The BIG LIE

16 minutes ago, Westside said:

I love that stuff. Bison dip is awesome.

i love it too and we got Wegmans in VA Beach 2 years ago who carries it.  it had been 10 years since i had it last.

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beach said:

i prefer celery but i dont mind some carrots too

Carrot sticks are tasty and for me the texture and water content of the celery sticks cuts the heat from the hot sauce.  Which is another key factor, mild, medium, hot, or something approaching thermo-nuclear.  I prefer medium but as I've gotten a little older have dialed back on the heat.

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Carrot sticks are tasty and for me the texture and water content of the celery sticks cuts the heat from the hot sauce.  Which is another key factor, mild, medium, hot, or something approaching thermo-nuclear.  I prefer medium but as I've gotten a little older have dialed back on the heat.

i go hot but not too hot.  franks redhot seems to be the perfect heat for me.  i make my own pizza/wings because i havent been able to find anything suitable in Virginia Beach.

20 hours ago, Beach said:

i go hot but not too hot.  franks redhot seems to be the perfect heat for me.  i make my own pizza/wings because i havent been able to find anything suitable in Virginia Beach.

Maybe you're the person to talk to?  I've been experimenting with homemade pizza recipes with less than desired results.  Purchasing pre-made frozen pizza dough from the local supermarket.  With my latest attempt I used a round cooking stone in my gas oven.  Using standard toppings like pepperoni, mushrooms, red onion, and provolone and mozzarella cheeses. 

Although I used an ample amount of flour on the stone surface, I encountered some sticking of the crust.  The end result was a somewhat crispy outer crust but without the desired browning and color.  And some sticking damage to the crust underneath.  In the oven for about 18 minutes at 425 degrees.  Do you suggest a longer cooking time or a higher temperature?  And a better method of creating a non-stick surface for the pie?  

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Maybe you're the person to talk to?  I've been experimenting with homemade pizza recipes with less than desired results.  Purchasing pre-made frozen pizza dough from the local supermarket.  With my latest attempt I used a round cooking stone in my gas oven.  Using standard toppings like pepperoni, mushrooms, red onion, and provolone and mozzarella cheeses. 

Although I used an ample amount of flour on the stone surface, I encountered some sticking of the crust.  The end result was a somewhat crispy outer crust but without the desired browning and color.  And some sticking damage to the crust underneath.  In the oven for about 18 minutes at 425 degrees.  Do you suggest a longer cooking time or a higher temperature?  And a better method of creating a non-stick surface for the pie?  

i also use a pre-made frozen dough.  i spray a pizza pan with cooking spray and spread the dough on it.  i let it rise.  after its risen, i flatten it (not too much), add my sauce, cheese, toppings.  into the oven at 400 for about 20 minutes.  if the bottom isnt crisp, i put it on the rack without the pan for a couple minutes.  

(i worked at a pizza place for 10 years in Utica)

Edited by Beach
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beach said:

i also use a pre-made frozen dough.  i spray a pizza pan with cooking spray and spread the dough on it.  i let it rise.  after its risen, i flatten it (not too much), add my sauce, cheese, toppings.  into the oven at 400 for about 20 minutes.  if the bottom isnt crisp, i put it on the rack without the pan for a couple minutes.  

(i worked at a pizza place for 10 years in Utica)

Make your own dough. This is the best process!

• Like (+1) 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 3:23 PM, Westside said:

I love the western NY products. Food wise, we have the best homemade products in the states. 

Totally agree i come up every year for my families reunion & i use to stock up on Sahlens, Bison dip, Schavettas, I even met a fellow western NY er that loved had Teds hot dog sauce so last year i picked him up a couple bottles .

Public here in the Nashville area has started carrying Sahlens, & Hoffmans brand hot dogs but these southerners would rather have Oscar Myer which i don't get but it's nice to be able to tighten my load a bit when i do come up .

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/5/2022 at 2:25 PM, Big Blitz said:

WOW I never thought i would ever see the day that i agree'd with Bill but hey the day has come he hit the nail on the head & the big thing i like is he doesn't care who he pisses off while doing it !! 

GO BILL or i mean GO BILLS !! 

• Like (+1) 1