Texas (again)

15 minutes ago, Buftex said:

The scenario you are talking about is far different than what we have been seeing in the news recently.  I have nothing against you having a gun in your home to defend your home and family.  

But you do outside the home and it depends on the type of weapon I can use?

12 minutes ago, Buftex said:

The scenario you are talking about is far different than what we have been seeing in the news recently. 

I have nothing against you having a gun in your home to defend your home and family.  

That is reasonable.

But, that can be abused too.

what if my disturbed offspring kills me with my "home gun" and takes it to school ?

There are many many parts to this horrible situation that we are in.

and the knee jerk calls for gun bans won't solve it.

Purchase Age:  21

Red Flag Laws:  Sure 

Background Checks:  No problem with them - when utilized properly 

If AR's aren't around, the kids will just post on Instagram how cool their hand guns or shot guns are.  And post on FB they'll shoot up a school with them.  

Then they'll want them all banned.  

You blame the guns crowd are a joke.

• Agree 1

One suspects liberals who take to the internet to accuse Republicans of abetting infanticide aren’t really interested in compromise. Unlike Ocasio-Cortez, who champions laws that empower people to terminate the lives of the viable unborn, I don’t know of a single Republican who supports the gunning down of elementary school children.

Indeed, law-abiding Americans have no obligation to take ownership of a madman’s actions. Nor is there any reason for them to surrender their right to self-defense so that Chris Murphy, who, evidenced in many of his comments, is only interested in incrementally limiting gun ownership. That’s his right, of course. He should try and repeal the Second Amendment.

Edited by DRsGhost
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Purchase Age:  21

Red Flag Laws:  Sure 

Background Checks:  No problem with them - when utilized properly 

If AR's aren't around, the kids will just post on Instagram how cool their hand guns or shot guns are.  And post on FB they'll shoot up a school with them.  

Then they'll want them all banned.  

You blame the guns crowd are a joke.

Here is why the gun guys get blamed….the proposals you threw out were all blocked by gun guy legislators

8 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

One suspects liberals who take to the internet to accuse Republicans of abetting infanticide aren’t really interested in compromise. Unlike Ocasio-Cortez, who champions laws that empower people to terminate the lives of the viable unborn, I don’t know of a single Republican who supports the gunning down of elementary school children.

Indeed, law-abiding Americans have no obligation to take ownership of a madman’s actions. Nor is there any reason for them to surrender their right to self-defense so that Chris Murphy, who, evidenced in many of his comments, is only interested in incrementally limiting gun ownership. That’s his right, of course. He should try and repeal the Second Amendment.

This guy is a real leader….a real profile in courage

14 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

The cult has received their talking points rather quickly... and delivered via their leading J6 spokesperson no less.

You and your cult own this…

FTndySxWYAAMM8u?format=jpg&name=large

FTndySxWAAATRD_?format=jpg&name=large

10 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Here is why the gun guys get blamed….the proposals you threw out were all blocked by gun guy legislators

Did they block legislation due to those specific parts of the proposal or the proposal in total because if items in there they would not sigh off on? 

24 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Asking for an age increase to 21 is far from asking Americans to surrender their right to self defense. Demonizing people who think it makes no ***** sense to let an emotional 18 year old buy a gun when they can’t even buy a beer perpetuates distrust.

These same “can’t give an inch” people also have ***** zero to offer on the mental health solution front.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rockpile233 said:

Asking for an age increase to 21 is far from asking Americans to surrender their right to self defense. Demonizing people who think it makes no ***** sense to let an emotional 18 year old buy a gun when they can’t even buy a beer perpetuates distrust.

These same “can’t give an inch” people also have ***** zero to offer on the mental health solution front.

Yeah because once someone hits the age of 21....poof!!  Violent tendencies just disappear.  It's amazing. 

Raising the age will solve nothing....NOTHING!!!  

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

You mean just like Chris Murphy?

Compromise on what exactly? Murphy has never once offered a single proposal that would have deterred any of these mass shooters. Literally minutes after his routine, Murphy was asked about the obvious mental illness prevalent among most of these shooters. “Spare me the bullsh-t about mental illness,” the Connecticut senator responded, “ripping” the GOP. “We don’t have any more mental illness than any other country in the world.” That’s how serious he is about compromise.

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Yeah because once someone hits the age of 21....poof!!  Violent tendencies just disappear.  It's amazing. 

Raising the age will solve nothing....NOTHING!!!  

There is a lot of brain science on maturity extending well past teenage years more to the 25 range. 

I’m not trying to solve violent tendencies in adults, but to say nothing would be solved? What about Buffalo and Texas in the past two weeks?

1 minute ago, DRsGhost said:

You mean just like Chris Murphy?

Compromise on what exactly? Murphy has never once offered a single proposal that would have deterred any of these mass shooters. Literally minutes after his routine, Murphy was asked about the obvious mental illness prevalent among most of these shooters. “Spare me the bullsh-t about mental illness,” the Connecticut senator responded, “ripping” the GOP. “We don’t have any more mental illness than any other country in the world.” That’s how serious he is about compromise.

Oh ya, the other side is worse argument. Grow up.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

There is a lot of brain science on maturity extending well past teenage years more to the 25 range. 

I’m not trying to solve violent tendencies in adults, but to say nothing would be solved? What about Buffalo and Texas in the past two weeks?

NOTHING would be solved!!  They most likely would have figured a way to carry out their acts regardless of age restrictions.  

It's the red flag ***** we have to figure out.  TikTok's algorithm can nail the kind of content I'd love but we can't put two and two together on social media posts.  ***** the disinformation/censorship bull####.  Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. should be involved in figuring out how to see these red flags and get them reported to the FBI.  

6 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Oh ya, the other side is worse argument. Grow up.

Oh I'm not saying that they're worse. Well some of them are, the commies and all. 

But by and large dems and Republicans suck equally on this issue, just like most others.

I merely showed evidence of one of the guys offering no solutions who eschewed the mental health angle as well. Happens to be a Democrat.

They all suck.