Texas (again)

Whoa 38 people were actually shot the other day???????????

Of course - in a RED state - you have a governor trying to pay off families to “stand” by his side to lie about gun control.

No wonder why authorities are being so VAGUE.

The cult is absolutely 100% pathetic.

14 hours ago, TSOL said:

You are trying to fracture my country. But you are weak, feeble, and your processes are flawed. America is too great a land for fringe radicals like you to damage it. Go back in your hole now . 

🎯

No surprise here.

Democrats are Blatantly Stopping School Safety Measures to Create Anti-Republican Narratives

e7490ff2-d80b-4a9f-a9af-8a36f4c4ef94-450

I haven’t seen one person say that everything should stay the same after the Uvalde, Texas, mass shooting that took the lives of young children. Everyone wants to have some sort of change, and it’s definitely time for that change. Solutions began coming to the surface that are both realistic and unrealistic

The cacophony of “do something” was heard by Republicans. As my colleague Jeff Charles reported, they moved rather quickly to codify the Federal School Safety Clearinghouse in law. It’s a database of information established by the Trump administration that provides faculty, parents, and students resources on how to improve school safety, and comes with grants from both federal and state governments to make these changes happen.

It was a no-brainer move, but Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer decided to play politics as Charles reported:

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) immediately shot down the idea after Johnson asked for unanimous consent to pass the bill. “Hardening schools would’ve done nothing to prevent this shooting. In fact, there were guards and police officers already at the school yesterday when the shooter showed up,” Schumer insisted.

“More guns won’t protect our children.”

Schumer decided to put the bill alongside the Democrat’s proposed “Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act” under the full knowledge that Republicans would never vote for it. When Republicans didn’t vote for it he could then say that it’s Republicans who are actually at fault for nothing being done.

But there’s a reason Republicans didn’t vote for this act, and it’s because Schumer’s bill is just the “Disinformation Governance Board” 2.0. As reported by The Hill, Missouri Senator Josh Hawley described it well:

The GOP compares the proposal, which sets up offices in the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the FBI to target domestic terrorism, to the recently paused disinformation board set up by the Biden administration.

“It sounds terrible,” Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) of the House-passed bill, predicting it won’t get 10 Republicans in the Senate.

“It’s like the disinformation board on steroids. Another way to look at is the Patriot Act for American citizens,” he added, referring to the law passed immediately after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that expanded the government’s power to monitor phone and email conversations and collect bank records.

Schumer and the Democrats are playing politics, and for every game they play, more lives are put at risk. Schools could be hardened and made safer but Democrats are far busier giving the media talking points to make it seem like Republicans are resisting efforts to make our nation safer.

They aren’t. Democrats are trying to Trojan Horse their ridiculous Ministry of Truth and Republicans aren’t having it. If the populace was made aware of what the Democrats were actually trying to do then they would reject it by a vast majority, but the truth is going to be withheld by their media buddies. Instead, they’ll serve up the narrative that Republicans don’t care about the people, and sadly many will buy it.

Midterms are right around the corner and Democrats are desperate. So desperate, in fact, that they’ll happily toss real solutions that keep children safer out in order to create a flimsy talking point.

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022/05/27/democrats-are-blatantly-stopping-school-safety-measures-to-create-anti-republican-narratives-n570796

Edited by B-Man

15 hours ago, BillStime said:

Wow

What a mess

And your argument is I should turn over my self defense to these people? I prefer cops to normal criminals but you apparently think that cops are supposed to be perfect.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

And your argument is I should turn over my self defense to these people? I prefer cops to normal criminals but you apparently think that cops are supposed to be perfect.

No I expect cops to do what our tax dollars pay then to do: their job and not wait 40 mins to enter a building.

Can you imagine your house on fire and the firemen standing and watching your house burn down and waiting 40 mins to turn on their hose?

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

No I expect cops to do what our tax dollars pay then to do: their job and not wait 40 mins to enter a building.

Can you imagine your house on fire and the firemen standing and watching your house burn down and waiting 40 mins to turn on their hose?

I am asking you then why should I trust them to save my life? I like them much more than you generally but you are the one saying I need to trust them.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

All the more reason to never cede our guns

This will get worse in the post George Floyd era.  Cops terrified to do anything 

That's why ZERO attention should be on the guns - it should all be directed inward, on this society.  And to those saying "the rest of the world locked down to!"** that does not justify taking away mine or anyone else on the planets weapons.   

**Thank you for admitting how f...ed up they all are.  FYI the adults are worse.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

My most sincere congrats on finally posting something rational. 

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

All the more reason to never cede our guns

This will get worse in the post George Floyd era.  Cops terrified to do anything 

That's why ZERO attention should be on the guns - it should all be directed inward, on this society.  And to those saying "the rest of the world locked down to!"** that does not justify taking away mine or anyone else on the planets weapons.   

**Thank you for admitting how f...ed up they all are.  FYI the adults are worse.  

Are you implying that they weren't absolute cowards putting their own well being over little kids and instead were worried about being prosecuted for unreasonable force?

13 minutes ago, yall said:

Are you implying that they weren't absolute cowards putting their own well being over little kids and instead were worried about being prosecuted for unreasonable force?

Not implying anything.

It needs to be considered that expecting cops to go above and beyond when they're already walking on egg shells might lead to some tragic outcomes.  

What we're doing to cops nationwide in response to Floyd is the same kind of reaction we want to avoid with guns and the - not deny rights to 99.9 percent of law abiding gun owning Americans

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not implying anything.

It needs to be considered that expecting cops to go above and beyond when they're already walking on egg shells might lead to some tragic outcomes.  

What we're doing to cops nationwide in response to Floyd is the same kind of reaction we want to avoid with guns and the - not deny rights to 99.9 percent of law abiding gun owning Americans

Apples and oranges here.

While you're not wrong wrt hamstringing cops, this wasn't one of those cases.

They were just straight up pussies. 

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...