I’m Vacationing in Florida In Expensive, High End Hotel

Pre-Biden they used to clean your room daily in the hotel.  Now they have nobody to work.  Room hasn’t been cleaned in a week.  Free money keeping workers at home.  What a mess Biden has created.  Sad what our country has become in such a short time with Squad telling Senile Joe what to do.  Pathetic.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Irv changed the title to I’m Vacationing in Florida In Expensive, High End Hotel

The free money in Florida ended like 3 to 4 weeks ago. Wages could be the issue.

You could probably find a meth-head out front to do it. No shortage of them down there.

Perhaps the staff was sent home because the building isn’t safe and no one told you?

Edited by Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Irv said:

Pre-Biden they used to clean your room daily in the hotel.  Now they have nobody to work.  Room hasn’t been cleaned in a week.  Free money keeping workers at home.  What a mess Biden has created.  Sad what our country has become in such a short time with Squad telling Senile Joe what to do.  Pathetic.  

Florida ended its federal unemployment benefits a week ago.  You may want to try a different hotel or keep yelling at the clouds.

• Haha (+1) 4

Where’s housekeeping? Hotels cutting back on daily cleaning after pandemic

Some workers not called back full-time as hotels skip daily cleaning of rooms — ‘It’s a double whammy’ for the ‘exact same communities that have been hurt and most affected by the pandemic,’ union official says

Hotels have cut back on daily room cleanings, which means many housekeepers remain on call. Because of this, a union that represents hotel service workers is sounding an alarm and saying that nearly 40% of hotel-housekeeping jobs — more than 180,000 — are in danger of being permanently eliminated.

Executives of some of the nation’s biggest hotel chains, including Hilton HLT, +2.58%, Marriott MAR, +1.45% and Hyatt H, +0.84%, have signaled that pandemic-induced changes may become the norm. Some of those changes could result in fewer hotel employees and diminished offerings for hotel customers, including room cleaning, room service, complimentary breakfasts and other food service.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wheres-housekeeping-hotels-cutting-back-on-daily-cleaning-after-pandemic-11625159416

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, ALF said:

Where’s housekeeping? Hotels cutting back on daily cleaning after pandemic

Some workers not called back full-time as hotels skip daily cleaning of rooms — ‘It’s a double whammy’ for the ‘exact same communities that have been hurt and most affected by the pandemic,’ union official says

Hotels have cut back on daily room cleanings, which means many housekeepers remain on call. Because of this, a union that represents hotel service workers is sounding an alarm and saying that nearly 40% of hotel-housekeeping jobs — more than 180,000 — are in danger of being permanently eliminated.

Executives of some of the nation’s biggest hotel chains, including Hilton HLT, +2.58%, Marriott MAR, +1.45% and Hyatt H, +0.84%, have signaled that pandemic-induced changes may become the norm. Some of those changes could result in fewer hotel employees and diminished offerings for hotel customers, including room cleaning, room service, complimentary breakfasts and other food service.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wheres-housekeeping-hotels-cutting-back-on-daily-cleaning-after-pandemic-11625159416

Yeah I told my coworkers that prices are gonna stay the same but all the extras will disappear. The franchises are cheap as hell

On 7/2/2021 at 5:46 PM, Irv said:

Awwww....not enough workers slaving away to keep you satisfied in your high end hotel. Poor f’n baby 

I’ll cry you a river later 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Awwww....not enough workers slaving away to keep you satisfied in your high end hotel. Poor f’n baby 

I’ll cry you a river later 

You did see the point of 180k jobs being permanently eliminated. I know that does not bother you and your ilk, but  I will cry a river for those folks once the free money runs out. 

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

You did see the point of 180k jobs being permanently eliminated. I know that does not bother you and your ilk, but  I will cry a river for those folks once the free money runs out. 

That’s Biden’s fault? How?