Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Fixed income is a misnomer. We’re all in fixed incomes.  Many retirees are on a greater income than when they worked.

What services is FL lacking? 

You’ll thank me some day for being real about Florida. 

You get what you pay for and there’s no state tax, so you get nothing.

13 minutes ago, Governor said:

If you ask me, that savings isn’t enough to make me move to a state that lacks so many services.

They’re no longer labor units in the state.

WTF is a labor unit?  So only working people contribute to an economy?

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

You’ll thank me some day for being real about Florida. 

You get what you pay for and there’s no state tax, so you get nothing.

Thank you?  Ok so you're right and all those people that have done their research and have come to the conclusion that FL if the best place for them to retire are wrong.

Give me a few services that are paid for by you NJ state income taxes that are not found in FL. 

14 hours ago, Governor said:

You never heard of a pension? Yup, still going strong in these parts.

Are they really going to clean up this site 1 rock at a time? They’re going to be there for 3 months. Ron DeathSentence better figure something out here.

I figured the dems would be celebrating that building collapse as a political win any moment now.

49 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I figured the dems would be celebrating that building collapse as a political win any moment now.

That lady mayor from Puerto Rico would’ve rolled up her sleeves and been removing debris the entire time, pulling people out of the rubble.

Where’s Ronald?

His bunions bothering him today?

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Governor said:

That lady mayor from Puerto Rico would’ve rolled up her sleeves and been removing debris the entire time, pulling people out of the rubble.

Where’s Ronald?

His bunions bothering him today?

This lady..? The one that quit a week before being kicked out by voters, to go be a lobbyist and that is being investigated by the FBI for corruption? 🤔 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/belatina.com/analysis-mayor-carmen-yulin-san-juan/%3famp

odd role model. 

32 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This lady..? The one that quit a week before being kicked out by voters, to go be a lobbyist and that is being investigated by the FBI for corruption? 🤔 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/belatina.com/analysis-mayor-carmen-yulin-san-juan/%3famp

odd role model. 

A true hero and patriot.

Poor Ronald. Not the entrance to the national stage he hoped for. He needs help.

Uncle Joe to the rescue!

Edited by Governor
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Shocker. Unemployment dropping faster in some states where federal benefits are ending

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/06/28/shocker-unemployment-dropping-faster-in-some-states-where-fed-benefits-are-ending-n399280

Can you point to the part in the article that says all of the people no longer on unemployment now have jobs? I can’t seem to find it. Maybe half of them? 2/3? 2/5?

Cutting off unemployment benefits early is not pushing people to find work, data suggests.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/23/ending-unemployment-benefits-early-may-not-be-having-desired-effect.html

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

Isn't inflation the sole purview of the Fed?  The Fed whose monetary policies are independent of the executive?

Soaring home prices are a factor of limited supply and cheap debt.  The stock market is in the stratosphere, every speculative investment like crypto and meme stocks has had their day, I think we are seeing a rebalancing into safer assets like real estate.  There are also a ton of cash flush americans after 18 months of pandemic who now find out they will be working from home forever and want to upgrade their living space.  Home improvement sales have been through the roof since March of 2020.  Lumber prices are through the roof.  

Not everything that happens during a presidential term is because of the president.  

On 6/26/2021 at 11:16 AM, Chef Jim said:

Oh I’ve seen it said “see!!  We need infrastructure spending!!”  🙄

Well it may be a good thing as long as it was spent on American infrastructure and not other country's but the try and make it sound in typical Political fashion that it's staying here when they are giving to a bunch of other country's and then we get stuck paying for it and they never have to pay it back !

Same as it ever was ...

Then Joe goes out & talks about how the internet is a necessity and not a luxury but after he gives away free HSI he will have to give away smart phones, iPads and all the other toys to get the votes .

Edited by T master

35 minutes ago, T master said:

Well it may be a good thing as long as it was spent on American infrastructure and not other country's but the try and make it sound in typical Political fashion that it's staying here when they are giving to a bunch of other country's and then we get stuck paying for it and they never have to pay it back !

Same as it ever was ...

Then Joe goes out & talks about how the internet is a necessity and not a luxury but after he gives away free HSI he will have to give away smart phones, iPads and all the other toys to get the votes .

As an internet service provider seeing first hand … you wouldn’t believe how much helicopter money is falling from the sky and how poorly the programs are run. And a number of the programs include  tax subsidies for devices 

On 6/28/2021 at 10:33 AM, Governor said:

Can you point to the part in the article that says all of the people no longer on unemployment now have jobs? I can’t seem to find it. Maybe half of them? 2/3? 2/5?

Cutting off unemployment benefits early is not pushing people to find work, data suggests.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/23/ending-unemployment-benefits-early-may-not-be-having-desired-effect.html

beyond laughable

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

That is why it is best to just leave the Guv's posts alone

😇

Those jobs are low wage entry level and just for kids. Why would you think grown adults on unemployment would take those jobs? Aren’t you punishing the wrong people?

You lose again. 

Judge suspends early cutoff of unemployment aid in Indiana, saying it could cause "irreparable harm.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/indiana-unemployment-judge-early-cutoff/#app

Edited by Governor

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

Those jobs are low wage entry level and just for kids. Why would you think grown adults on unemployment would take those jobs? Aren’t you punishing the wrong people?

The adults don’t take those jobs. They take, you know…….adult jobs. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

The adults don’t take those jobs. They take, you know…….adult jobs. 

Right, so why would they cut unemployment benefits from adults when it’s the restaurant industry that’s in tears about being short on staff? Those are kids jobs. Hire some kids.

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

Right, so why would they cut unemployment benefits from adults when it’s the restaurant industry that’s in tears about being short on staff? Those are kids jobs. Hire some kids.

Kids jobs?  Restaurants?  You do know who you’re talking to right?

The hospitality industry is one of many industries short on staff 

Edited by Chef Jim

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Kids jobs?  Restaurants?  You do know who you’re talking to right?

The hospitality industry is one of many industries short on staff 

Right, those are unskilled, low wage jobs and we’ve been told for 20 years that adults shouldn’t be working these jobs. That’s been the entire argument for not raising the minimum wage. 

I guess it doesn’t matter since judges are stepping in and reversing those new laws and those unemployed people will get paid anyway, but something isn’t adding up here.

Edited by Governor

37 minutes ago, Governor said:

You lose again. 

Judge suspends early cutoff of unemployment aid in Indiana, saying it could cause "irreparable harm.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/indiana-unemployment-judge-early-cutoff/#app

That's why you need to get rid of unemployment...so they start taking those jobs instead of sitting on their asses getting free money for doing absolutely nothing, waiting for a high-paying job that's not coming.  It's not rocket surgery. 

17 minutes ago, Governor said:

Right, those are unskilled, low wage jobs and we’ve been told for 20 years that adults shouldn’t be working these jobs. That’s been the entire argument for not raising the minimum wage. 

I guess it doesn’t matter since judges are stepping in and reversing those new laws and those unemployed people will get paid anyway, but something isn’t adding up here.

So you’re talking fast food.  You do realize that is only a portion of the hospitality industry right?  

1 minute ago, Doc said:

That's why you need to get rid of unemployment...so they start taking those jobs instead of sitting on their asses getting free money for doing absolutely nothing, waiting for a high-paying job that's not coming.  It's not rocket surgery. 

You’re not seeing the hypocrisy are you?

But, as we already see, stripping those benefits isn’t accomplishing that goal because those business owners haven’t figured out yet that the slaves aren’t coming back for less than 15/hr.

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

You’re not seeing the hypocrisy are you?

But, as we already see, stripping those benefits isn’t accomplishing that goal because those business owners haven’t figured out yet that the slaves aren’t coming back for less than 15/hr.

Give it some more time.  They will when the money they've gotten starts to dry up.

Edited by Doc

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

So you’re talking fast food.  You do realize that is only a portion of the hospitality industry right?  

The lobbying behind the push for republican governors to end unemployment early has been retail and the restaurant industry. Those are your lowest paying jobs.

The argument for not raising the minimum wage is that these jobs are entry-level jobs that shouldn’t pay enough for adults to live, therefore should be filled by kids just entering the workforce. Kids aren’t on unemployment.

Why would you cut unemployment benefits from adults if that’s not whose supposed to be taking these jobs in the first place?

Someone on unemployment in Florida gets 400/week. Why would/should any adult take a job that pays less than that?

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

The lobbying behind the push for republican governors to end unemployment early has been retail and the restaurant industry. Those are your lowest paying jobs.

The argument for not raising the minimum wage is that these jobs are entry-level jobs that shouldn’t pay enough for adults to live, therefore should be filled by kids just entering the workforce. Kids aren’t on unemployment.

Why would you cut unemployment benefits from adults if that’s not whose supposed to be taking these jobs in the first place?

Someone on unemployment in Florida gets 400/week. Why would/should any adult take a job that pays less than that?

Where were these adults working before they lost their jobs? 

57 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You’re the one that has been going on about adults beind out of work and having their unemployment taken away.  Why not go back to the original lines of work? 

People on unemployment are getting 400/week in most southern states. That’s 10/hr. 

The Republican talking point is that adults are sitting home and won’t go back to work because they’re getting 400/week in unemployment. These are also the jobs available now and pay range that’s “supposedly” causing the labor shortage, which caused those industries to lobby R governors to end unemployment benefits early.

Are adults supposed to be taking jobs that only pay $10 or are those jobs entry-level jobs that shouldn’t pay adults enough to live and should be filled by kids? 

Edited by Governor

On 5/7/2021 at 10:40 PM, Big Blitz said:

Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation increasing

Headline:  Poster creates clueless headline on economics!!

And make no mistake, it is clueless indeed.

Things are never this simple in wildly complex systems, except if the point isn't to understand what's happening, but instead to create an attack headline utterly regardless of its connection to reality.

Edited by Thurman#1

9 hours ago, Governor said:It’s interesting what happens when power shifts slightly towards workers. 

9 hours ago, Governor said:

I see no power shift here. The article mentions a guy who had a job, who decided he didn’t want the job, and is no longer doing it.  We don’t know the outcome from the perspective of the company, but one would presume they found another employee to replace him.  

This is the way it’s been.  The guy sees an opportunity to improve his quality of life, the person replacing him likely sees it the same way. The company replaces an employee likely more motivated to do the work they need done.  No villains, no victims.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I see no power shift here. The article mentions a guy who had a job, who decided he didn’t want the job, and is no longer doing it.  We don’t know the outcome from the perspective of the company, but one would presume they found another employee to replace him.  

This is the way it’s been.  The guy sees an opportunity to improve his quality of life, the person replacing him likely sees it the same way. The company replaces an employee likely more motivated to do the work they need done.  No villains, no victims.  

The unemployment story has been the most interesting issue throughout the pandemic. I don’t know how it all ends, but I know that things aren’t returning to how they were pre-pandemic, so small business owners should probably take notice.

17 minutes ago, Governor said:

The unemployment story has been the most interesting issue throughout the pandemic. I don’t know how it all ends, but I know that things aren’t returning to how they were pre-pandemic, so small business owners should probably take notice.

Take notice that people are typically employed on an at-will basis? 

I’ve been a small business owner for 22 years.  I can’t speak for all but I think a lot of us know people terminate employment for any one of dozens of reasons.  

It’s definitely a thing. I’ll try and spread the word. 

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Headline:  Poster creates clueless headline on economics!!

And make no mistake, it is clueless indeed.

Things are never this simple in wildly complex systems, except if the point isn't to understand what's happening, but instead to create an attack headline utterly regardless of its connection to reality.

Screenshot_20210701-102108_One UI Home.jpg

tenor.gif

Edited by Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Take notice that people are typically employed on an at-will basis? 

I’ve been a small business owner for 22 years.  I can’t speak for all but I think a lot of us know people terminate employment for any one of dozens of reasons.  

It’s definitely a thing. I’ll try and spread the word. 

Take notice that people aren’t coming back to work for less than 15 an hour, and if they do, it’s very temporary and they’ll not care about the job and leave rather quickly, which is what we’re seeing.

23 minutes ago, Governor said:

Take notice that people aren’t coming back to work for less than 15 an hour, and if they do, it’s very temporary and they’ll not care about the job and leave rather quickly, which is what we’re seeing.

Well, I'd think for most of us, rate of pay falls into one of the 'any one of dozens of reasons'.  On top of that, if the work force views the employer/employee relationship as temporary or disposable for any one of dozens of reasons, it likely won't come as a surprise to the employer.  If the employer views it similarly, it's likely not a surprise to the employed.  There are no new ideas, just different cycles in the life of a business.  All you can do as a small business owner is treat people with respect. 

But, as noted, I'll spread the word and we'll fight the, uh, man, whomever he may be. 

• Like (+1) 1