CB/LB/DE/DT

I’m not sure who we will take at 30, or even if we will trade up or down. Part of me wants a DE at 30, but the talent doesn’t really seem to stand out at 30. I would kind of like to see a CB#2 , and think there will be a lot of talent available. I also think we be smart to take a LB that can cover TEs, seeming how we struggled with them during the season. Really the only LB that sticks out to be is JOK, but I think we would have to trade up for him. 

I really like Newsome and Farley, but I haven’t heard their names associated with scouting much. Supposedly we like Ifeatu, but I wouldn’t draft him at 30. 

What direction do you feel we go with for 30? 

I really like Bobby Brown and Shelvin, and wouldn’t mind picking them up in the 3rd round, I feel they provide good value at that pick. 

I largely agree with your needs. 

I think we can get better on the Offensive Line. Cody Ford has been a near bust thus far, Morse has been ok as a high priced FA. But the interior can be improved. 

I think Defensive Line is a candidate for selection. Butler is ok (had a nice Ravens game), Oliver has been a disappointment, Star L is near the end of the line at that money, and Phillips is average. Age is the story at DE, because Hughes is 32, Addison is 33, going to 33 and 34 respectively by the time football season rolls around, and after those two its Johnson and Epenesa. No world beaters. 

And cornerback, its been Levi Wallace holding down the fort as the #2, while rotating in Josh Norman, EJ Gaines, Kevin Johnson, Vontae Davis type players. 

Running back is not a straight shot IMO. You've spent two 3rd Rounders on guys, signed Breida, and now are going to draft another? And we're sure Etienne is miles better than guys that fall out of the first. At most, 3 running backs will be taken in the 1st? Most likely 2. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I largely agree with your needs. 

I think we can get better on the Offensive Line. Cody Ford has been a near bust thus, Morse has been ok as a high priced FA. But the interior can be improved. 

I think Defensive Line is a candidate for selection. Butler is ok (had a nice Ravens game), Oliver has been a disappointment, Star L is near the end of the line at that money, and Phillips is average. Age is the story at DE, because Hughes is 32, Addison is 33, going to 33 and 34 respectively by the time football season rolls around, and after those two its Johnson and Epenesa. No world beaters. 

And cornerback, its been Levi Wallace holding down the fort as the #2, while rotating in Josh Norman, EJ Gaines, Kevin Johnson, Vontae Davis type players. 

Running back is not a straight shot IMO. You've spent two 3rd Rounders on guys, signed Breida, and now are going to draft another? And we're sure Etienne is miles better than guys that fall out of the first. At most, 3 running backs will be taken in the 1st? Most likely 2. 

For me it’s all about who can contribute the most with pick 30 or a trade up. Who helps us more, a LB that can cover Kelce. A CB #2 that can help lock down most threats during the whole season opposite of Tre. A Olineman that can help open up the run game a little more , or a DE/DL that can get after that QB. 

Personally I think a CB#2 and DE are the best option, but I don’t like Oweh and a few others at 30. I think good top end CB talent exist and would bring us the best value at 30. I think DL talent is there to be had in the later rounds like Bobby Brown and Shelvin. I’m not really sure I like taking a RB at 30, but if Beane feels like that helps this team more, than so be it I guess. 

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Big strong Linebacker please.

There's no such thing as too many.

I only like JOK in the first round, and I think we would have to trade up. I’d be ok for trading up for him, he would help us with TEs. 

6 minutes ago, teef said:

cb, de, and/or bpa.

What DE would you take at 30? Rousseau? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I rarely do this...but...did we REALLY need yet another thread on the same topic?  Really?

No, and I know I’m guilty this time. Rarely will I start a similar thread topic. But I wanted a specific thread for actual pick discussion, most of the others have some vague discussion about RBs, or who they think Beane will pick with the 30 pick. I just want to discuss this on the main page and not in the college football thread. It’s draft day tomorrow after all. If mods want to merge it, fine I won’t be mad. 

16 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What DE would you take at 30? Rousseau? 

in all honestly, i have no real grip on who is who in the lower part of the first.  i'm not sure if there's anyone of value at those positions, but those are the spots i hope bpa is hovering around.  hey...if rb is the bpa, so be it too.

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

No, and I know I’m guilty this time. Rarely will I start a similar thread topic. But I wanted a specific thread for actual pick discussion, most of the others have some vague discussion about RBs, or who they think Beane will pick with the 30 pick. I just want to discuss this on the main page and not in the college football thread. It’s draft day tomorrow after all. If mods want to merge it, fine I won’t be mad. 

Ha! No worries dude. We've clearly reached Draft Day Eve.

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

My favorite possibilities are a CB2 or Vera-Tucker if he's there. 

Who are some of your CB2 choices? 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ha! No worries dude. We've clearly reached Draft Day Eve.

It’s like a holiday for me, I’m ready. Can’t wait to sit down and just chill and enjoy the draft days. 

3 minutes ago, teef said:

in all honestly, i have no real grip on who is who in the lower part of the first.  i'm not sure if there's anyone of value at those positions, but those are the spots i hope bpa is hovering around.  hey...if rb is the bpa, so be it too.

I don’t mind if we go DE with 30, but I’m just not sure if decent 1st round talent will be there with DEs. We will probably have the Choice of Oweh, Rousseau. I don’t think Phillips will fall to 30. I don’t really like Oweh, so our choices are kind of limited. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m not sure who we will take at 30, or even if we will trade up or down. Part of me wants a DE at 30, but the talent doesn’t really seem to stand out at 30. I would kind of like to see a CB#2 , and think there will be a lot of talent available. I also think we be smart to take a LB that can cover TEs, seeming how we struggled with them during the season. Really the only LB that sticks out to be is JOK, but I think we would have to trade up for him. 

I really like Newsome and Farley, but I haven’t heard their names associated with scouting much. Supposedly we like Ifeatu, but I wouldn’t draft him at 30. 

What direction do you feel we go with for 30? 

I really like Bobby Brown and Shelvin, and wouldn’t mind picking them up in the 3rd round, I feel they provide good value at that pick. 

Offensive weapon. 

im pretty flexible because unlike w josh allen i don't have as strong an opinion on this draft, but in terms of max value for the team, i have to think a CB who fits us well falling to 30, followed by a big nasty 1 tech, and then TE, OG, and edge (no order on that) is max improvement to our team.

all our losses seemed to have one thing in common, instead of stopping the big plays (we were tops in the nfl stopping big passes, bad at stopping big runs) we allowed them, and sometimes in bunches (the near melt down vs the colts is an example).

on O, production from RB or TE (both of which may need better blocking) is really what will improve an already great O.  on D, our bend but don't break style works as long as it doesn't actually break.  an upgrade at the last line of defense means it gets very hard for passers to make decisions, instead of just avoiding tre.

also, aside from RB i think CB translates soonest from college to pros

TRADE DOWN for more picks.

Emphasis on Offense, not defense.

Our problems don't lie with defense.

They lie with our offense not being lethal enough, as good as it is.

The path to the Super Bowl is to make a team that will get its 30 points no matter who they play or when, and then the other team has to come up with 31 if they want to win.

Those are the teams that do all the winning, with a few exceptions over the last 30 years.

11 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Offensive weapon. 

RB or WR? While I would be ok with either Moore, Etienne, or Harris , is it worth the 30 pick? After all we already have Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, and Davis. For some reason 1st round RBs seem overextend their value. Maybe that’s because I feel duped by the Spiller pick. I won’t be mad if we get a Moore.