Diggs played with torn oblique in playoffs?

On 4/29/2021 at 6:28 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

...Should've defended the 'Hail Murry'......

The defensive call was perfect. The DBs played the ball just about as well as they were able. They were out jumped on a perfect pass. Sometimes their best is better than your best.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, The Dean said:

The defensive call was perfect. The DBs played the ball just about as well as they were able. They were out jumped on a perfect pass. Sometimes their best is better than your best.

no pass rush there is my complaint.  Murry had all day to throw it.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I disagree.  Poyer came in like a missile and knocked the 2 other guys off Hopkins.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Yep. A great play by a future HOF WR who gave a clinic on the definition of high pointing the football. Sometimes ya just gotta tip your hat to the opponent. 

As to the throw, it was nothing special in the least; just a fly ball to the end zone. Sure, it was from midfield or there abouts,  but most QBs in the league can make that throw. 

On 6/2/2021 at 5:00 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There was a pass rush, Addison just went for the sack instead of continuing to pursue him which would have kept him from setting to throw (IMHO)

fair point, but  not much of a pass rush if your neither getting a sack, nor preventing the QB from setting to throw, IMHO 

51 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

fair point, but  not much of a pass rush if your neither getting a sack, nor preventing the QB from setting to throw, IMHO 

Pass rushes rarely get to a QB on a hail mary. It doesn't make any sense to send extra guys, so it's done with 3-4 defensive lineman. I thought the design was fine. And, for the most part, the defenders played about as well as they are capable. They got beat on this play. Move on.  IMO, anyway.

23 hours ago, The Dean said:

Pass rushes rarely get to a QB on a hail mary. It doesn't make any sense to send extra guys, so it's done with 3-4 defensive lineman. I thought the design was fine. And, for the most part, the defenders played about as well as they are capable. They got beat on this play. Move on.  IMO, anyway.

I’ve seen a few teams send heat on a Hail Mary play.  Disguised or otherwise, prevents the WR from getting downfield by the time the QB needs to throw it. 

11 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I’ve seen a few teams send heat on a Hail Mary play.  Disguised or otherwise, prevents the WR from getting downfield by the time the QB needs to throw it. 

I've seen it as well, but it's relatively rare. And it rarely works against a QB as mobile as Murray. Against Bledsoe? Sure, give it a shot, maybe.

• Agree 1

On 6/5/2021 at 5:19 PM, GunnerBill said:

Greggo has done it the back half of his career. It has failed as many time as it has worked. 

difference between the way he does it (sending the house) and the way others do.   (delay corner blitz, disguises, etc).