Texas (again)

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

They weren’t able to stop him?  He’s carrying a rifle into the school. I think a well placed headshot would have stopped him quite nicely no? 

Trying to understand how he got in - knowing how difficult it has become to get into the schools at all levels - my kids you have to show ID and every door is locked 

And this answered my question:

Ramos Fired Outside School for 12 Minutes Before Entering

UVALDE, Texas—The gunman behind the mass shooting at an elementary school here lingered outside the building for 12 minutes firing shots before walking into the school and barricading in a classroom where he killed 19 children and two teachers, authorities said in a news conference Thursday laying out a new timeline of events.

Victor Escalon, a regional director for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said he couldn’t say why no one stopped the now deceased gunman, 18 year-old Salvador Ramos, from entering the school during that time Tuesday. Most of the shots Ramos fired came during the first several minutes when he entered the school, Mr. Escalon said.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/there-was-no-armed-officer-at-uvalde-school/

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Trying to understand how he got in - knowing how difficult it has become to get into the schools at all levels - my kids you have to show ID and every door is locked 

And this answered my question:

Ramos Fired Outside School for 12 Minutes Before Entering

UVALDE, Texas—The gunman behind the mass shooting at an elementary school here lingered outside the building for 12 minutes firing shots before walking into the school and barricading in a classroom where he killed 19 children and two teachers, authorities said in a news conference Thursday laying out a new timeline of events.

Victor Escalon, a regional director for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said he couldn’t say why no one stopped the now deceased gunman, 18 year-old Salvador Ramos, from entering the school during that time Tuesday. Most of the shots Ramos fired came during the first several minutes when he entered the school, Mr. Escalon said.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/there-was-no-armed-officer-at-uvalde-school/

So many questions and so much failure. From the gunman’s family life to the school’s lack of safety to the response time.  I’m reserving final judgment until we have more data however. 

23 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Did they block legislation due to those specific parts of the proposal or the proposal in total because if items in there they would not sigh off on? 

Come on….there is always a reason right? Why don’t conservatives propose something then?

50 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So many questions and so much failure. From the gunman’s family life to the school’s lack of safety to the response time.  I’m reserving final judgment until we have more data however. 

We'll find out what actually happened around around 4pm tomorrow re how he got in.  

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We'll find out what actually happened around around 4pm tomorrow re how he got in.  

After he posted he was going to shoot his grandmother and then posts he shot his grandmother. 

14 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Come on….there is always a reason right? Why don’t conservatives propose something then?

Answer the question. 

This is just such a senseless horror, and a tragedy beyond words. Those trying to politicize this senseless act, or use it to push a political agenda are fracturing our country. 

It's time to grieve and mourn and try to understand. And learn and try to PREVENT  one of our own citizens of our great and beautiful country, from feeling like this is something they want to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

This is just such a senseless horror, and a tragedy beyond words. Those trying to politicize this senseless act, or use it to push a political agenda are fracturing our country. 

It's time to grieve and mourn and try to understand. And learn and try to PREVENT  one of our own citizens of our great and beautiful country, from feeling like this is something they want to do. 

Politicize? 

Are you f’n nuts?

How many times do families have to endure this?

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Politicize? 

Are you f’n nuts?

How many times do families have to endure this?

You are trying to fracture my country. But you are weak, feeble, and your processes are flawed. America is too great a land for fringe radicals like you to damage it. Go back in your hole now . 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, TSOL said:

You are trying to fracture my country. But you are weak, feeble, and your processes are flawed. America is too great a land for fringe radicals like you to damage it. Go back in your hole now . 

YOU are KILLING my country.

You are too weak, feeble and your processes are covered in blood.

Crawl back in your hole and take the NRA with you.

YOU OWN THIS

There were more than 393 million guns in the US as of 2017, according to the Small Arms Survey. That's, roughly, 120 guns for every 100 people in the country. By way of comparison, France had an average of 19 guns per 100 civilians. India had five.

The numbers are clear: Trying to blame mass shooting solely on the mental health crisis we have in this country badly misses the point. Which is not to say that we don't have major issues with our collective mental health! We do! But, we also have a problem with the proliferation of guns in this country. Those two facts don't exist in a vacuum. They are inextricably linked.

But there are more gun deaths in Texas, by far, than in any other state, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Texas suffered 4,164 gun deaths in 2020, the most recent year for which the CDC has published data.

That's a rate of 14.2 deaths per 100,000 Texans.

California, by comparison, saw 3,449 deaths, a gun death rate of 8.5.

Texas does not have the highest gun death rate, however. Far from it.

The top states by gun death rates are:

Mississippi -- 28.6.

Louisiana -- 26.3.

Wyoming -- 25.9.

Missouri -- 23.9.

Alabama -- 23.6.

Alaska -- 23.5.

Here's where the lack of good federal data haunts us. It's hard to find solid gun ownership rates. The RAND Corporation, a non-profit research organization, has tried and published data on average gun ownership by state between 2007 and 2016.

All of those states with the highest gun death rates are among the ones with the highest gun ownership rates.

Mississippi -- 50% of adults live in a household with a gun.

Louisiana -- 48%.

Wyoming -- 59%.

Missouri -- 48%.

Alabama -- 50%.

Alaska -- 59%.

Where there are fewer guns, there are fewer gun deaths. The states with the lowest gun death rates in 2020, per the CDC (alongside the percentage of homes with a gun in 2007-2016, per RAND) were:

Hawaii -- 3.4 (8% of adults live in a household with a gun).

Massachusetts -- 3.7 (10%).

New Jersey -- 5 (8%).

Rhode Island -- 5.1 (11%).

New York -- 5.3 (14%).

The advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety, which endorses stronger gun laws, takes the CDC data on gun deaths per 100,000 residents and puts that alongside each state's gun laws. The states with lower gun violence rates are mostly among the states with the strongest gun laws.

Conversely, with the exception of Louisiana, the states with the highest gun death rates and highest gun ownership rates are among the states Everytown says have the most lax gun laws.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/america-e2-80-99s-unique-enduring-gun-problem-explained/ar-AAXLwzn?ocid=BingNewsSearch

• Thank you (+1) 1

PARKLAND PART II: Texas Police Lieutenant Says Cops Were Reluctant to Engage Gunman Because ‘They Could’ve Been Shot.’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/texas-police-lieutenant-says-cops-were-reluctant-to-engage-gunman-because-they-couldve-been-shot/

● Uvalde mom: The feds cuffed me when I begged cops to go in and confront the shooter.

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/05/26/uvalde-mom-the-feds-cuffed-me-when-i-begged-cops-to-go-in-and-confront-the-shooter-n472260

● Texas Police Spox on Live TV Confirmed Cops Went In for Their Own Kids During Uvalde Shooting.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-texas-police-spox-on-live-tv-confirmed-cops-went-in-for-their-own-kids-during-uvalde-shooting/

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

PARKLAND PART II: Texas Police Lieutenant Says Cops Were Reluctant to Engage Gunman Because ‘They Could’ve Been Shot.’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/texas-police-lieutenant-says-cops-were-reluctant-to-engage-gunman-because-they-couldve-been-shot/

● Uvalde mom: The feds cuffed me when I begged cops to go in and confront the shooter.

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/05/26/uvalde-mom-the-feds-cuffed-me-when-i-begged-cops-to-go-in-and-confront-the-shooter-n472260

● Texas Police Spox on Live TV Confirmed Cops Went In for Their Own Kids During Uvalde Shooting.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-texas-police-spox-on-live-tv-confirmed-cops-went-in-for-their-own-kids-during-uvalde-shooting/

Who logged on to your account….?