The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

Words have meaning. 

The words that leaders and media use can change the course of events. 

We saw that with the media's poor reporting about the Gaza hospital explosion, as they helped promote Hamas propaganda, which led to rioting at U.S. and Israeli embassies. But the media didn't seem to care about the accuracy or how that might impact world events. 

But the words The Washington Post used to describe a mother and the two of her children being kidnapped are being ripped apart on social media - and rightly so. 

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/10/20/wapos-words-for-hamas-kidnappings-n2165327

9 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

@Tiberius you made a claim about bias towards Israel from our media but have not shown me anything, why is that?

I don't need to show you anything 

20 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Because it's a terrorist sympathizer useful idiot.

No, you are the Putin supporter, not me 

• Like (+1) 1

No way!

The news organization last year announced a series of "partnerships" to subsidize reporters covering climate change, race, and democracy. A review of the donor roster shows that the vast majority fund left-wing political causes, while none are supporters of conservative initiatives.

The Ida B. Wells Society, founded by "1619 Project" lightning rod Hannah-Jones, has teamed up with filmmaker Steven Spielberg's Hearthland Foundation, for example, to foster "more inclusive storytelling" at the Associated Press.

In some ways, it was a natural partnership: The AP's global investigations editor, Ron Nixon, serves on the Ida B. Wells Society's board of directors. In others, it may prove more problematic, given that Hannah-Jones's own reporting has been disputed by historians, who have argued—among other things—that her account of the motivations of the American revolutionaries is factually inaccurate.

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

How about this a-hole in the employ of the ironically named NY Intelligencer? He should deep-six the “journalism” and learn to code. Good lord. 

That's some King level hand waving and parsing.....about headless infant corpses. 

You can't possibly hate modern journalists enough.

• Agree 1

I think it’s always impossible to know the truth in war times…That’s why they call it “The fog of war”- propaganda is thrown around from all sides to build public support…

Take Israel, for example…Is it true that Hamas recently committed terrorizing acts on the Jews? Yes…

But there are also reports that Hamas was created and funded by Israel to act as a counterweight to the moderate leaning PLO…

In war, usually both sides are guilty in some regard…It’s just a matter of who ends up writing the history books…👍

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I think it’s always impossible to know the truth in war times…That’s why they call it “The fog of war”- propaganda is thrown around from all sides to build public support…

Take Israel, for example…Is it true that Hamas recently committed terrorizing acts on the Jews? Yes…

But there are also reports that Hamas was created and funded by Israel to act as a counterweight to the moderate leaning PLO…

In war, usually both sides are guilty in some regard…It’s just a matter of who ends up writing the history books…👍

How did Yasser Arafat have polonium-210 in his blood?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-palestinians-arafat-idUSBRE9A50S520131106

Polonium-210 - Wikipedia

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22019-was-yasser-arafat-killed-by-radioactive-polonium-210/