Non-biased, well thought out comparison of Bills & Chiefs from KC fans perspective.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You concluded that this is a "non-biased" and "well thought out" conclusion?

You're not serious...

It was a 20 minute segment .. in general I thought they presented interesting and well thought out points. I also thought that they were in general fair in their assessments (maybe I am jaded by how unbiased things can get here).  Do I personally think that the difference between Josh and Mahommes was the difference last year .. no, but many people could make an argument that Josh was not as strong as he had been throughout the year.  So to answer your question yes I am serious.

4 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

The other question is why does it bother you so much that some people overlook it? 

Does it really upset you that some Bills fans don’t think the chiefs are the greatest team to ever strap up? 

The Bucs played an outstanding game and the chiefs weren’t allowed to hold their receivers all game. Believe it or not they really were getting away with huge potentially game changing penalties all year long. 

The other question is why does it bother you so much that people get upset when people overlook the obvious fact that the Chiefs OL was completely decimated and outmatched, playing backups in positions that they don’t normally play while playing against one of the most talented defenses in the league? 

yes, they were getting away with penalties all season……because the referees were calling it that way all season….league wide. Not just for KC.  The refs swallowed their whistles and it made for a great season of football.  The best officiated season I can remember in the last 20+ years.  Then, in the SB, vs Brady, the refs said that they couldn’t play that way anymore…..regardless of the fact that they allowed them to “get away” with it all year.  I hate KC, but the refs called a terrible SB imo.  Consistency vs the key.  They weren’t consistent with the game that they called all year.  Some of the penalties they called at the end of the 1st qtr into the 2nd qtr turned the tide of the game.  Starting with the mathieu interception negated by a ward defensive holding, led to a TD.  After watching the breeland PI on evans 100+ times, I feel it was clearly incidental contact. Their feet got tangled up.  I don’t see it any other way.  A 21-6 halftime lead thanks to 2 awful (imo) penalties.  

The chiefs JV OL vs TB beast front 4 + refs + TB out coaching KC = ball game imo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Please, they had the same O-line (except for Fisher) they had in the AFC Championship game

Except that's not true.  They didn't just substitute a backup swing tackle for Fisher.  They moved their RT to LT, their LG to RT, and substituted a backup player at LG.  So 3 / 5 of the line playing different positions.

It makes a difference.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except that's not true.  They didn't just substitute a backup swing tackle for Fisher.  They moved their RT to LT, their LG to RT, and substituted a backup player at LG.  So 3 / 5 of the line playing different positions.

It makes a difference.

Absolutely.  3 guys playing out of position.  3 backups…..playing out of position vs a beastly DL

7 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Not sure I understand this.  The Chefs didn’t seem to have a huge issue with it last season and the Bills didn’t add any firepower of note.  Sanders for Brown, a late round rookie WR and a back up TE  Someone might develop or they might be healthier, but neither is guaranteed.  

Hoping the Bills can add Ertz, if healthy or even at 80% of what he was he offers that extra punch this offense needs.

7 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Not sure I understand this.  The Chefs didn’t seem to have a huge issue with it last season and the Bills didn’t add any firepower of note.  Sanders for Brown, a late round rookie WR and a back up TE  Someone might develop or they might be healthier, but neither is guaranteed.  

So you don’t expect growth with Allen and your WR core or any improvement in your running game? 

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

So you don’t expect growth with Allen and your WR core or any improvement in your running game? 

Most fans will assume that the only direction for their team and individual players to go is up.  But for some reason that’s not something they assume for the other 31 teams and their players.  Ultimately wins and losses is a net zero game across the league.

Nearly the same WR, TE and RB corps and the same OL and not really anyone I see taking a big step forward.  Certainly no big additions with high expectations.  Maybe a depth WR could emerge and become a quality starter, but I’m not banking on that.  So, no, I do not see any reason to expect improvement in the receiving or running games.  Do I hope for that and for even better results than last season?  Sure.  But that’s my heart - not my brain - talking.

Plus there’s one more factor - overall the Bills were pretty lucky last season from a health standpoint.  Again, I hope for the best this season, but I know what the odds are. 

On 6/25/2021 at 10:51 AM, CorkScrewHill said:

Only the first 20 minutes are related to KC vs Buffalo

Feel Buffalo is the biggest threat to KC. Think the Bills coaching in particular is strong though out-coached in the two games last year. Main gap between the two organizations from their perspective is Mahommes vs Allen though the love Allen and think his continued growth could further level the playing field.

If they weren't in the AFC they would love to root for the Bills .. they love the team.

The differance is Kelce.  He slaughters man to man and finds the hole in the zone.  Buffalo needs to play zone and get pressure with 4.  Rousseau and Basham are here for that reason.

5 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

It was a 20 minute segment .. in general I thought they presented interesting and well thought out points. I also thought that they were in general fair in their assessments (maybe I am jaded by how unbiased things can get here).  Do I personally think that the difference between Josh and Mahommes was the difference last year .. no, but many people could make an argument that Josh was not as strong as he had been throughout the year.  So to answer your question yes I am serious.

If they conclude that the biggest gap between these 2 teams is the QB,  their analysis has zero credibility, except as a biased screed.

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

What? No. They had to shuffle the entire deck…. What game were you watching? 

And I agree with your guess… if the Chiefs were healthy upfront they win the game. They weren’t, and it was the difference in the game. It might’ve been the worst offensive line performance in the history of the SB.

Ummm, Steve Grogan is on the line and would like to discuss his OL’s performance against the ‘85 Bears. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transient said:

Ummm, Steve Grogan is on the line and would like to discuss his OL’s performance against the ‘85 Bears. 

Funny!  But that would be Tony “The Turtle” Eason whose career IMO was destroyed by that game! What’s sad is the Pats had a HOFer in Hannah playing on the line that game. 

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Funny!  But that would be Tony “The Turtle” Eason whose career IMO was destroyed by that game! What’s sad is the Pats had a HOFer in Hannah playing on the line that game. 

I just remember thinking there was a good chance that Grogan’s head would be ripped from his giraffe neck if he wasn’t careful. 

On 6/25/2021 at 11:34 AM, sven233 said:

Honestly, I thought the biggest gap last season between the Bills and Chiefs had little to do with the players and more with the coaching.  Frasier and McDermott had pretty much the exact opposite game plan at stopping the Chiefs than I would have gone in with. 

I was fully expecting bracket coverage on Kelce and Hill forcing the Chiefs to find someone else to beat them but instead they tried playing their traditional zone man scheme that they run a lot of the time and that is not the way you are going to beat that team.  It won't work because Mahomes is too goof off script and those guys will eventually find holes in the coverage and beat you for big plays.  Happened the entire game and they never adjusted. 

I'm not saying what I was wanting to do would have worked, but it should have been tried since after the first couple of possessions it was obvious their scheme was not going to work.  Through this poor defensive scheme, on top of a very lackluster offensive scheme that looked nothing like the offensive approach the team had used for most of the season, I truly believe that coaching was the biggest difference, not the players.

While I agree that there is a huge differential in coaching, I disagree on some points. 

Last season in that first game the Bills tried to play off of the KC receivers and the Chiefs ran the ball down the Bills throats. RB Hilaire, 26 carries for 161 yards. The Bills held their main WR Tyreek Hill to 3 catches for 20 yards. TE Kelce had 5 catches for 65 yards and 2 TDs. Loss 26-17.

In the AFC Championship game is was very different as the Chiefs played their very best game in the previous two months... the Bills played their worst. 

The Bills settled for four FGs because they couldn't punch it into the end zone on those drives. 12 points vs 28. 

Both defenses were middle of the pack and KC really turned it on against the Bills by sacking Allen 4x and in his face for most of the game. KC 10 QB hits vs only 3 on Mahomes. 

There was also another factor in that the Chiefs DBs were holding like crazy. Even the announcer Tony Romo stated that the Chiefs were utilizing a "sticky defense" against Buffalo. Something they didn't get away with against the Bucs in the SB.  Not to mention that all the Bills receivers were playing with injuries. I also wonder if the KC O line was also getting away with holding as Hughes only had one sack and one QB hit. 

Also, for whatever reason the Buffalo offense that had been destroying opposing defenses suddenly fell on its face in the playoffs.

The last three regular season games the Buffalo offense scored 48-19 against Denver. 38-9 against New England. 56-26 against Miami.

Then in the playoffs, 27-24 against the Colts, 17-3 against the Ravens while the offense only scored 10 points in this game. Against KC 24-38. 

That #2 overall Buffalo offense didn't fare so well in the playoffs in 2020. I gotta wonder if those HCing interviews for other teams interfered with Bills OCs game planning. Not working the run game much...forcing the QB to carry the team. Yeah, coaching...Andy Reid. JMO

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2021 at 11:26 AM, H2o said:

Ref: "I told you the check cleared this morning and we weren't going to call PI, or Defensive Holding, and let your guys get away with a few cheap shots"

BB19Sbri.img?h=0&w=600&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&

Dude ya, F'ing Romo's 'Sticky Coverage' the only sort of solace was that the exact same thing happened to them when the played Brady in the Super Bowl.

Suprise NFL wanted Mahomes/Reid/KC over Allen/McDermott/Buffalo and then they wanted Brady to get it especially at home in his first season away from NE.  It's revolting especially since if they hadnt done anything the results probably would have been the same but even more exciting.

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

What? No. They had to shuffle the entire deck…. What game were you watching? 

And I agree with your guess… if the Chiefs were healthy upfront they win the game. They weren’t, and it was the difference in the game. It might’ve been the worst offensive line performance in the history of the SB.

I'm not disagreeing with you that it was a contributing factor in the game. However, playing different positions or not, they still had 4 of their five starting linemen on the field. Not ideal, I agree, but also the nature of todays NFL. That was the worst offensive performance I had seen from the chiefs in a long time. You certainly can argue that it was a direct result of the line play, and you may be right. IMO, that alone does not account for vast difference in performances against the same team from Week 12 to the SB. We can agree to disagree :beer:

On 6/25/2021 at 11:05 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Ok, read the title. Non biased, and from a KC fan perspective?

im out.

Yep.

I’ve shirked my Mod duties on this thread til now based entirely on this narrative. My excuse being these types of threads don’t typically devolve into mud slinging/politics/race/vaccination, etc., and this indeed holds true to form. Granted, I’m slow (old?) to catch on to this new media venue where ‘nobodies’ chime in from their Mom’s basement and somehow find a nitch  following. 

Finally ventured in with my Sunday a.m. coffee and it’s exactly as I expected. Given the egregious alternatives lately, I’m all about fluff pieces -just NOT from other teams. If Sullivan can’t get a real job, why do these neighborhood junkies think they can.

Ill temper this salty entry with a thought; perhaps we (TSW) should create one..🤔 Hell, everyone else is..

How ‘bout a 3-Man team featuring @BADOLBILZ, @Mr. WEO & @ScottLaw??? Despite their ‘cantankeous’ nature, they ARE Bills fans..

Gold. Pure GOLD!😉😂 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 6/25/2021 at 4:01 PM, ScottLaw said:

The Chiefs punted once all game…. And dominated the Bills in both match ups last season…. The refs didn’t help but the better team clearly won both games. 

Chiefs just have a more talented starting roster top to bottom…. That could change with a few players developing into elite players this year. 

Two things

If we could have ran the ball at all last year I still think that would’ve helped us in both of these games against the Chiefs

In the AFC championship game or wide receivers we’re all hurt and being held all game

I think if our office can be more balanced this year when it needs to be as in times like this we have a much better chance obviously our defense Hass to be better