Non-biased, well thought out comparison of Bills & Chiefs from KC fans perspective.

3 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Visiting their board they have to be the most unlikable fans in the league. 

3 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I never had anything against them until recently. Their fanbase has flowered into an absolutely loathsome group. 

You’d never hear anything from them until they started winning. Now they’re in every comment section worldwide spitting their tactless garbage mouths off at the slightest hint of someone saying something remotely positive about their own team.  They simply can’t stomach someone saying anything about another team without mentioning how good KC is. 

My point is this, I always thought the Pats fans were the worst In terms of arrogance. They actually had decades worth of winning and excellence to draw from, and seeing now what a few seasons worth of excellent football can do to a fanbase I’m thinking they weren’t actually all that bad. 

They really are the worst. Very unlikeable bunch. And I guess they fit their team. A ton of unlikeable players they root for.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

If “loving sports” is sitting here debating  all the ways the Chiefs are better than the Bills I guess I don’t love it. 

Doesn’t seem fun or entertaining at all. Sounds less fun than watching an afc championship game where the refs allowed KCs defensive backs to hold our receivers every single play under the guise of “sticky coverage.” 

This is just one way, not the only way.

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

out bid

Brady was the bigger darling

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

They faced "The Golden Boy"

I find this very easy to believe.

Green Bay got screwed in the NFC Championship game.

• Agree 2

I just thought that they were better balanced we we’re very much in one dimensional last year and the Chiefs can either throw or Run which makes Mahomes even more dangerous as soon as KC started taking on injuries like we did in the AFC championship game they got their ass beat by the bucks

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

The biggest difference is that the Chief's defensive backs were able to mug our WR and the referees allowed it.  The refs were corrected for the SB and they lost.

Not to mention that nearly every wide receiver we had in the AFC championship game was hurt the combination of the non-called holding and the injuries and are in ability to run the ball all came in to play we have to be able to run the ball this year

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Chiefs punted once all game…. And dominated the Bills in both match ups last season…. The refs didn’t help but the better team clearly won both games. 

Chiefs just have a more talented starting roster top to bottom…. That could change with a few players developing into elite players this year. 

not saying you are wrong, but I believe the officiating in game 2 was really critical. The Bills should have but didn’t reciprocate by grabbing and holding in the same way on defense. I get why they didn’t— when you are trained to play within the rules, you just don’t or can’t easily deviate.

But I will say that in the AFCCG, the Bills just got flat outcoached. The schemes on both sides of the ball were totally wrong. Daboll seemed like he was probably too distracted with interviewing— but that offensive game plan was really dreadful. I believe the talent gap isn’t as wide— but the coaching has to be a lot better. 

11 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Only the first 20 minutes are related to KC vs Buffalo

Feel Buffalo is the biggest threat to KC. Think the Bills coaching in particular is strong though out-coached in the two games last year. Main gap between the two organizations from their perspective is Mahommes vs Allen though the love Allen and think his continued growth could further level the playing field.

If they weren't in the AFC they would love to root for the Bills .. they love the team.

I’d agree KC has the edge at QB but more because the man can make a throw in almost any position.  

I would also say their running game LAST  year was also a lot more reliable.

I disagree about HC, sorry but Reid always pees down his leg in big games when facing an equal to better HC.  I mean they should have lost to a piss poor NE team last year but they lucked out and got the worse QB since 1989 in a Pats uniform starting. (Face palm taking a sack with no time outs and 6 seconds on the clock in range for a tying FG) 

this year should be interesting, will Buffalo be able get pressure on the revamped O line of KC?

Will KC be able to stop all the firepower the Bills have?

my gutt says Bills win the game in the regular season because I see McDermott fixing the D more than I see Reid fixing his D which has been mediocre for years. 

7 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I never had anything against them until recently. Their fanbase has flowered into an absolutely loathsome group. 

You’d never hear anything from them until they started winning. Now they’re in every comment section worldwide spitting their tactless garbage mouths off at the slightest hint of someone saying something remotely positive about their own team.  They simply can’t stomach someone saying anything about another team without mentioning how good KC is. 

My point is this, I always thought the Pats fans were the worst In terms of arrogance. They actually had decades worth of winning and excellence to draw from, and seeing now what a few seasons worth of excellent football can do to a fanbase I’m thinking they weren’t actually all that bad. 

You’re not wrong here. By the end of the season, when Allen was really on a tear and in the national spotlight, anytime somebody had the audacity to hint that his numbers said he was playing around mahomes level on TV or social media you woulda thought Josh Allen himself had punched their dog in the face and stolen all their first born children…. “How dare anyone mention any other QB other than Mahomes is playing at an elite level! The nerve of some people!”

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, MJS said:

But honestly, the Chiefs were just firing on all cylinders, something they had not been doing the previous handful of weeks, and the Bills were not firing on all cylinders. Could have been a very different game. But I do think the Chiefs are better than the Bills.

There were so many variables that went into deciding the outcome of that game - and sometimes one team is just, as you say, "firing on all cylinders" and the other team is not. That happens. Everyone wants talk about what the Buc's defense did to the Chiefs in the SB. They seem to forget how Mahomes and the Chiefs rolled up almost 600 yards of offense against that very same defense in a Week 12 win at Tampa Bay. Did the Buc's defense improve that drastically from Week 12 to the SB? Not really. It was just their day.

The Chiefs were a better team than the Bills last year, but the Bills were a better team than how they played in the Conference Championship game. 

Hopefully, the Bills are the better team this year...and play like it when it counts

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Cusefan66214 said:

Pat mahomes is a literal god to the people of Kansas City. He can do no wrong by them. Comparisons to any other QB are laughable and will get you assaulted if you say otherwise.

I love living in KC but I get dumped on alot for being a proud Bills fan. I get mocked all the time for wearing my Allen jersey

My experience as a new Kansas Citian is very different.  I wear my Bills gear proudly, flaunt my Bills iPhone case, and have Bills stickers on my cars.  So far, this has done nothing but stirred some friendly conversations about football.  The Chief fans I've run into are much like Bills fans.  They're appreciative of their coach and QB, but also see the flaws in their team.  They also, btw, see the Bills as a real threat to future SB runs.  They know Allen is better than he appeared in the game against them.  

23 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Main gap between the two organizations from their perspective is Mahommes vs Allen

You concluded that this is a "non-biased" and "well thought out" conclusion?

You're not serious...

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

It was not “just their day”. The Chiefs offensive line was complete decimated…. Why do people keep overlooking this? 

It’s why they lost the game. Period. My guess is the Chiefs are SB champs again if not for the ridiculous amount of injuries to their offensive line that a very talented Bucs defensive line overmatched. 

The other question is why does it bother you so much that some people overlook it? 

Does it really upset you that some Bills fans don’t think the chiefs are the greatest team to ever strap up? 

The Bucs played an outstanding game and the chiefs weren’t allowed to hold their receivers all game. Believe it or not they really were getting away with huge potentially game changing penalties all year long. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

The other question is why does it bother you so much that some people overlook it? 

Does it really upset you that some Bills fans don’t think the chiefs are the greatest team to ever strap up? 

The Bucs played an outstanding game and the chiefs weren’t allowed to hold their receivers all game. Believe it or not they really were getting away with huge potentially game changing penalties all year long

It’s odd to me how much ole Scotty wants to disregard this. I’m not saying the Bills would have even won(woulda been a lot closer though) if the officiating would have been similar to the Super Bowl. But it’s downright obvious it woulda changed the complexion and flow of the game had the chiefs gotten nailed a time or 2 early on for that type of play…. Just like it changed how their whole defense could play in the Super Bowl very early on. 

• Agree 1

Interesting thread.  Mahomes vs Allen is a very small gap IMO.  Defensive line and tight end were bigger.  Coaching is hard to compare since Reid is an offensive guy and McDermott a defensive guy.  I have to give Reid all kinds of props because he has never been confined by his West Coast coaching roots.  When the Chiefs drafted Mahomes, he wholeheartedly endorsed and incorporated a bunch of college read option stuff that Mahomes was familiar with.  McDermott is pretty adaptive on the defensive side however.  He is known for his ability to disguise coverage and confuse QBs.  I'm particular, he has used the abilities of Hyde and Poyer to coordinate and play off each other to great advantage.  He's never had a true big nickel in Buffalo, for which he was known in Carolina, but that has not stopped him from building a formidable defense.   Personally, I think he's drooling over the possibilities that Rousseau and Basham give him on the defensive line.

I do think Brian Daboll was a brilliant hire by McDermott.  He's a lot newer in his coaching career than Reid, of course, but he has some of Reid's adaptability to him.  He's from the Belichick coaching tree and the Erhardt-Perkins offensive system.  That system originated with a smash mouth style of offense, but also lends itself to significant adaptation.  It was used in New England, of course, with Brady throwing timing passes all over the field.  Daboll has adapted it to Josh Allen's strengths, and like Reid has incorporated a lot of read-option stuff from college.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Will KC be able to stop all the firepower the Bills have?

Not sure I understand this.  The Chefs didn’t seem to have a huge issue with it last season and the Bills didn’t add any firepower of note.  Sanders for Brown, a late round rookie WR and a back up TE  Someone might develop or they might be healthier, but neither is guaranteed.  

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It was not “just their day”. The Chiefs offensive line was complete decimated…. Why do people keep overlooking this? 

It’s why they lost the game. Period. My guess is the Chiefs are SB champs again if not for the ridiculous amount of injuries to their offensive line that a very talented Bucs defensive line overmatched. 

Please, they had the same O-line (except for Fisher) they had in the AFC Championship game (and previous game against the Bucs). My guess is if they replay that game 10 times with the same personnel, KC wins 7- 8 of them.

Edited by billsfan1959

On 6/25/2021 at 11:18 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Either Reid suddenly acquired magical wizard properties, or coaches, like players, have the ability to improve themselves.

It's also possible that coordinators matter and that Eric Bienemy > Matt Nagy and that Steve Spagnuolo > Bob Sutton

…or he acquired a QB with magical wizard properties. KC was a double digit win team in 4 of the 5 seasons with Alex Smith at QB. Alex was certainly a steady, reliable starter that didn’t lose games, but clearly Mahomes >>>> Smith and gives that team more flexibility in how they play both on offense and indirectly on defense. No coincidence that Reid’s change in playoff fortunes coincided with Mahomes starting.