Cardinals still showing the “Hail Murray”

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

That’s an apples and oranges comparison. Stevie Johnson was always about having fun and not rubbing stuff into other players. The “No Goal” had to do with a controversial call in a championship game, Vice a play made in the regular season.

You said we need to remember our history of ineptitude before we criticize others, I think that statement should be pointed directly at the Cardinals and how they continually embellish their “Hail Murray” play. I was fine with the play once it happened as it was an incredible, highlight reel play, and knew the Cardinals we’re going to celebrate it for a little while after the game.  But it’s been over six months and the Cardinals are still showing it on social media (posted it yesterday on Twitter), so they deserve to be called out on it, Especially with some of their fans on Twitter with comments like “how about them four Superbowls...” Well, that’s three more Superbowl appearances than the Cardinals.

I don’t know the context of how they are rubbing stuff in our face. Honeslty dont care either.

The play itself is one of the most athletic plays in NFL history.  One player out jumps three others for game winning TD pass on the last play of the game. It will go down top 5 this decade for sure if not number 1 and is already in the top 50 plays of all time NFL history. 

39 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I remember when everyone celebrated the SI photo of Drayton Florence returning a Brady pick six, yet Chan Gailey was our head coach. If we could be proud of those moments, why can’t Arizona have theirs. 

B.c it was against us...

• Haha (+1) 1

You know, thinking about this a little more...one of the most iconic plays in Bills franchise history was Don Beebe tracking down Leon Lett in Superb Bowl 27, to smack the ball out of Leon Letts showboating hands. Do you think Cowboys fans take offense, because that play kept the game close, with a 35 point margin of victory for Pokes?  Does the final score of that game (52-17 for Dallas) make the Beebe play any less impressive, to Bills fans? I think not.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Buftex said:

You know, thinking about this a little more...one of the most iconic plays in Bills franchise history was Don Beebe tracking down Leon Lett in Superb Bowl 27, to smack the ball out of Leon Letts showboating hands. Do you think Cowboys fans take offense, because that play kept the game close, with a 35 point margin of victory for Pokes?  Does the final score of that game (52-17 for Dallas) make the Beebe play any less impressive, to Bills fans? I think not.

I get what you’re saying, I didn’t see the Bills promote that play on social media like how the Cardinals have been since the play happened back in November. Usually, it’s the NFL or other media outlets that show the Beebe/Lett play, compared to the Bills showing it, so there’s a big difference.

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I remember when everyone celebrated the SI photo of Drayton Florence returning a Brady pick six, yet Chan Gailey was our head coach. If we could be proud of those moments, why can’t Arizona have theirs. 

That play was against a division rival who had a 15 game winning streak against the Bills, so it was very meaningful game, compared against the Cardinals who the Bills play once every four years...no comparison!

Edited by Jerry Jabber

13 hours ago, Buftex said:

I know what you mean...but lets be fair.  Our team hasn't had a lot to show, other than some big plays here and there, for the better part of two decades...it's all they got right now...just like Kyle Williams TD celebrations for us for a few years there..or Nate Clements "destroying" Tom Brady 20 years ago, in a game we still got our asses handed to us.  Just sayin... 

Exactly. Bills fans ARE cocky and rightfully so, but those that don't look to the past are doomed to repeat it. Personally, I'm taking nothing for granted.

Anyways, the Hail Murray was a horrible loss that left me speechless and temporarily depressed, but like a few pointed out, it might have sparked the run.

That's what bad teams do. They take big things that happen in a single game and hang their hat on it. It's like the couple times we beat the Patriots during the drought. It'd make the cover of SI and we'd all revel in it for an entire season. Because otherwise, all you've (in this case, the Cardinals) got to focus on is failure.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

Yeah, idk what the big uproar is over this. 

We all know that if Diggs had an equivalent play - hail mary, last play of the game, surrounded by three defenders - we'd be showing that highlight 'til the end of time. 

Actually, if we had won that game Digg's catch with 30 seconds left would have been one of the top highlights of the year for the Bills. It just got lost after the last play

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Yesterday on Twitter, the Arizona Cardinals posted the infamous “Hail Murray” photo on their Twitter feed. I think it’s funny, for a team that’s been in the NFL since 1920, been in three different cities [Chicago, St. Louis, Glendale] and has only won two championships in their 101 year history (last in 1947), I can see why the Cardinals keep showing this play as the Cardinals have absolutely nothing to show for. What a joke of a franchise! They’re the retirement home of the NFL.

Let them enjoy a great play by two of their star players.  It’s called marketing.   

Bills fans still watch the comeback against the Houston Oilers.  We went on to lose another Super Bowl but we still talk about and watch highlights of that game.  

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Buftex said:

Ok... but I think "Bills Mafia" is at the inflection point of transitioning for "lovable losers/great fans" to being insufferable...almost like Red Sox fans after they won a World Series.  

It was an amazing play by Hopkins, not a bad play by the Bills.  Maybe the best play of an entire NFL season.  It is worth celebrating for them.... I don't think celebrating it is them rubbing it in our face.

Our fan base is getting a little cocky.  We haven't won anything yet either... but you know that.  Are the Cardinals all of the sudden one our biggest rivals? 

Oh no, not the pink hats!