Critical Race Theory

51 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Did you go to school in America? If so, you’re trying to tell us that race wasn’t brought up when discussing the civil rights movement? 

The only lie I was told in school was that Democrats caused the civil rights act to happen. A greater percent of Republicans voted for it than Dems. Also the biggest opponents were Dems. I still remember the teacher I had and what a political hack she was, she is who taught me to verify things myself.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

The only lie I was told in school was that Democrats caused the civil rights act to happen. A greater percent of Republicans voted for it than Dems. Also the biggest opponents were Dems. I still remember the teacher I had and what a political hack she was, she is who taught me to verify things myself.

The Southern Democrats were Conservatives. Where did those Conservatives go when they left the Democratic Party? 

The Republican Party 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Did you go to school in America? If so, you’re trying to tell us that race wasn’t brought up when discussing the civil rights movement? 

Maybe my educational experience was something unique but in junior and senior high school we learned about US history including slavery, the civil war, native tribes and their lifestyles and customs, along with the traditional European centered history lessons along with the history of people in Africa and Asia.  Nobody whitewashed the events of the early period of US history and the injustices or wrongs of the system of slavery and the genocide committed against Native Americans.  The implications of these policies and their history was well understood.  And while I was just a youngster entering kindergarten school during the civil rights movement we were living it.  Dr. King, Malcolm X, George Wallace.  They were real living people and not historical references.    

Based on that reference point I cannot get my head around the idea that today's kids being sent through the public school system are totally clueless to this history and have no knowledge of the wrongs committed in the past against people of African and Native American descent.  

As for CRT the read of it I get is just repackaged Marxist theory.  Instead of the oppressor bourgeoisie and the oppressed proletariat its a copy/paste to the oppressor whites and the oppressed blacks.  Its a highly simplistic and childish notion trying to explain a complex situation.

But its also part of what I've come to call the "Woke Virtue Signalling Point System" or WVSPS.  What I find most interesting is how the majority of virtue signalling is performed by white people.  If its Blacks and Native Americans beefing about something I'm listening.  But White people complaining about the plight of Blacks?  Did they elect you as their spokesperson or something?   I don't think so.  Most of them are upper or middle class highly educated whites that have absolutely no life experience that can provide them with understanding of what inner city people face.  The fact they've studied it and read a couple books however converts them to instant experts on the subject.  The only minority people they see in their neighborhoods are the landscaping crews that manicure their lawns and property.   

The thing is, whites, and specifically straight white males are at the bottom of the Woke hierarchy.  They are the ultimate oppressor.  They're might as well be Trump supporting white supremacists.  But the way to move out of the woke basement is to publicly take on causes of the oppressed or assume another identity other than straight white male.  So white school boards and unions advocating for CRT, get points, white politicians support transsexual bathroom rights, get more points, white politicians knee down in the Capitol and support BLM, get more point.  It's ultimately all a horseshit charade as most of them believe nothing of what they claim in public.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

50 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

As for CRT the read of it I get is just repackaged Marxist theory.  Instead of the oppressor bourgeoisie and the oppressed proletariat its a copy/paste to the oppressor whites and the oppressed blacks.  Its a highly simplistic and childish notion trying to explain a complex situation.

So in teaching history, were not black people living under a regime that was as bad as communism? No good jobs, no good schools, easily arrested and convicted for false crimes, kept poor, no justice. Horrible. Racism sucks 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

So in teaching history, were not black people living under a regime that was as bad as communism? No good jobs, no good schools, easily arrested and convicted for false crimes, kept poor, no justice. Horrible. Racism sucks 

I don't disagree.  But that system is no longer supported or enabled by the law of the land.  This is 2021, its not 1950 segregated America.  Something many refuse to acknowledge as they simply will not accept things have changed.  Like communism in many places It has been abolished. 

And children, and their parents, alive today that had absolutely nothing personally to do with that era of history should not be made to feel guilty or responsible for the acts and actions of people they never knew. 

And they should not be subjected to an ideology that pits them against their friends and classmates by stereotyping them into groups under a new "separate but equal" (or unequal) doctrine.  So now with the liberal time machine we've moved in reverse to hate inspired beliefs like CRT where the idea of judging the individual based on their personal merits and actions has been replaced by a new system of separate but equal where the individual is judged by a stereotype of their race and the actions of people that are dead and gone.  Anti-diversity in action.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I don't disagree.  But that system is no longer supported or enabled by the law of the land.  This is 2021, its not 1950 segregated America.  Something many refuse to acknowledge as they simply will not accept things have changed.  Like communism in many places It has been abolished. 

And children, and their parents, alive today that had absolutely nothing personally to do with that era of history should not be made to feel guilty or responsible for the acts and actions of people they never knew. 

And they should not be subjected to an ideology that pits them against their friends and classmates by stereotyping them into groups under a new "separate but equal" (or unequal) doctrine.  So now with the liberal time machine we've moved in reverse to beliefs like CRT where the idea of judging the individual based on their personal merits and actions has been replaced by a new system of separate but equal where the individual is judged by a stereotype their race and the actions of people that are dead and gone.  Anti-diversity in action.

But teaching history requires the full truth be told, not white washed. My conservative history teacher tried telling me slavery and racism were not the biggest issues of the Civil War, and even argued with me about that (I was a history nerd back then, too) You have to include the racist motivations in teaching about how blacks had it in the past and how that affects them today. My dad was white and got all the privilidges that entailed. Black people are still living in poverty as a result of past racism., That should be taught 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But teaching history requires the full truth be told, not white washed. My conservative history teacher tried telling me slavery and racism were not the biggest issues of the Civil War, and even argued with me about that (I was a history nerd back then, too) You have to include the racist motivations in teaching about how blacks had it in the past and how that affects them today. My dad was white and got all the privilidges that entailed. Black people are still living in poverty as a result of past racism., That should be taught 

But CRT "history lessons" aren't focused on teaching about events or truth but rather is fixated on the oppressor and oppressed relationship and suggests its still the basis of the fundamental attributes of current society.  It assigns blame to people that were not alive at the time these events took place.  And it characterizes and stereotypes them with the behaviors and attributes of those bad historical actors of the past.  It focuses on past racism through the lens of a racist theory & ideology. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

But CRT "history lessons" aren't focused on teaching about events or truth but rather is fixated on the oppressor and oppressed relationship and suggests its still the basis of the fundamental attributes of current society.  It assigns blame to people that were not alive at the time these events took place.  And it characterizes and stereotypes them with the behaviors and attributes of those bad historical actors of the past.  It focuses on past racism through the lens of a racist theory & ideology. 

The past was extremely racist, why hide that fact? And that has affected the here and now. Right? 

There were oppressed people and people that oppressed. You are not denying that are you? 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The past was extremely racist, why hide that fact? And that has affected the here and now. Right? 

There were oppressed people and people that oppressed. You are not denying that are you? 

When you're ready to talk about 2021 America and not 1860 I'll be here. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The Southern Democrats were Conservatives. Where did those Conservatives go when they left the Democratic Party? 

The Republican Party 

You mean where did Robert Byrd go? Your comments are so ignorant they are hilarious. But I suppose it comes from brilliance such as this from Wikipedia

"Many scholars have said that Southern whites shifted to the Republican Party due to racial conservatism.[2][3][4] Many continued to vote for Democrats at the state and local levels, especially before the Republican Revolution of 1994."

So they voted democratic locally since they could still be racist locally.  Arguing they are republican when they vote for much more Dems is stupid.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You mean where did Robert Byrd go? Your comments are so ignorant they are hilarious. But I suppose it comes from brilliance such as this from Wikipedia

"Many scholars have said that Southern whites shifted to the Republican Party due to racial conservatism.[2][3][4] Many continued to vote for Democrats at the state and local levels, especially before the Republican Revolution of 1994."

So they voted democratic locally since they could still be racist locally.  Arguing they are republican when they vote for much more Dems is stupid.

Tiberius pushes that same FALSE narrative at least twice a year 

Response to the excrement above.

Eric Swalwell, Lincoln Project Play the Fools in Train Wreck of a Move in Virginia Governor’s Race

FTA:

So what’s a guy like McAuliffe do, when he knows he’s against the ropes a la Ivan Drago getting pounded by Rocky Balboa in Rocky IV? He summons the clowns, in the form of the Lincoln Project, a surprising move since the LP aren’t exactly known for trying to make behind-the-black-curtain moves against anyone who is over the age of 15.

As per the norm, the race card was trotted out with wild abandon in the new LP ad, with a generous tossing in of the words “Southern Strategy” to really try and frighten black voters, who a panicked McAuliffe really needs to show up on Election Day. On board to present the latest offering from the slimeball-defending outfit was Rep. Eric Swalwell, who never met a Chinese honey pot who he didn’t want to sell his country out to for the type of “comfort” disgraced Lincoln Project co-founder John Weaver sought among underaged young men looking for their big break in politics:

Now if you watch the ad, there is literally NOTHING in it that would tie Glenn Youngkin to the Southern Strategy or modern racism. Nothing. You see a bunch of references to Youngkin talking about the dangers of CRT, which McAuliffe himself has declared a “racist dog whistle” — much in the same way he insinuates former President Trump’s support is a “signal” that supposed “racists” make up the bulk of Youngkin’s support base.

It’s all one big GIANT slap in the face to the black voters of Virginia, who like black voters in other parts of America are growing tired and are getting sick of such manipulative tactics used to scare people into voting for the Democrat.

So let’s do the math here. A sellout to his country and defenders of a sick sexual predator are going to bat for “the education governor” Terry McAuliffe down the home stretch. If that’s not a sign of deep desperation from this cratering campaign, I don’t know what is.

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2021/10/28/eric-swalwell-lincoln-project-play-the-fools-in-train-wreck-of-a-move-in-virginia-governors-race-n465595

Meanwhile back to ACTUAL Critical Race Theory news:

New Hampshire Becomes Fifth State to Withdraw From NSBA

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/10/new-hampshire-becomes-fifth-state-to-withdraw-from-nsba/

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Response to the excrement above.

Eric Swalwell, Lincoln Project Play the Fools in Train Wreck of a Move in Virginia Governor’s Race

FTA:

So what’s a guy like McAuliffe do, when he knows he’s against the ropes a la Ivan Drago getting pounded by Rocky Balboa in Rocky IV? He summons the clowns, in the form of the Lincoln Project, a surprising move since the LP aren’t exactly known for trying to make behind-the-black-curtain moves against anyone who is over the age of 15.

As per the norm, the race card was trotted out with wild abandon in the new LP ad, with a generous tossing in of the words “Southern Strategy” to really try and frighten black voters, who a panicked McAuliffe really needs to show up on Election Day. On board to present the latest offering from the slimeball-defending outfit was Rep. Eric Swalwell, who never met a Chinese honey pot who he didn’t want to sell his country out to for the type of “comfort” disgraced Lincoln Project co-founder John Weaver sought among underaged young men looking for their big break in politics:

Now if you watch the ad, there is literally NOTHING in it that would tie Glenn Youngkin to the Southern Strategy or modern racism. Nothing. You see a bunch of references to Youngkin talking about the dangers of CRT, which McAuliffe himself has declared a “racist dog whistle” — much in the same way he insinuates former President Trump’s support is a “signal” that supposed “racists” make up the bulk of Youngkin’s support base.

It’s all one big GIANT slap in the face to the black voters of Virginia, who like black voters in other parts of America are growing tired and are getting sick of such manipulative tactics used to scare people into voting for the Democrat.

So let’s do the math here. A sellout to his country and defenders of a sick sexual predator are going to bat for “the education governor” Terry McAuliffe down the home stretch. If that’s not a sign of deep desperation from this cratering campaign, I don’t know what is.

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2021/10/28/eric-swalwell-lincoln-project-play-the-fools-in-train-wreck-of-a-move-in-virginia-governors-race-n465595

Meanwhile back to ACTUAL Critical Race Theory news:

New Hampshire Becomes Fifth State to Withdraw From NSBA

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/10/new-hampshire-becomes-fifth-state-to-withdraw-from-nsba/

So threatened bro - keep whistling! 

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No answer to what I posted.  Not that he read it, or understood it if he had.

Same response over and over and over.

RESTATE? You want a response to REDSTATE's opinion about the Trumpkin? OK - here you go Bonnie!

"We all know education starts with curriculum," Youngkin told his supporters at a rally on Saturday. "We will teach all history, the good and the bad."

"America has fabulous chapters and it's the greatest country in the world, but we also have some abhorrent chapters in our history, we must teach them," Youngkin added, saying that under his administration, children will not be taught "to view everything through a lens of race."

"We know in our hearts it's wrong," Youngkin said. "Dr. Martin Luther King implored us to judge one another based on the content of our character and not the color of our skin. Therefore, on day one, I will ban critical race theory in our schools."

408x1w.jpg

On 10/28/2021 at 9:24 AM, Buffalo Timmy said:

My sophomore year history & government teacher awful about all this stuff. Real simpleton good guy bad guy version of every facet of history and government… 

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

RESTATE? You want a response to REDSTATE's opinion about the Trumpkin? OK - here you go Bonnie!

"We all know education starts with curriculum," Youngkin told his supporters at a rally on Saturday. "We will teach all history, the good and the bad."

"America has fabulous chapters and it's the greatest country in the world, but we also have some abhorrent chapters in our history, we must teach them," Youngkin added, saying that under his administration, children will not be taught "to view everything through a lens of race."

"We know in our hearts it's wrong," Youngkin said. "Dr. Martin Luther King implored us to judge one another based on the content of our character and not the color of our skin. Therefore, on day one, I will ban critical race theory in our schools."

408x1w.jpg

Here's something about the "dog whistle" that I can never figure out. If the message is "a secretly racist message for their secretly racist supporters", how do people that aren't secret racists understand that is indeed racist?   I mean its secretly racist, right?  Or, maybe they should re evaluate cuz it sounds like they may be secret racists too?  Like maybe you. You can hear it.

Only a dog hears a dog whistle.

It also amazes me that the man who worked diligently towards ending racism, red lining, segregation, separate but equal, etc, who we have a national holiday in his honor, and built a monument on the mall so we never forget his message, is now a " racist dog whistle.". Good job. Carry on.

Edited by reddogblitz