Texas (again)

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

A bigoted, misandristic political ad suggesting a person defined by both race and gender is apparently responsible for all societal ills and may come to burn you out of your home and much, much worse….coming from residents of a deeply southern state.

History repeats, and this ad has a very creepy, almost robotic Stepford Wives vibe to it.

And they're mocking someone with a disability!

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

And they're mocking someone with a disability!

In the old days, these people would meet in secret, at night, probably in the barn of the maga lady-rancher’s climate-destroying ranch, to discuss ways to dispatch what they call in the ad the “white politician”.  

Now, it’s a mainstream topic.  

46 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

A bigoted, misandristic political ad suggesting a person defined by both race and gender is apparently responsible for all societal ills and may come to burn you out of your home and much, much worse….coming from residents of a deeply southern state.

History repeats, and this ad has a very creepy, almost robotic Stepford Wives vibe to it. 

?

History is repeating itself? How? 

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

History is repeating itself? How? 

Well, it’s pretty straight forward, really.  

You have a number of people making highly inflammatory remarks about a particular race.  At roughly 1:18 of the screed, they specifically mention “white politicians” as those coming to burn books, coming after children, and burning homes and crosses on lawns. 

Replace “white” with any of the following, and do it in an accent from the protagonists from “Mississippi Burning” and you tell me:

Jewish. Black. Indian. Catholic.  Hispanic. And so on. 

As far as history repeating itself, we all know and agree there are small-minded, ignorant and hateful people in the world who will target a millions of people they find “undesirable”.   You probably voted for one a few years back. 

The biggest challenge isn’t the hater delivering the message, it’s when people like you offer up this sort of thing as normal and appropriate, completely oblivious to the destructive messaging contained therein.  

As I said, history repeats. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, it’s pretty straight forward, really.  

You have a number of people making highly inflammatory remarks about a particular race.  At roughly 1:18 of the screed, they specifically mention “white politicians” as those coming to burn books, coming after children, and burning homes and crosses on lawns. 

Replace “white” with any of the following, and do it in an accent from the protagonists from “Mississippi Burning” and you tell me:

Jewish. Black. Indian. Catholic.  Hispanic. And so on. 

As far as history repeating itself, we all know and agree there are small-minded, ignorant and hateful people in the world who will target a millions of people they find “undesirable”.   You probably voted for one a few years back. 

The biggest challenge isn’t the hater delivering the message, it’s when people like you offer up this sort of thing as normal and appropriate, completely oblivious to the destructive messaging contained therein.  

As I said, history repeats. 

What history are you referring to? I mean can you be specific, what was that commercial like from the past? 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No, these people would have been too young to be in commercials in the 1950s Tibs. Hard to say if they were even born. 

So nothing then? I thought so. 

Very bad use of historical comparisons by you. 

30 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s what the mob supporting bigotry always says, Tibs.  Congrats, you’re a useful idiot.  

What mob? Why the insult? 

Did I show your argument to be totally silly? 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

What mob? Why the insult? 

Did I show your argument to be totally silly? 

Insults?  You called me an idiot and a loser just recently when I attempted respectful dialogue with you.  

Were those comments from you just friendly love-nubbins?  It’s hard to tell when a poster is awash in hypocrisy from one post to the next. 

I can’t rehash a few hundred years of American history and the dangers of extremists targeting people regardless of color, even though you find it fashionable to target the white people you don’t like.  

There are ways for angry moms, purportedly from Texas, to campaign and crusade against white politicians without suggesting that Abbott is coming to their town to hand their children,  burn books and stage KKK murder and burn parties in their neighborhoods.   

The problem is, if the angry moms purportedly from

Texas avoid using over the top and hateful rhetoric, all they have is an argument against policy that they tend to lose in Texas. Remember Tibs, Texas Mom! spelled upside down is Texas Wow!, but only if you leave Texas out of it. 

You’re the guy wanting specifics….when has Governor Abbott ever been charged, arrested or convicted for any crime causing harm to children or burning crosses or burning down houses?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Insults?  You called me an idiot and a loser just recently when I attempted respectful dialogue with you.  

Were those comments from you just friendly love-nubbins?  It’s hard to tell when a poster is awash in hypocrisy from one post to the next. 

I can’t rehash a few hundred years of American history and the dangers of extremists targeting people regardless of color, even though you find it fashionable to target the white people you don’t like.  

There are ways for angry moms, purportedly from Texas, to campaign and crusade against white politicians without suggesting that Abbott is coming to their town to hand their children,  burn books and stage KKK murder and burn parties in their neighborhoods.   

The problem is, if the angry moms purportedly from

Texas avoid using over the top and hateful rhetoric, all they have is an argument against policy that they tend to lose in Texas. Remember Tibs, Texas Mom! spelled upside down is Texas Wow!, but only if you leave Texas out of it. 

You’re the guy wanting specifics….when has Governor Abbott ever been charged, arrested or convicted for any crime causing harm to children or burning crosses or burning down houses?  

One mention of white politicians white washing history, which they are doing. That's just truth. The rest of your complaining is just pure whining. 

That an ad like that would so trigger you shows the need for these people to stay active and get out the vote. 

14 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

“Pregnant person” ……smfh 

Oh, the horror! 

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

One mention of white politicians white washing history, which they are doing. That's just truth. The rest of your complaining is just pure whining. 

That an ad like that would so trigger you shows the need for these people to stay active and get out the vote. 

You haven’t provided the specifics about Gov Abbott and him burning out families.  It’s weird because you asked for specifics on the very well-established problems with intolerance and division yesterday, but now you’re quiet as a church mouse.  

You’re so wrapped up in virtue signaling that you are completely obliviously the obvious signs of divisiveness, racial intolerance and stereotyping.    People like you are why people like them thrive, and always have.  Different boogeyman, different target, same hatred.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, the horror! 

it's not that difficult Tibs - it's called a mother; you know, someone who gives birth ..... no need for the leftist word salad

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

it's not that difficult Tibs - it's called a mother; you know, someone who gives birth ..... no need for the leftist word salad

10 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Just let it go, it won't hurt you. Getting triggered over nothing is silly 

14 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You haven’t provided the specifics about Gov Abbott and him burning out families.  It’s weird because you asked for specifics on the very well-established problems with intolerance and division yesterday, but now you’re quiet as a church mouse.  

You’re so wrapped up in virtue signaling that you are completely obliviously the obvious signs of divisiveness, racial intolerance and stereotyping.    People like you are why people like them thrive, and always have.  Different boogeyman, different target, same hatred.  

So white politicians white washing history can't be called out for it, because THAT would be racist? Tail chasing at it's finest

As to the buring out families, I mean you would agree that when communities get targeted by gun nuts and massacres take place, people will feel like they are getting burned out, correct? If the governor simply wants to falsely praise the cowardly police and then make it easier for crazy racists to get guns, people will feel targeted. 

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Just let it go, it won't hurt you. Getting triggered over nothing is silly 

So white politicians white washing history can't be called out for it, because THAT would be racist? Tail chasing at it's finest

As to the buring out families, I mean you would agree that when communities get targeted by gun nuts and massacres take place, people will feel like they are getting burned out, correct? If the governor simply wants to falsely praise the cowardly police and then make it easier for crazy racists to get guns, people will feel targeted. 

Right.  I’m stating unequivocally that when one party targets people by race, implies they are guilty of heinous crimes and a threat to the children of another group, and does so for social and political gain, it’s a very bad thing.  It was always bad, but when people support the people who do it….

You should know that, and you do, because I’ve seen other posts you’ve shared, but you’re willing to make an exception for your own benefit.  

As for guns, gun nuts and the like, I haven’t seen one sensible human being equate Gov Abbot and his whiteness to hate crimes of the kkk.  I’ve seen the Some Random Moms of Texas, and you.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Right.  I’m stating unequivocally that when one party targets people by race, implies they are guilty of heinous crimes and a threat to the children of another group, and does so for social and political gain, it’s a very bad thing.  It was always bad, but when people support the people who do it….

You should know that, and you do, because I’ve seen other posts you’ve shared, but you’re willing to make an exception for your own benefit.  

As for guns, gun nuts and the like, I haven’t seen one sensible human being equate Gov Abbot and his whiteness to hate crimes of the kkk.  I’ve seen the Some Random Moms of Texas, and you.  

But if white politicians are white washing history to erase the crimes of the past, then its not bad to call them out. 

The ad was fine. Your overreactions says a lot though. 

• 2 months later...