN for a nice off-season article to remind me once again that our Bills are finally good again that I can read whilst I’m on the commode doing my business.  Uh oh I think my legs fell asleep. Been on it a little too long again.  

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

What has Tua done that would make anyone think he's going to be elite? He's average in every category. 

Average? Is he average in any category? I mean, he might get better but he looks like he'll be on a bench in due time.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s no comparison between Allen and Tua, but I will give Tua slack in he could (and that’s could not will) develop into an average or competent QB.  He’ll get anywhere near in the ballpark of Super Allen, but then Allen played with crap in WRs in 18, and improved in 19, and went into the stratosphere in 20.  I’ve never seen anyone else improve that much that fast.  It’s possible not probable Tua could be a 16-20 ranked QB in three years.

 

What would concern me is Tua has another meh year, and Miami goes all in on Watson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Bills are clearly the 2021 favorite, but the gap is closing faster than many may think.

 

- Tua will be improved this year and the Dolphins had a great draft. Tua has to be solid not great in that he's surrounded by talent 

 

- Jets will be better with Wilson and Gase is gone

 

- Once Jones takes over don't be surprised if the Pats go on a late season run

 

Also keep in mind that by 2024 Josh will have signed his 200M deal and the Bills could have to let alot of FA go.  So there will be a significant attrition of talent

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Play much better than Allen did his rookie year where he was far below average. Why is it not possible Tua will get better just as Josh did?

I was never a big Tua fan and he may have already hit his ceiling due to average or below average arm strength. But no one really knows. 

In comparison; Tua is physically weak compared to Allen, and lacks the confidence Allen so evidently has, he can’t stiff arm a D lineman or line backer like Allen can and does, he can’t face mask anyone, and use him as a shield, Tua, broken hip, broken ankle, and wrist twice, the kid is fragile, Tua can not generate useful velocity on his passes at virtually any distance, did I mention Tua is tiny and weak? 😂  All I can say to folk is dream on with the idea Tua is going to be an above average QB, game manager is his ceiling if he gets lucky. The above is but a small sampling of why Tua will be a back up QB or out of the league in four or five seasons, jmo, 😁

 

PS, did all y’all know that Tua is Ancient Greek for a small weak man… 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Bills are clearly the 2021 favorite, but the gap is closing faster than many may think.

 

- Tua will be improved this year and the Dolphins had a great draft. Tua has to be solid not great in that he's surrounded by talent 

 

- Jets will be better with Wilson and Gase is gone

 

- Once Jones takes over don't be surprised if the Pats go on a late season run

 

Also keep in mind that by 2024 Josh will have signed his 200M deal and the Bills could have to let alot of FA go.  So there will be a significant attrition of talent

Just a couple of questions about all of your points-what did the dolphins do in the draft that was “great?” I just looked at their picks and outside of the def lineman from Miami and none of those picks seem very “great”. Tua should be better but let’s be honest he couldn’t get much worse.

 

the Jets have a rookie head coach and Wilson put together one good season-not sure he can do much that Darnold can’t do.

 

and it’s going to be a rookie QB in New England that takes them on a run??

 

I’m not saying the Bills will definitely go 6-0 again in the division, but there’s a lot of worst case scenario (from the Bills perspective) in your post and not a ton of realistic expectations for those teams 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Just a couple of questions about all of your points-what did the dolphins do in the draft that was “great?” I just looked at their picks and outside of the def lineman from Miami and none of those picks seem very “great”. Tua should be better but let’s be honest he couldn’t get much worse.

 

the Jets have a rookie head coach and Wilson put together one good season-not sure he can do much that Darnold can’t do.

 

[b]and it’s going to be a rookie QB in New England that takes them on a run??[/b]

 

I’m not saying the Bills will definitely go 6-0 again in the division, but there’s a lot of worst case scenario (from the Bills perspective) in your post and not a ton of realistic expectations for those teams 

 

So rookie QBs can't string together some games now? He said a late run, I don't think he was talking about a SB or AFC champion.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

 

So rookie QBs can't string together some games now? He said a late run, I don't think he was talking about a SB or AFC champion.

 

 

 

Yes, that’s exactly what I said-rookie QBs never string together some games 🙄

that’s a veteran team in New England with a pretty poor receiving corps, I’m not sure a rookie QB is what boosts them this year. Doesn’t mean the Pats won’t win a couple of games towards the end (or whenever he becomes the starter) but it won’t be because of Jones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Yes, that’s exactly what I said-rookie QBs never string together some games 🙄

that’s a veteran team in New England with a pretty poor receiving corps, I’m not sure a rookie QB is what boosts them this year. Doesn’t mean the Pats won’t win a couple of games towards the end (or whenever he becomes the starter) but it won’t be because of Jones

 

 

First off, if your coaching staff puts you QB in the right situation why couldn't they succeed? 

 

Their TEs are better and WRs are better.

 

Line is better..I guess Josh McDaniels won't know how to scheme the offense to play to their strengths.

 

And he said a late run which could mean something as little of winning 10 games, a playoff spot.. he was being fai, but you're acting like he was talking about  a SB or something 

Edited by Ghost_002!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

 

 

First off, if your coaching staff puts you QB in the right situation why couldn't they succeed? 

 

Their TEs are better and WRs are better.

 

Line is better..I guess Josh McDaniels won't know how to scheme the offense to play to their strengths.

I never said he couldn’t succeed, I said the games they win will not be because of Jones.

their tight ends are better, but they better be for all of the money they are paying those 2 guys. I don’t believe their receivers are better though. Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne? That’s what makes them

better? No defense is losing sleep trying to defend those 2 guys.

I would be shocked if they win more than 8 games, and if they do it won’t be because of their rookie QB-it will be because of their defense and coaching 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I never said he couldn’t succeed, I said the games they win will not be because of Jones.

their tight ends are better, but they better be for all of the money they are paying those 2 guys. I don’t believe their receivers are better though. Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne? That’s what makes them

better? No defense is losing sleep trying to defend those 2 guys.

I would be shocked if they win more than 8 games, and if they do it won’t be because of their rookie QB-it will be because of their defense and coaching 

 

 

Their wide outs aren't better than what they had last year? And they won 7 games.

 

Defense will be better (much better probably will be one of the better ones in the NFL, especially if Gilmore stays), and they are only going to be one game better in you opinion than last year? Ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

 

 

Their wide outs aren't better than what they had last year? And they won 7 games.

 

Defense will be better (much better probably will be one of the better ones in the NFL, especially if Gilmore stays), and they are only going to be one game better in you opinion than last year? Ok.

I get that you have a fear of the Patriots, but you look at those WR and think that group has improved? How? Also, their QBs are Cam and a rookie-how much of a jump are you expecting them to make? Are you expecting double digit wins from them? 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I get that you have a fear of the Patriots, but you look at those WR and think that group has improved? How? Also, their QBs are Cam and a rookie-how much of a jump are you expecting them to make? Are you expecting double digit wins from them? 

Yeah I don't see them doing anything more than last season. I think they will maybe win 7 games again, give or take a game. Maybe get to 8 wins. Guess you could call that an improvement.....lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I don't think when it comes to Cam it may not even take an injury to make them decide to go with Jones.

 

 

Definitely agree, just thought from a strategic standpoint if they think they can still get a couple wins with cam under center using primarily their oline/run game and defense that way teams dont have as much to work with a far as Jones goes and I figure BB for taking any edge he can get.  But they might just decide cam is too much of a liability and they go with Jones either way I hope BB retires soon and McDaniels either leaves or flops as his replacement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...