Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

The ripple effect of Joe Biden’s mismanagement

by Hugo Gurdon

The banking crisis is like a brick thrown into our economic pond. Busted banks don’t just sink silently to the bottom, never to be heard of again. Their plunge sends ripples out across the entire surface that wash into every financial inlet of our lives.

If you think this has nothing to do with you because you didn’t invest in Silicon Valley Bank or keep an account there, think again. The spreading circles of its demise will splash you if you merely feel the pinch of high interest rates or buy groceries. Thanks, President Joe Biden! Why? Because his policies are to blame.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-ripple-effect-of-joe-bidens-mismanagement

• 2 weeks later...

EVERYTHING IS GOING SWIMMINGLY: 

Even a Recession Might Not Tame Inflation. 

“There is a possibility we could get a recession and still have high inflation — essentially a return of the 1970s stagflation.

This could happen if a recession comes with another supply shock, like a pull-back in trade or an increase in energy prices.

Some economists argue that the 1970s stagflation was due to expansionary monetary policy, which means that if a recession prompts the Fed to cut interest rates or restart quantitative easing before inflation is subdued, we could end up with high inflation and a recession.”

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/articles/2023/04/03/even-a-recession-might-not-tame-inflation

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

EVERYTHING IS GOING SWIMMINGLY: 

Even a Recession Might Not Tame Inflation. 

“There is a possibility we could get a recession and still have high inflation — essentially a return of the 1970s stagflation.

This could happen if a recession comes with another supply shock, like a pull-back in trade or an increase in energy prices.

Some economists argue that the 1970s stagflation was due to expansionary monetary policy, which means that if a recession prompts the Fed to cut interest rates or restart quantitative easing before inflation is subdued, we could end up with high inflation and a recession.”

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/articles/2023/04/03/even-a-recession-might-not-tame-inflation

and just think, all the spending is just starting to be felt at any level.  

but will be used to keep the stock prices high for the investors. can't have dividends go down.

When Powel went with .25.  he pretty much said Eff inflation, he was going to protect liquidity, IE the investor class.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/4/2023 at 12:11 PM, B-Man said:

The Roosevelt Recession of 1937 was due to 4 plus years of awful Roosevelt policy.   

Democrat Covid policies have been in effect just about 2 years.  The collapse wasn’t going to happen that quick.

But currently your #7 at Burger King is 8.99 meaning you order 3 of those that’s over 35 dollars depending on taxes (check your receipts some places charge 10 percent dine in taxes).  That’s just absurd.

And of course nothing is the same size it was pre 2020.  That shrinkfkation is my favorite part of this disaster.  A “bag” of chips (they’re smaller) are now 4.99.  

Unsustainable.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 2

HEY ! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Look at that Trump indictment over there !

Small Businesses Going Bankrupt at Record Pace, Higher Than During Pandemic

940e71d6-1e0f-4541-b36c-0b03cb0b4be2-450

Small businesses throughout the United States are currently filing for bankruptcy at a record pace, exceeding the levels observed in 2020 at the height of the coronavirus pandemic.

According to a UBS Evidence Lab note, the four-week moving average for private filings was 73 percent higher than it was in June 2020. They also warned the situation may worsen as the repercussions of the recent banking crises start to manifest.

“[We] believe one of the more underappreciated signs of distress in U.S. corporate credit is already emanating from the small- and mid-size enterprises sector,”

Matthew Mish, head of credit strategy at UBS, wrote in the recently published research memo. “[The] smallest of firms [are] facing the most severe pressure from rising rates, persistent inflation and slowing growth.”

The recent surge in bankruptcies is mainly the result of the Federal Reserve’s monetary tightening, which was implemented to address inflationary pressures.

Additionally, UBS noted that concerns about a credit crunch have exacerbated the increase in defaults. Real estate, healthcare, chemicals, and retail outlets are among the industries that have been most severely impacted by the wave of bankruptcies.

Data from the American Bankruptcy Institute reveals that as of February 2023, monthly bankruptcy filings have surpassed 31,000, an 18 percent increase from the 25,564 filings recorded in February 2022. The number of Chapter 11 bankruptcies, usually used by larger businesses, increased by 83 percent during the same period, with a total of 373 filings reported in February.

As the situation deteriorates, President Joe Biden has repeatedly downplayed the gravity of it and insisted that his economic plan is providing remarkable results.

https://redstate.com/benkew/2023/04/06/small-businesses-going-bankrupt-at-record-pace-higher-than-during-pandemic-n727470

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

HEY ! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Look at that Trump indictment over there !

Small Businesses Going Bankrupt at Record Pace, Higher Than During Pandemic

940e71d6-1e0f-4541-b36c-0b03cb0b4be2-450

Small businesses throughout the United States are currently filing for bankruptcy at a record pace, exceeding the levels observed in 2020 at the height of the coronavirus pandemic.

According to a UBS Evidence Lab note, the four-week moving average for private filings was 73 percent higher than it was in June 2020. They also warned the situation may worsen as the repercussions of the recent banking crises start to manifest.

“[We] believe one of the more underappreciated signs of distress in U.S. corporate credit is already emanating from the small- and mid-size enterprises sector,”

Matthew Mish, head of credit strategy at UBS, wrote in the recently published research memo. “[The] smallest of firms [are] facing the most severe pressure from rising rates, persistent inflation and slowing growth.”

The recent surge in bankruptcies is mainly the result of the Federal Reserve’s monetary tightening, which was implemented to address inflationary pressures.

Additionally, UBS noted that concerns about a credit crunch have exacerbated the increase in defaults. Real estate, healthcare, chemicals, and retail outlets are among the industries that have been most severely impacted by the wave of bankruptcies.

Data from the American Bankruptcy Institute reveals that as of February 2023, monthly bankruptcy filings have surpassed 31,000, an 18 percent increase from the 25,564 filings recorded in February 2022. The number of Chapter 11 bankruptcies, usually used by larger businesses, increased by 83 percent during the same period, with a total of 373 filings reported in February.

As the situation deteriorates, President Joe Biden has repeatedly downplayed the gravity of it and insisted that his economic plan is providing remarkable results.

https://redstate.com/benkew/2023/04/06/small-businesses-going-bankrupt-at-record-pace-higher-than-during-pandemic-n727470

Its just getting started.  small business doesn't have lobbies to get the government to do massive spending packages that directly benefit the big companies that receive most of it.  Main street, the working/middle class has no representation anymore. 

and wont be able to weather this upcoming disaster.

On 4/5/2023 at 8:31 PM, Warcodered said:

When the fed chose to only raise a quarter and has stated they might actually leave it alone or lower it. They chose to eff the unemployed and people suffering with inflation, for the big money and the corporate books.  

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Darn, another quarter million new jobs. The Biden economic machine rolls on!!

way to show everyone you have no actual knowledge of what's going on in corporate America right now. 

11 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Its just getting started.  small business doesn't have lobbies to get the government to do massive spending packages that directly benefit the big companies that receive most of it.  Main street, the working/middle class has no representation anymore. 

and wont be able to weather this upcoming disaster.

When the fed chose to only raise a quarter and has stated they might actually leave it alone or lower it. They chose to eff the unemployed and people suffering with inflation, for the big money and the corporate books.  

way to show everyone you have no actual knowledge of what's going on in corporate America right now. 

Stfu moron 

The idea you know anything is laughable 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Stfu moron 

The idea you know anything is laughable 

lol, coming from you that means.

you have nothing. and why you went ad hominem.

its just a lazy script BTW.

but I got faith. if you really try hard you might someday be able to make a sane post thats not just insults and blue anon stories.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

When the fed chose to only raise a quarter and has stated they might actually leave it alone or lower it. They chose to eff the unemployed and people suffering with inflation, for the big money and the corporate books.   thread the needle

fixed it for you

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

fixed it for you

What is the feds mandate?  Ill answer that for you, its inflation and unemployment.

if unemployment is low, they should be tackling the inflation.  but.....  higher rates kill investment/liquidity.

So....

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

What is the feds mandate?  Ill answer that for you, its inflation and unemployment.

if unemployment is low, they should be tackling the inflation.  but.....  higher rates kill investment/liquidity.

So....

They are tackling the inflation by cooling the economy with interest rate hikes.  While simultaneously trying to limit neg effects on employment that that move usually makes.  And it's working pretty well so far.  Threading the needle...

When inflation is too high, the Federal Reserve typically raises interest rates to slow the economy and bring inflation down. When inflation is too low, the Federal Reserve typically lowers interest rates to stimulate the economy and move inflation higher.

Why Does the Fed Care about Inflation?  

From the Cleveland Ohio Fed office

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

They are tackling the inflation by cooling the economy with interest rate hikes.  While simultaneously trying to limit neg effects on employment that that move usually makes.  And it's working pretty well so far.  Threading the needle...

LMAO. If I wanted the CNN/MSNBC reply, I could have just looked.  

threading the needle?

Same voices were saying "Transitionary" a year ago.

and I already answered. the mandate is inflation and employment.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/7/2021 at 11:14 AM, BillStime said:

Poor people refusing to work unless they get paid more. Bonnie, who do they think they really are, CEOs?

Oh, and its a little early for this thread, @Big Blitz - considering the fact that Trump left Biden with the worst jobs record since Herbert Hoover.

Total BS that the only thing you know to spew it's awfully funny in 2019 every where you looked there was work & not many with out work I don't know where you were looking but any where i went and i travel all over the US with my job work was booming most every place i went to .

Of course like you i had others in the same industry as i am in that would actually drive by huge construction complex like a shopping center or a apartment complex & he would again like you look me straight in my face & say the economy sucked under the previous administration & i would tell him just look around .

But he has the same degenerative vision problem as you can't see things right in front of your face just amazes me . 

Biden & you need to look at his buddies in China for giving him the job market that he inherited it wasn't that way before covid came to be .

You laugh but i know a few people in VP positions in large companies that have told me prior to covid their businesses were stronger than they had been in many years .

Edited by T master
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, B-Man said:

Much of the fortune 500 are in belt tightening mode to keep the shareholders returns on par with the prior earnings estimates (NPAT and dividends)  just starting to see the mass layoffs.  from hiring and spending freezes to hard cuts for 2023.  listen to the first quarter results. one after the other these CEO's/CFO's are saying we are in depressionary trends and have been.

• Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, T master said:

Total BS that the only thing you know to spew it's awfully funny in 2019 every where you looked there was work & not many with out work I don't know where you were looking but any where i went and i travel all over the US with my job work was booming most every place i went to .

Of course like you i had others in the same industry as i am in that would actually drive by huge construction complex like a shopping center or a apartment complex & he would again like you look me straight in my face & say the economy sucked under the previous administration & i would tell him just look around .

But he has the same degenerative vision problem as you can't see things right in front of your face just amazes me . 

Biden & you need to look at his buddies in China for giving him the job market that he inherited it wasn't that way before covid came to be .

You laugh but i know a few people in VP positions in large companies that have told me prior to covid their businesses were stronger than they had been in many years .

Huh? What's not true?

All the rest of your BS is... BS.

Trump will have the worst jobs record in modern U.S. history. It’s not just the pandemic.

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Huh? What's not true?

Trump will have the worst jobs record in modern U.S. history. It’s not just the pandemic.

The Washington Compost & other liberal rags can print anything they want those like you to believe but then there are those that lived each day seeing how good their businesses did in that time .

I listen to those actually in positions of seeing their inventories along with their sales too consumers go up & have heard from those in places of business leadership that were direct to the consumer & have been business leaders for over 25 years say their business & the opportunities of selling their products along with those that installed products sold went up during that time .

Then i listened & saw those like you during that time that would look at major retail & commercial developments of businesses being built & say the exact opposite as you are doing still today due to your blind devotion to your cause . 

So I rather than take the opinion of a fool that has not only a agenda but is biased filled  i will take the opinions of those in business with their hands on experience in the business world before i will of those such as the Washington Compost & you the Bills football fan that has never posted 1 reply as such & is only here to spread your bias filled narrative .

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Joe-Biden-Eating-Ice-Cream-Meme.png

They released Biden’s March Jobs Report today … Good Friday.

A holiday.

As anyone who doesn’t have their head completely buried in the sand would have guessed, jobs are down, except for in the public sector. Oh goodie, more people working for the government. And of course, things are even worse than they’re actually reporting in the media. Take a look at this:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/04/07/bidens-march-jobsreport-is-much-much-worse-than-theyre-telling-us-and-heres-why-screenshot/

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

U.S. Bank Lending Sees Biggest Drop Since 1973, Surpassing 2008 Financial Crisis

American banks experienced a historic contraction in the final two weeks of March, greater than even during the 2008 financial crisis, in the clearest indication yet that credit conditions are tightening as a result of deteriorating economic conditions.

According to Federal Reserve data dating back to 1973, commercial bank lending saw a drop of nearly $105 billion in the two weeks ending March 29th. The final week saw a decrease of over $45 billion, which can be attributed primarily to a decline in small banks’ loan offerings.

This reduction in lending has particularly impacted real estate, commercial, and industrial loans. The most recent report published on Friday indicated that commercial bank deposits also experienced a decline of $64.7 billion in the past week, marking the tenth consecutive decrease primarily driven by a drop in large firms’ deposits.

https://redstate.com/benkew/2023/04/09/u-s-bank-lending-collapses-by-most-since-1973-surpassing-2008-financial-crisis-n728877

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

U.S. Bank Lending Sees Biggest Drop Since 1973, Surpassing 2008 Financial Crisis

American banks experienced a historic contraction in the final two weeks of March, greater than even during the 2008 financial crisis, in the clearest indication yet that credit conditions are tightening as a result of deteriorating economic conditions.

According to Federal Reserve data dating back to 1973, commercial bank lending saw a drop of nearly $105 billion in the two weeks ending March 29th. The final week saw a decrease of over $45 billion, which can be attributed primarily to a decline in small banks’ loan offerings.

This reduction in lending has particularly impacted real estate, commercial, and industrial loans. The most recent report published on Friday indicated that commercial bank deposits also experienced a decline of $64.7 billion in the past week, marking the tenth consecutive decrease primarily driven by a drop in large firms’ deposits.

https://redstate.com/benkew/2023/04/09/u-s-bank-lending-collapses-by-most-since-1973-surpassing-2008-financial-crisis-n728877

No CFO worth a salt would suggest barrowing at these rates.  

maybe people are smartening up. I got one of those pre approval cards in the mail last week. I just have to check, was pushing an APR of 34.99%  thats effing nuts

and anyone that's in charge of the household bills is looking hard at where to cut.  

• Shocked 1

70% of Americans are ingrates that don’t appreciate all that Biden, a good American president and decent man who by all accounts speaks more eloquently now than he did when he was younger and who was victimized by repeated classified document spillage, has done for us. Sad. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

70% of Americans are ingrates that don’t appreciate all that Biden, a good American president and decent man who by all accounts speaks more eloquently now than he did when he was younger and who was victimized by repeated classified document spillage, has done for us. Sad. 

We need to stop being greedy and learn to live with less. 

20 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Yah here's some info on how good Joke Biden is doing for those %70 percent of American's that don't believe in him .

https://mondo.com/insights/mass-layoffs-in-2022-whats-next-for-employees/

On 4/7/2023 at 10:38 AM, BillStime said:

Huh? What's not true?

https://mondo.com/insights/mass-layoffs-in-2022-whats-next-for-employees/ 

That's your boys doing has nothing to do with Trump so what say you ?? Insert flailing Trump picture here DS .

Edited by T master
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Does that mean the folks that get the vehicles from their "buy here, pay here" lots don't have to pay anything?

Kidding. from Capital one, to Ally now. Thats not good news for the automotive industry thats already a massive bubble.

• Like (+1) 1

THE BOTTOM LINE.

How Americans have taken a pay cut every month since Biden took office. 

“For the typical family with two parents working, their combined weekly paychecks are up about $200, but that money has lost so much purchasing power from inflation that it’s as if their weekly pay has shrunk by more than $100.”

https://nypost.com/2023/04/19/americans-have-taken-pay-cuts-each-month-since-biden-took-office/

THAT MEANS BIDENOMICS IS WORKING: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The U.S. economy wobbled in the first months of 2023, growing at an annual rate of 1.1 percent, as higher interest rates and a banking crisis dragged down activity across sectors.

The latest figures, released Thursday by the Bureau of Economic Analysis, mark a sharp slowdown at a time when Wall Street is already bracing for recession, in part because of fears that the banking sector’s troubles will curtail lending. By comparison, the U.S. economy grew by 2.6 percent in the last three months of 2022.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/04/27/gdp-2023-q1-economy/

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Latest GDP Numbers Show US Economic Growth Slowing in First Quarter

Its crazy how the media is just ignoring the  layoffs going across most sectors.  the actual headwinds these companies are facing.

Eff, they tell us our eyes are lying when we buy the basics.