Non-biased, well thought out comparison of Bills & Chiefs from KC fans perspective.

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As explained by me.........the Bucs were pretty one dimensional offensively last year.    

They won the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs were one-dimensional the year before.

They won the Super Bowl.

So the past 2 SB champs prove that you and "another poster" are wrong.

Both the Bucs and Chiefs include the TE as an actual weapon in their O and not an after thought which makes the Bills even more one dimensional. We're not talking about what works best for the GOAT. Better ball distributation to more weapons forces the opposition to game plan and play call accordingly.

The Chiefs Teed off on our WR's because its all they had to worry about IMO...

( Andy Reid knows when and how to run the football )

On a side note Tom Brady has won 7 Championships. 6 under a HC that understood the importance of a good run game. The same could be said about Saban/ Alabama at the college level.

Edited by Figster
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I stated later that Kelce is superior to Knox, and there is no doubt about it. I just have concerns elsewhere on our team, which I am happy to see them address this in the draft with the selections of Rousseau & Basham.

I also believe that Knox will get better. He has gotten better every year, albeit slowly.

I really and truly hope so.  I like the kid but the drops have got to stop.  NOW!

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

And every other TE in the league.....point being that Knox does not have to be Kelce good in order to be a good player for us......

I would settle for dependable

Not really EVERY other TE but I get what you are saying, Kelce is heads and shoulders above most.  Dependable would be splendid, actually beyond splendid.....I sure hope he takes good notes at he TE school......I really want him to be good, I just hate that he is so....whats the word?  UNdependable!

3 hours ago, Kwai San said:

I really and truly hope so.  I like the kid but the drops have got to stop.  NOW!

Not really EVERY other TE but I get what you are saying, Kelce is heads and shoulders above most.  Dependable would be splendid, actually beyond splendid.....I sure hope he takes good notes at he TE school......I really want him to be good, I just hate that he is so....whats the word?  UNdependable!

Undependable is about the worst description you could give what is traditionally called a TE security blanket for the QB.

I agree with the description.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2021 at 8:00 AM, Bobby Hooks said:

Just thought I’d stop by and say I really like the Bills too. And as a member with over 80 mug of beer reactions that might be thread worthy. 

Only in your case it’s light beer LMAFAOOAOFMAMAOOO!!!

7 hours ago, Kwai San said:

The drops were stopping during the second half of the season and the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The drops were stopping during the second half of the season and the playoffs.

They were becoming fewer....but they didn't stop.  A step in the right direction for sure though.  All I want is for him to get better and become that safety valve for JA17.

17 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

They were becoming fewer....but they didn't stop.  A step in the right direction for sure though.  All I want is for him to get better and become that safety valve for JA17.

This is where the addition of Hollister will help. We could have a very good duo at Tight End.

15 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

This is where the addition of Hollister will help. We could have a very good duo at Tight End.

Mr. Vader - I certainly do hope you are right....I think/hope the instant chemistry with Hollister along with the improvement of Knox will indeed lead the long suffering TE-less fans in Buffalo to happiness!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/27/2021 at 2:44 PM, Mr. WEO said:

To ignore, is to deprive oneself of basic pleasures of being here.

My disagreement was pretty straightforward--it hardly required an "all knowing" response.  Simple fact is that you chose a thread title that was immediately proven inaccurate by your own first post.  It's ok for anyone to point that out.

I'm smiling still.....

You have a very loose definition of proven. .. the whole conversation is opinion .. both the KC guys and all of the TBD posters. This may come as a shock to you, but while your opinion is interesting it is not law. I did not in my first post say anything that contradicted my title of the thread. In the post I stated that I believe Pat Mahomes is in fact a more proven commodity than Josh.  You can disagree with that if you would like, but the fan bases of most other teams would agree. Hopefully Josh strings some great seasons together and he is viewed as well of better than Mahommes, but at this point, it is still just a hope in my opinion. If you listened to the video they were talking more about the present than the playoff games, the board took it there. Having stated that while Josh did not cause the Bills to lose he still did not match Mahomes in that game so he played a part in the loss. No complaints from me .. he was a raw prospect who is developing into a stud, but that doesn't change the fact that he struggled somewhat in that game.

To summarize:

1) Your opinion does not prove a fact.

2) I still believe they were non-biased and had well thought out opinions

3) I am glad you are still smiling .. it is good for ones health (based on scientific studies .. not my opinion.

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

You have a very loose definition of proven. .. the whole conversation is opinion .. both the KC guys and all of the TBD posters. This may come as a shock to you, but while your opinion is interesting it is not law. I did not in my first post say anything that contradicted my title of the thread. In the post I stated that I believe Pat Mahomes is in fact a more proven commodity than Josh.  You can disagree with that if you would like, but the fan bases of most other teams would agree. Hopefully Josh strings some great seasons together and he is viewed as well of better than Mahommes, but at this point, it is still just a hope in my opinion. If you listened to the video they were talking more about the present than the playoff games, the board took it there. Having stated that while Josh did not cause the Bills to lose he still did not match Mahomes in that game so he played a part in the loss. No complaints from me .. he was a raw prospect who is developing into a stud, but that doesn't change the fact that he struggled somewhat in that game.

To summarize:

1) Your opinion does not prove a fact.

2) I still believe they were non-biased and had well thought out opinions

3) I am glad you are still smiling .. it is good for ones health (based on scientific studies .. not my opinion.

I'll say it again, I guess.  The fact that these guys think the gap between these two team is at QB is absolute proof that this is not a "non-biased" assessment by these.  The smallest gap between these two teams.....is at QB.  

Pretty simple.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'll say it again, I guess.  The fact that these guys think the gap between these two team is at QB is absolute proof that this is not a "non-biased" assessment by these.  The smallest gap between these two teams.....is at QB.  

Pretty simple.

In your opinion .. pretty simple.

24 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

In your opinion .. pretty simple.

Opinions can be misinformed and flat out wrong. They're not in some kind of imaginary safe zone.

Your thread is akin to a flat earth thread on a geography forum. You have no chance of convincing the other geographers that it's not stupid.

55 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Opinions can be misinformed and flat out wrong. They're not in some kind of imaginary safe zone.

Your thread is akin to a flat earth thread on a geography forum. You have no chance of convincing the other geographers that it's not stupid.

So what percentage of NFL executives does this learned group think would put Josh at the same exact level as Pat Mahomes who has performed at an elite level for 3 years, and while Josh has shown great growth he has really been elite for 1 year. I wanted them to draft Josh ... I supported him .. actually last year I was called a homer by WEO because I was defending Josh. It seems more like several of you are jumping ahead of where Josh is (maybe we can have Christian Wade knight him.   

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

So what percentage of NFL executives does this learned group think would put Josh at the same exact level as Pat Mahomes who has performed at an elite level for 3 years, and while Josh has shown great growth he has really been elite for 1 year. I wanted them to draft Josh ... I supported him .. actually last year I was called a homer by WEO because I was defending Josh. It seems more like several of you are jumping ahead of where Josh is (maybe we can have Christian Wade knight him.   

You just acknowledged that they're both currently elite.

Therefore, you've acknowledged that it's not as huge a gap as other parts of the teams.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

You just acknowledged that they're both currently elite.

Therefore, you've acknowledged that it's not as huge a gap as other parts of the teams.

I acknowledged that Mahommes has a track record of elite play, Josh has 1 year. Lamar Jackson had one elite year when he was MVP 2 years back .. would this board equate him to Mahommes? I won't respond anymore, so have at it .. best wishes to you .. and Go Bills.

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I acknowledged that Mahommes has a track record of elite play, Josh has 1 year. Lamar Jackson had one elite year when he was MVP 2 years back .. would this board equate him to Mahommes? I won't respond anymore, so have at it .. best wishes to you .. and Go Bills.

And if they played each other, the biggest gap still isn't at QB. You're argument doesn't match the point you made in your original post. It never has.

On 6/25/2021 at 11:01 AM, jletha said:

I would disagree that the largest gap is at QB. Allen was very close to Mahomes statistically last year and while I think Mahomes is better there are other positions with larger gaps. Particularly at TE. I think Kelce allows them to exploit defensive matchups that we cant because of his versatility. Beyond that their defensive line was much better than ours.

Im not sure if you swap Mahomes and Allen last season the result of the AFC Champ would be different.

Allen actually better statistically if u factor in rush TDs & yards.

20 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

And if they played each other, the biggest gap still isn't at QB. You're argument doesn't match the point you made in your original post. It never has.

Did he make a point in his OP or did he just regurgitate the sentiments of the guys in the video?  Or maybe your talking about a different post that he made?  I don’t see what anyone would have an issue with, regarding the OP.  He gave a recap.  

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Did he make a point in his OP or did he just regurgitate the sentiments of the guys in the video?  Or maybe your talking about a different post that he made?  I don’t see what anyone would have an issue with, regarding the OP.  He gave a recap.  

"Main gap between the two organizations from their perspective is Mahommes vs Allen"

Are you saying the OP hasn't supported that in their subsequent posts?